Author Topic: Is the Labour Party in danger of imploding?  (Read 91287 times)

stephen25000

Re: Is the Labour Party in danger of imploding?
« Reply #420 on: September 26, 2016, 10:42:52 AM »
Has he?

Look at was announced last week, and the agenda of 'momentum'.

The latter, a party within a party.

Alfie

« Reply #421 on: September 26, 2016, 06:25:17 PM »
Where does Labour stand on Trident's renewal, does anyone know...?  Jeremy is, as we all know, opposed but Clive Lewis the Shadow Defence secretary said today that Labour would give the go-ahead to the scheme.  How can the Leader of the party preside over something that he is dead set against, can someone please explain?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #422 on: September 26, 2016, 09:04:37 PM »
Where does Labour stand on Trident's renewal, does anyone know...?  Jeremy is, as we all know, opposed but Clive Lewis the Shadow Defence secretary said today that Labour would give the go-ahead to the scheme.  How can the Leader of the party preside over something that he is dead set against, can someone please explain?

I'm sure all will be revealed now that he is actually being allowed to speak. I believe he will be choosing his shadow cabinet shortly from those who are volunteering. They will then, hopefully, settle down and plan their way forward. Patience!
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Alfie

« Reply #423 on: September 26, 2016, 11:19:31 PM »
Having just watched John McDonnell on Newsnight I think your grounds for optimism might be somewhat misplaced.  After a year in charge of  the leaders of the party don't seem to have come up with a single coherent policy as far as the economy, immigration/Brexit or defence is concerned.  A more evasive set of answers to Evan Davis's questions you'd be hard pressed to find. 

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #424 on: September 26, 2016, 11:26:56 PM »

I have just seen Ed Balls say much the same thing on telly; nah! surely not? it can't be ? .................... &%+((£
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Alfie

« Reply #425 on: September 26, 2016, 11:39:00 PM »
For anyone who missed it and wants a short precis of the the best worst bits...

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/09/watch-john-mcdonnells-disastrous-newsnight-interview/

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #426 on: September 27, 2016, 11:56:54 AM »
For anyone who missed it and wants a short precis of the the best worst bits...

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/09/watch-john-mcdonnells-disastrous-newsnight-interview/

One can only ever speak for oneself:
Had I been interested I would have watched it. I don't need some self appointed nanny to help.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Alfie

« Reply #427 on: September 27, 2016, 03:39:43 PM »
Vote Labour and get a second Brexit referendum!  That's going to play well to the 1/3rd of Labour voters who voted Leave, and the 52% of the country who thought that Brexit meant Brexit.  Vote winner?

Alfie

« Reply #428 on: September 27, 2016, 06:23:09 PM »
At the World Transformed fringe, organised by Momentum, there are mugs for sale with the slogan “Tories are Lower than Vermin”.

Substitute the word 'Jews' for 'Tories' and it could be a slogan straight out of Mein Kampf. 

Godwin's Law, yes I know, blah blah blah.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #429 on: September 28, 2016, 03:16:54 PM »
Jeremy Corby speaking at conference in Liverpool talks the talk but impresses nobody outside of his ardent admirers.  He epitomises the difference between a well intentioned good man and a great leader.  He certainly isn't the latter!!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 03:24:14 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

stephen25000

« Reply #430 on: September 28, 2016, 08:03:00 PM »
Well there were plenty of ideas, or should I say soundbites.

Though quite how he believes that Labour could form the next Government  seems more like fantasy.

Offline John

« Reply #431 on: September 28, 2016, 08:11:24 PM »
Well there were plenty of ideas, or should I say soundbites.

Though quite how he believes that Labour could form the next Government  seems more like fantasy.

Jeremy Corbyn could never be the Prime Minister of the UK with his past associations, his anti nuclear stance and his policy on immigrants. The sooner he hands over to someone with across the board appeal the better. Until that time Labour will continue to be a non entity.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

stephen25000

« Reply #432 on: September 29, 2016, 09:34:51 AM »
Jeremy Corbyn could never be the Prime Minister of the UK with his past associations, his anti nuclear stance and his policy on immigrants. The sooner he hands over to someone with across the board appeal the better. Until that time Labour will continue to be a non entity.

Labour will not win an election under him, regardless of the delusion that he thinks he can, as he said yesterday.

As to his 'new politics', who is he trying to kid.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #433 on: September 29, 2016, 10:58:59 AM »
Labour will not win an election under him, regardless of the delusion that he thinks he can, as he said yesterday.

As to his 'new politics', who is he trying to kid.

Jeremy Corbyn is the Tories dream vote winner.  As long as he is leader of the Labour Party the Conservatives have nothing to worry about.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

stephen25000

« Reply #434 on: September 29, 2016, 12:10:38 PM »
Jeremy Corbyn is the Tories dream vote winner.  As long as he is leader of the Labour Party the Conservatives have nothing to worry about.

He is wound up in Marxist theory.

Unfortunately, he forgets human nature.

People will vote for what they consider will benefit them, and not some pie in the sky ideals which have not been costed, and it seems depend on more borrowing.