Author Topic: "Start by Asking Yourself What is a Supporter and Work on from There”  (Read 44097 times)

Offline misty

Re: "Start by Asking Yourself What is a Supporter and Work on from There”
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2018, 11:31:08 PM »
OK here is my opinion of some supporters (of the couple).  This is not a carte blanche picture of my impression of every supporter just some I have seen whilst looking into the case.

It seems to me that Kate & Gerry can do no wrong in their eyes with the possible exception of leaving the children alone.  Everything the McCanns have said or done is justified in the eyes of the supporters, weirdly though this appears to include Leonor Cipriano the convicted murderer of her own 8 year old daughter Joanna. I see very little mention of Joanna only Leonor, which I find very odd.

To a supporter anything or anyone that indicates any possible guilt in anything even something small is to be derided and explained away.       

Looking on other forums as I have done in the last year or so, I see sceptics have been insulted, laughed at, have their physical appearance picked apart and their photographs put on open threads for anyone to see.

Personally I find this type of behaviour reprehensible and seeing how Brenda Leyland was treated by both the media and the supporters elsewhere (and to a lesser degree here), I can't understand why an adult discussion cannot go ahead without name calling and personal insults.

Just my thoughts and opinion of course.

My support for Kate & Gerry is an extension of my support for Madeleine's right to be found & their right to justice for her. Joana Cipriano was denied that right, due in no small way by the manner in which her case was handled - coincidentally involving some of the same PJ officers who later worked on the Madeleine case. The majority of supporters hold the same opinion, which is based on logical conclusion after assessing the available evidence (or rather the lack of it when it comes to parental involvement).
IMO most supporters can be proud of their stance in the pursuit of justice for Madeleine. Unfortunately the same cannot be said of those who choose to cross the lines of common decency & are embarrassed when their behaviour is displayed nationally for all to see.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 09:42:12 AM by Angelo222 »

Offline Sunny

« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2018, 11:37:33 PM »
My support for Kate & Gerry is an extension of my support for Madeleine's right to be found & their right to justice for her. Joana Cipriano was denied that right, due in no small way by the manner in which her case was handled - coincidentally involving some of the same PJ officers who later worked on the Madeleine case. The majority of supporters hold the same opinion, which is based on logical conclusion after assessing the available evidence (or rather the lack of it when it comes to parental involvement).
IMO most supporters can be proud of their stance in the pursuit of justice for Madeleine. Unfortunately the same cannot be said of those who choose to cross the lines of common decency & are embarrassed when their behaviour is displayed nationally for all to see.

An interesting post Misty. Most of which I can fully understand although I think the last bit is a bit rich.  I assume all sceptics are included in your post (the bolded part) and clearly you are speaking about Brenda Leyland. I think she was more than "embarrassed" having her name, photograph, address  emblazoned over the TV, radio and it seemed all nearly media outlets with the name TROLL forever to be her epitaph.   

Do you think she deserved what she was given by the likes of Martin Brunt etc? I don't.

Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline misty

« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2018, 11:47:53 PM »
An interesting post Misty. Most of which I can fully understand although I think the last bit is a bit rich.  I assume all sceptics are included in your post (the bolded part) and clearly you are speaking about Brenda Leyland. I think she was more than "embarrassed" having her name, photograph, address  emblazoned over the TV, radio and it seemed all nearly media outlets with the name TROLL forever to be her epitaph.   

Do you think she deserved what she was given by the likes of Martin Brunt etc? I don't.

I referred to those who crossed the lines of common decency, whatever their views on the case. Some have been named in the media, some cautioned for trolling & some convicted for serious crimes. The recipients/victims of such actions do not deserve to be treated in such a fashion - what sort of society do we live in if people turn a blind eye just in case the perpetrators get upset?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 12:11:48 AM by misty »

Offline Sunny

« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2018, 11:50:50 PM »
I referred to those who crossed the lines of common decency, whatever their views on the case. Some have been named in the media, some convicted of trolling & some for serious crimes. The recipients/victims of such actions do not deserve to be treated in such a fashion - what sort of society do we live in if people turn a blind eye just in case the perpetrators get upset?

Has anyone been convicted of trolling in the McCann case?  Interesting you mention "some for serious crimes". Could you give me cites for these please Misty.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2018, 11:58:00 PM »
If they had simply gone to the police with their concerns then I may have understood the dossier builders but they didn't they went straight to the mainstream media to cause Brenda as much pain as possible. Perhaps they knew before hand that Brenda hadn't broken any laws and still wanted her to feel pain much like Kate mcCann wanted Goncalo Amaral to do.

From what I gather the McCanns aren't on twitter or social media so Brenda wasn't speaking to them directly and I imagine only a few people would have read her posts on twitter so to go to a full blown media expose on her is extremely OTT in her case.  I imagine there are some sceptics who may have more deserved that treatment but I certainly don't think Brenda did.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 09:25:14 AM by slartibartfast »

Offline misty

« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2018, 12:08:15 AM »
If they had simply gone to the police with their concerns then I may have understood the dossier builders but they didn't they went straight to the mainstream media to cause Brenda as much pain as possible. Perhaps they knew before hand that Brenda hadn't broken any laws and still wanted her to feel pain much like Kate mcCann wanted Goncalo Amaral to do.

From what I gather the McCanns aren't on twitter or social media so Brenda wasn't speaking to them directly and I imagine only a few people would have read her posts on twitter so to go to a full blown media expose on her is extremely OTT in her case.  I imagine there are some sceptics who may have more deserved that treatment but I certainly don't think Brenda did.

IMO your research of twitter events at the time is incomplete.

Offline misty

« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2018, 12:13:45 AM »
Has anyone been convicted of trolling in the McCann case?  Interesting you mention "some for serious crimes". Could you give me cites for these please Misty.

I have amended my post to "cautioned" for trolling. There will be no cites as the least said about these people, the better.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2018, 12:16:35 AM »
IMO your research of twitter events at the time is incomplete.

It wasn't methodical research by any means. I have seen all her tweets (I think) and I did look at others around that time and since on the #mccann thread. 
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 09:27:50 AM by slartibartfast »

Offline Erngath

« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2018, 01:16:15 AM »

I have never used this emoticon before but now is the appropriate time to do so. 8@??)( 8@??)(
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 09:42:40 AM by Angelo222 »
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2018, 09:30:13 AM »
OK I see that / has some special meaning.
"a supporter to me is a  person who a  100%  believes the mcansn and wont have anything  said  against  them they get hostile when people  tll them  no one is perfect  and everybody has  flaws they say horrible things about people who disagree about them/the mcanns they drove a  person to sucide and i for one will never forget  that "

Tidied up it could be "The supporters say horrible things about people who disagree about them or the McCanns.  They even drove a  person to suicide".
Are you trying to drive me to suicide?

I think you'll find that it was Martin Brunt's unwarranted intervention that tipped the poor vulnerable woman over the edge and almost destroyed his own career as a journalist for Sky News.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2018, 09:35:26 AM »

Same old...same old.  If you need to blame anyone, blame her murdering uncle and delinquent mother.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 09:43:21 AM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2018, 09:38:45 AM »

Totally agree.  Misty talks about sceptics being embarrassed when publicly exposed, was the author of the dossier so exposed or publicly embarrassed yet?

As for the thread title, I would always support the parents of a missing child if I thought they deserved it.  In this case I don't.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 09:50:09 AM by Angelo222 »

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2018, 10:48:49 AM »
Totally agree.  Misty talks about sceptics being embarrassed when publicly exposed, was the author of the dossier so exposed or publicly embarrassed yet?

As for the thread title, I would always support the parents of a missing child if I thought they deserved it.  In this case I don't.
IYO what is the one thing that makes you feel like this Angelo?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2018, 12:00:00 PM »

"If they had simply gone to the police with their concerns then I may have understood the dossier builders "

Sunny with this regard I believe the dossiers took it to SY who said it was nothing to do with the investigation, to take it to LP.  when they got no joy they went to the media. I have tried to find the thread where this was mentioned...

A lot of online stuff was sent to police... no arrests
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2018, 01:06:30 PM »
Do you mean holding cells Robittybob1? If so I think you are incorrect as the police have said that Brenda Leyland broke no laws so I imagine most of the other sceptics haven't done so either.

As we have here:

https://news.sky.com/story/mccann-trolls-police-wont-take-action-10361261

I accept that there are some horrific 'jokes' about Madeliene I am disgusted by any I have come across. There is also unpleasantness by some who just do not like the McCanns- I do not share their mindset or agree with their behaviour in some parts on the web. However, I am very aware of the  huge 'public attention seeking agenda' by the parents and their supporters.

This is to make all people who do not buy into their version of what happened that night into a large scale 'terror network'. Huge fail!

The supporters Give the impression the McCanns are above and beyond reproach. In doing this , they deny justice for The real VICTIM= Madeliene Beth Mc Cann IMHO.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin