Author Topic: Would Madeleine still have memories of her former life after 9 years?  (Read 12443 times)

Offline Erngath

Re: Would Madeleine still have memories of her former life after 9 years?
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2016, 10:41:25 PM »
I don't know how much difference a year makes but Lou Gang, who must have been a remarkable child ensured he could remember as much as he possibly could about who he was after his kidnap.

There is nothing to say that depending on the child and circumstances a similar feat of memory could not be achieved by an intelligent four year old however much it might puzzle and perplex.

I do not think that Madeleine would forget her brother and sister who she adored ... and that might be a trigger.

**snip

In 1990, at the age of five, Luo Gang was kidnapped and sold to a family in another part of China. Unable to remember his parents' names or the village they lived in, he stood little chance of ever going home. But 23 years later he did.

But when he realised there would be no reunion with his parents, Luo made the decision to start rehearsing his fading memories, determined that one day he would use them to find his way home.

So each night as he lay in bed, Luo repeated what he could remember of his life before.

How he and his brother used to play on an old stone bridge opposite their little house with a tiled roof. How he had once fallen off the bridge and hurt his back. That there were two streams outside and how they used to cross rice fields to get to school.

"I was like a computer," Luo says. "I tried to keep my memories of family and the geographical surroundings - I didn't even really know my own name."

Luo's new parents never explained why he had been taken before they died two years after his arrival. Nor did the "grandparents" who raised him after that.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-24526210

There would be so many early memories that will stay with her and she seemed a very bright articulate little girl.
The little songs she sang, the memories of her siblings, her grand parents, little trips out, the nursery she attended etc.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2016, 08:55:45 PM »
If Maddie is still alive and living with another family- I believe she will remember who she really is. She comes across on videos as being a lively vibrant, intelligent, confident, little girl her mum claims whoever took Maddie she would give them her tuppence worth. She was smart enough to challenger her parents for leaving them alone.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline jassi

« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2016, 08:56:57 PM »
If Maddie is still alive and living with another family- I believe she will remember who she really is. She comes across on videos as being a lively vibrant, intelligent, confident, little girl her mum claims whoever took Maddie she would give them her tuppence worth. She was smart enough to challenger her parents for leaving them alone.

Allegedly
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2016, 09:19:40 PM »
Allegedly

...according to her mother. Maddie- "where were you..."

Offline jassi

« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2016, 09:20:46 PM »
...according to her mother. Maddie- "where were you..."

Exactly - an uncorroborated story that may or may not be true.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2016, 09:44:55 PM »
Exactly - an uncorroborated story that may or may not be true.

hmmmm Yes, but I actually believe that conversation did take place, but some of it missing for some reason. Kate did confide this to another parent so she was concerned about something. There is something Kate is not telling IMO.
A child would be smart enough to almost scold her parents for not being there, but we don't hear what the parents replied to the child to comfort her, reassure her (why is that)- we are told she said what she said and then  walked away and thought nothing more of it...hmmm No, I can't buy that. A child wakes up with her sibling crying, she goes to get her parents- they are not in the apartment and  what? she goes back to bed and falls asleep?
 What did happened that night!!!?

Offline sadie

« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2016, 01:06:04 AM »
If Madeleine ever does see something to trigger her memory, and there's enough stuff out there to help, then she could well find herself.

IMO, she would only have to hear her dad (or her mum) say 'Madeleine' in their own chacteristic way and it would likely trigger some memories.

stephen25000

« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2016, 08:07:27 AM »
IMO, she would only have to hear her dad (or her mum) say 'Madeleine' in their own chacteristic way and it would likely trigger some memories.

So come on Sadie, let us all into the big secret, where do you think she is.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2016, 01:09:14 PM »
So come on Sadie, let us all into the big secret, where do you think she is.

We know that 2 of Sadie's sightings have already been totally discounted.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

stephen25000

« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2016, 01:11:22 PM »
We know that 2 of Sadie's sightings have already been totally discounted.

Exactly Slarti.

So why does she persist in citing the same ones again and again ?

Offline Lace

« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2016, 07:45:30 PM »
It is very possible that Madeleine will have memories of her life with the McCann's,  read this story about this little boy who got lost at the age of five  -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-17693816

stephen25000

« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2016, 07:52:58 PM »
It is very possible that Madeleine will have memories of her life with the McCann's,  read this story about this little boy who got lost at the age of five  -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-17693816

That is only applicable if she was alive.

There is no evidence to support she is.

Offline Lace

« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2016, 09:13:55 AM »
That is only applicable if she was alive.

There is no evidence to support she is.

Stephen,  what is the title of this thread?     I was posting with regards to what this thread is about.

stephen25000

« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2016, 09:18:23 AM »
Stephen,  what is the title of this thread?     I was posting with regards to what this thread is about.

I am well aware of the title of this thread and it's intent.

Offline Lace

« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2016, 09:19:31 AM »
I am well aware of the title of this thread and it's intent.

So why the negative reply to my post about the little boy who remembered his childhood?