Author Topic: Is the Labour Party in danger of imploding?  (Read 91292 times)

stephen25000

Re: Is the Labour Party in danger of imploding?
« Reply #315 on: August 25, 2016, 01:34:40 PM »
Perhaps you could pick out parts of the article that you felt were incorrect and say why?

The article seems more than a fair reflection of what happened.

Corbyn and his supporters  indignation simply doesn't wash.

Quite frankly he has come across as an out of touch pr#t.

If he really thinks nationalisation would solve the railways problems,  he is mistaken.

The old British Rail wasn't any better.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 02:41:34 PM by stephen25000 »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #316 on: August 25, 2016, 02:34:53 PM »
Perhaps you could pick out parts of the article that you felt were incorrect and say why?

I could, but I won't. I have contributed quite a few detailed posts on this thread which no-one has chosen to address. I see no point in analysing an article which is there for one reason only.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #317 on: August 25, 2016, 03:47:34 PM »
I could, but I won't. I have contributed quite a few detailed posts on this thread which no-one has chosen to address. I see no point in analysing an article which is there for one reason only.

11am train to Newcastle 'rammed'?  Not a chance. 

Corbyn, camera and a photo opportunity.  He seems to have forgotten that Virgin trains have cctv.  Just another wannabe politician who has tried to use the media and come unstuck.  Nothing more, nothing less.

stephen25000

« Reply #318 on: August 25, 2016, 04:49:08 PM »
11am train to Newcastle 'rammed'?  Not a chance. 

Corbyn, camera and a photo opportunity.  He seems to have forgotten that Virgin trains have cctv.  Just another wannabe politician who has tried to use the media and come unstuck.  Nothing more, nothing less.

I watched one of the people accompanying him on that train on Channel 4 news last night.

She basically implied Virgin trains were lying despite the videos.

Alfie

« Reply #319 on: August 25, 2016, 04:56:27 PM »
Is Corbyn above criticism in your view?  As a man who is seeling himself as above spin and deception in politics should commentators not investigate him when he appears to be being less than candid, as per the train shenanigans?  Has he ever put a foot wrong in your view, or is he practically perfect in every way as far as you're concerned?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #320 on: August 25, 2016, 05:42:47 PM »
I watched one of the people accompanying him on that train on Channel 4 news last night.

She basically implied Virgin trains were lying despite the videos.

According to the Data Protection Act most businesses use CCTV for the purpose of security and the prevention and detection of crime.

As far as I can see there's no justification for publicly sharing images of passengers on trains in order to defend the company's good name.

Corbyn apart, those images could have included shots of people who were supposed to be elsewhere or who were accompanied by someone they didn't want to be seen with.

The matter is being investigated. I believe.
Result = happy posting.

stephen25000

« Reply #321 on: August 25, 2016, 08:11:12 PM »
According to the Data Protection Act most businesses use CCTV for the purpose of security and the prevention and detection of crime.

As far as I can see there's no justification for publicly sharing images of passengers on trains in order to defend the company's good name.

Corbyn apart, those images could have included shots of people who were supposed to be elsewhere or who were accompanied by someone they didn't want to be seen with.

The matter is being investigated. I believe.

Corbyn did not tell the truth, and tried to use the train journey to further his political agenda.

The other faces in the videos have been blanked out, so what is the problem ?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #322 on: August 25, 2016, 09:19:45 PM »
Corbyn did not tell the truth, and tried to use the train journey to further his political agenda.

The other faces in the videos have been blanked out, so what is the problem ?

There's one man sitting down in coach H I would recognise if he was a relative.
Result = happy posting.

stephen25000

« Reply #323 on: August 25, 2016, 09:30:07 PM »

Supposition.

Also, so what.  8**8:/:

Offline John

« Reply #324 on: August 26, 2016, 02:10:33 AM »
So let's imagine that in some  parallel universe Corbyn is elected PM.  How is he going to travel around the country?  Squatting by the toilets on an Inter-city train until he's nationalized the railways and then everyone gets their own seat, or what?  Will this hugely principled and selfless man eschew all the trappings of comfort and protecting enjoyed by a PM so that no one poorer than him goes without, of has to suffer on his account?

Well that'it basically, Corbyn has no style, no flair and no Statesman qualities whatsoever.  On the other hand take Theresa May, will we ever see her sitting on her ass on a train floor?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Alfie

« Reply #325 on: August 26, 2016, 02:12:50 AM »
If Corbyn had lied about my business being substandard to make a public political point and I had evidence that he was lying I would use it to expose the lie, wouldn't you?  Or do you think politicians should be allowed to get away with their lies and spin at the expense of others?

Alfie

« Reply #326 on: August 26, 2016, 02:16:15 AM »
Well that'it basically, Corbyn has no style, no flair and no Statesman qualities whatsoever.  On the other hand take Theresa May, will we ever see her sitting on her ass on a train floor?
When Jeremy is elected PM in the parallel universe he will probably ride an ass to the House of Commons on his first day, surrounded by disciples wafting palm leaves as he passes. @)(++(*

Offline John

« Reply #327 on: August 26, 2016, 02:17:26 AM »
Come the general election there will be two main parties to choose from.
If you don't like Corbyn or his policies then don't vote or vote for the other party.

By then I reckon there will be three main parties, the Tories, Corbyn's Labour and some new entity representing the anti Corbyn faction possibly led by Smith.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline John

« Reply #328 on: August 26, 2016, 02:25:58 AM »
When Jeremy is elected PM in the parallel universe he will probably ride an ass to the House of Commons on his first day, surrounded by disciples wafting palm leaves as he passes. @)(++(*

« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 02:31:38 AM by John »

Offline John

« Reply #329 on: August 26, 2016, 02:31:05 AM »
According to Virgin, some passengers were offered upgrades to first class in order to free up seats in economy.  Maybe Jez was annoyed at not being one of them?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 07:32:31 PM by John »