Author Topic: Is the Labour Party in danger of imploding?  (Read 91311 times)

Offline Alice Purjorick

Re: Is the Labour Party in danger of imploding?
« Reply #105 on: July 24, 2016, 12:42:13 PM »
Does anyone believe that Jeremy Corbyn could ever win a General Election?

I think it's doubtful. I never thought Neil Kinnock ever would, nor did he, but the labour party were happy with him as leader.
They could do worse than think about what set Attlee, Wilson and Blair apart seeing as how they actually won general elections unlike Callaghan, Foot, Kinnock & Brown.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

stephen25000

« Reply #106 on: July 24, 2016, 01:22:40 PM »
Oh dear. So many deluded people around. Why are they deluded? Because they didn't agree with you on the EU referendum and because they don't agree with you on who should lead the Labour Party. You're beginning to sound like one of those disgruntled MP's who're convinced they know best!  8((()*/

In this case, if you believe Corbyn is electable, you are certainly deluded.

Corbyn hasn't got a chance.

As I said , he is surrounded by sycophants.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #107 on: July 24, 2016, 01:36:40 PM »
Does anyone believe that Jeremy Corbyn could ever win a General Election?

There is a hatred and fear of left-wing politics by some in this country, as we have seen since Corbyn won the Labour leadership election;
http://www.heraldscotland.com/opinion/14637934.Kevin_McKenna__Why_the_powers_that_be_fear_Jeremy_Corbyn/

They attacked Nigel Farage in a similar way but people took no notice and his support grew. Tha same effect can be seen with Corbyn.

If Scotland became disenchanted with the SNP Labour could easily win a general election. Whether it could do so with Corbyn in charge remains to be seen.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

stephen25000

« Reply #108 on: July 24, 2016, 01:38:24 PM »
There is a hatred and fear of left-wing politics by some in this country, as we have seen since Corbyn won the Labour leadership election;
http://www.heraldscotland.com/opinion/14637934.Kevin_McKenna__Why_the_powers_that_be_fear_Jeremy_Corbyn/

They attacked Nigel Farage in a similar way but people took no notice and his support grew. Tha same effect can be seen with Corbyn.

If Scotland became disenchanted with the SNP Labour could easily win a general election. Whether it could do so with Corbyn in charge remains to be seen.

So where does Corbyn have support apart from his band of followers. ?

Whilst I agree with some of his policies, he has no chance of winning an election.

Alfie

« Reply #109 on: July 24, 2016, 02:08:57 PM »
You seem woefully ill-informed about the powers and areas of responsibility of the Leader of the Labour Party. Look up 'Compliance Unit'; here's a link to help you.
http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/staggers/2016/02/senior-momentum-member-expelled-labour

I expect those who tried to bully their elected leader out of his position will eventually be dealt with.

You also seem confused when describing Corbyn. You need to decide if he's a reincarnation of Mao or some religious leader.  @)(++(*

I have seen vicious attacks on Corbyn by those MP's who are more likely to approve of Progress than of Momentum. I have seen the media print only stories which attempt to discredit him. Despite that ordinary people have supported him, just as they supported Farage in similar circumstances. The media needs to take note. People no longer swallow their demonisation tactics.

I have said over and over I believe in democracy. Corbyn was democratically elected and most of the MP's who oppose him do not seem to be representing the views of their constituents. Whether he's the right leader or the wrong leader is irrelevant, he's the member's choice.

So are you telling me Corbyn as party leader wields so little power and influence that he could not do more to expose and remove bullies, abusers, misogynists and anti-semites from both Momentum and the party that he represents?  don't make me laugh please.

As for the Mao / Messiah thing, JC is the head of a cult, he seems to enjoy fanatical quasi-religious devotion from his followers in the way that (for example) Mao enjoyed so I don't see any contradiction there, and it strikes me as both sinister and a little worrying.  You can buy Mao T-shirts, and you can buy Jeremy Corbyn t-shirts, don't see many items of apparel featuring Theresa May or any previous party leaders for that matter. 

I rest my case  @)(++(*

By the way, how do you know whether or not rebel MPs are reflecting the views of their constituents or not?  Have you conducted surveys amongst the Labour supporters in these constituencies?

Alfie

« Reply #110 on: July 24, 2016, 02:11:05 PM »

I think you will find that it is more than "some" in this country who hate and fear the brand of left-wing politics that Jeremy Corbyn represents, which would explain why there hasn't been a far left PM for a very long time (if ever!)

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #111 on: July 24, 2016, 02:29:16 PM »
So where does Corbyn have support apart from his band of followers. ?

Whilst I agree with some of his policies, he has no chance of winning an election.

Neither of us know whether his support will grow or decline in the future, so I prefer to say I don't know if he can win a general election or not.

Result = happy posting.

stephen25000

« Reply #112 on: July 24, 2016, 02:42:36 PM »
Neither of us know whether his support will grow or decline in the future, so I prefer to say I don't know if he can win a general election or not.

So apart from the core cultists,  where is his support  ?

I said the other day a claim by Corbyn,  that Mori had put Labour on 38%.

Mori had the Cons on that value , which then rose to 40 %.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #113 on: July 24, 2016, 02:51:33 PM »
So are you telling me Corbyn as party leader wields so little power and influence that he could not do more to expose and remove bullies, abusers, misogynists and anti-semites from both Momentum and the party that he represents?  don't make me laugh please.

As for the Mao / Messiah thing, JC is the head of a cult, he seems to enjoy fanatical quasi-religious devotion from his followers in the way that (for example) Mao enjoyed so I don't see any contradiction there, and it strikes me as both sinister and a little worrying.  You can buy Mao T-shirts, and you can buy Jeremy Corbyn t-shirts, don't see many items of apparel featuring Theresa May or any previous party leaders for that matter. 

I rest my case  @)(++(*

By the way, how do you know whether or not rebel MPs are reflecting the views of their constituents or not?  Have you conducted surveys amongst the Labour supporters in these constituencies?

Oh dear. It sounds to me like you are falling for the propaganda hook. line and sinker. It isn't the first time campaigns against those on the left have been waged of course. Tony Benn also scared the establishment;

Benn's biographer, David Powell, described the campaign against Benn as "venomous" and quoted the Labour MP and Benn supporter, Michael Meacher, as saying:

"There was never less than a half-page of vitriol in the press every day, and the source was the right wing of the Labour party."

the Sun ran a feature headlined "Benn on the couch: a top psychiatrist's view of Britain's leading leftie". It claimed he was "a Messiah figure hiding behind the mask of the common man … greedy for power and willing to do anything to get it."
https://www.theguardian.com/media/greenslade/2014/mar/14/tony-benn-national-newspapers

I think people are less likely to fall for such rubbish these days.

Result = happy posting.

Alfie

« Reply #114 on: July 24, 2016, 03:33:57 PM »
Oh dear. It sounds to me like you are falling for the propaganda hook. line and sinker. It isn't the first time campaigns against those on the left have been waged of course. Tony Benn also scared the establishment;

Benn's biographer, David Powell, described the campaign against Benn as "venomous" and quoted the Labour MP and Benn supporter, Michael Meacher, as saying:

"There was never less than a half-page of vitriol in the press every day, and the source was the right wing of the Labour party."

the Sun ran a feature headlined "Benn on the couch: a top psychiatrist's view of Britain's leading leftie". It claimed he was "a Messiah figure hiding behind the mask of the common man … greedy for power and willing to do anything to get it."
https://www.theguardian.com/media/greenslade/2014/mar/14/tony-benn-national-newspapers

I think people are less likely to fall for such rubbish these days.
What propaganda do you think I have fallen for?  You obviously credit me with very little intelligence nor believe I have the ability to form an opinion based on the actions and words of the man himself, or of those of his acolytes.  Nor do you credit me with the ability to separate media hyperbole about the man from the facts - and there are enough facts to convince me that Jeremy is never, ever going to form a Labour government and to convince me that he is an incompetent labour leader, and not the brightest button in the box. 

Yes, yes, yes, we all know the media has it in for Jezbollah, in the same way they have (had) it in for Farage, Trump, Nick Griffin etc over the years - it doesn't mean that these latter individuals' views and actions are any less appalling than as portrayed in the media.  The media had a field day with Griffin a few years ago - were you standing up for him on internet forums when people were saying nasty things about him too? 

Perhaps it is you who has fallen for Jeremy's wizened, one-eyed Wilk, snaggle-toothed and be-whiskered charms and for his own "new brand of politics" propaganda?  it's a possibility isn't it...?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #115 on: July 24, 2016, 05:51:02 PM »

entryism ... the policy or practice of members of a particular political group joining an existing political party with the intention of changing its principles and policies, instead of forming a new party
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Entryist

Like Miliant of yesteryear ... Momentum is an entryist political organisation which is using the Labour party in an attempt to gain power.

If they are so certain that their policies make them electable ... why not be honest about it and form their own political party with Corbyn at their head and go for it?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #116 on: July 24, 2016, 05:58:26 PM »
Raymond Chandler was the master in the use of the simile. Where and how to use them. He never saw things in the light of "how many meaningless similes can I cram into a sentence". He was more erudite than that. I commend Chandlers works as worthy of a read to those posters who love their similes.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Alfie

« Reply #117 on: July 24, 2016, 06:00:54 PM »
Majority of Labour members want Jeremy to step down before the next election -

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/majority-labour-members-want-jeremy-8322439

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #118 on: July 24, 2016, 06:58:49 PM »
entryism ... the policy or practice of members of a particular political group joining an existing political party with the intention of changing its principles and policies, instead of forming a new party
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Entryist

Like Miliant of yesteryear ... Momentum is an entryist political organisation which is using the Labour party in an attempt to gain power.

If they are so certain that their policies make them electable ... why not be honest about it and form their own political party with Corbyn at their head and go for it?

Bloody hell I'd forgotten all that.
Bring back Degsy and Red Robbo. Didn't Degsy get his job roughly the way Alex Salmond got his ?
Personally I prefer Millie Tant    http://viz.co.uk/category/cartoons/strip-cartoons/millie-tant/
Some it seems would cast Jeremy Corbyn in the role of Sid the Sexist ...  @)(++(*
[just put "Sid the Sexist" in your search engine then take your pick of the offerings  8((()*/ ]

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #119 on: July 24, 2016, 07:01:20 PM »
Majority of Labour members want Jeremy to step down before the next election -

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/majority-labour-members-want-jeremy-8322439

They will have their opportunity to vote soon.