Author Topic: Parliament attempts to block a 'No Deal Brexit'.  (Read 8455 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Parliament attempts to block a 'No Deal Brexit'.
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2019, 11:31:35 PM »
Tory Party surges ahead of Labour as brexiteers get behind Boris.
A measure of the complete and utter uselessness of Labour under Corbyn. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline misty

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2019, 12:01:59 AM »
It appears that matters are going from bad to worse now.  Boris says that he would rather be found dead in a ditch than ask for another extension while ousted Tory Dominic Grieve threatens Boris will be imprisoned if he ignores the new anti 'No-Deal-Brexit' Bill after it receives the Queen's assent on Monday.

The Queen has already permitted Boris to prorogue Parliament. Is it possible she will also withhold assent to legislation of Benn's No Deal Brexit Bill. given the failures of Parliament?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2019, 06:42:30 AM »
Did anyone watch the BBC2 programme about the Rise Of The Nazis and how Hitler managed to come to power ?  I have to say it was rather prescient, Godwin’s Law notwithstanding.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2019, 08:46:58 AM »
The Queen has already permitted Boris to prorogue Parliament. Is it possible she will also withhold assent to legislation of Benn's No Deal Brexit Bill. given the failures of Parliament?

It is an interesting situation for a constitutional monarch to have been placed in for which I doubt there is anything approaching precedent in her long reign.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2019, 09:25:47 AM »

Royal assent is the final step required for a parliamentary bill to become law. ... the sovereign may delay the bill's assent through the use of his or her reserve powers, thereby vetoing the bill. the sovereign may refuse royal assent on the advice of his or her ministers.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_assent
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline John

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2019, 10:24:31 AM »

I was just wondering that too misty, Boris is in too deep now to accept failure.  I have a feeling the country will see news lows from certain MPs before this fiasco ends.

It says much for our so-called democracy when minority parties can usurp the Prime Minister and elected government by sheer numbers but refuse to partake in elections.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 10:28:47 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2019, 11:02:34 AM »
I was just wondering that too misty, Boris is in too deep now to accept failure.  I have a feeling the country will see news lows from certain MPs before this fiasco ends.

It says much for our so-called democracy when minority parties can usurp the Prime Minister and elected government by sheer numbers but refuse to partake in elections.

The Queen can withhold Royal Assent if her ministers advise it. Whether she can grant it if they advise against it isn't clear. I wonder what their advice will be on this no deal bill? The last time it was withheld was in 1708, but if the Speaker can turn to the distant past for prescedents so can the government.

Our democracy is in tatters and I'm amazed that our self-centred blinkered MP's can't seem to understand the damage they've done to the country they claim to hold dear. Many of them are clinging to our system; representative democracy to excuse their actions, but they're ignoring the meaning of the word, which is 'rule by the people'.

The Brexit referendum may not have been legally binding but the government asked a specific question of the people and got an answer.

Result = happy posting.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2019, 12:41:27 PM »
The Queen can withhold Royal Assent if her ministers advise it. Whether she can grant it if they advise against it isn't clear. I wonder what their advice will be on this no deal bill? The last time it was withheld was in 1708, but if the Speaker can turn to the distant past for prescedents so can the government.

Our democracy is in tatters and I'm amazed that our self-centred blinkered MP's can't seem to understand the damage they've done to the country they claim to hold dear. Many of them are clinging to our system; representative democracy to excuse their actions, but they're ignoring the meaning of the word, which is 'rule by the people'.

The Brexit referendum may not have been legally binding but the government asked a specific question of the people and got an answer.

Anyone who ever believed politicians got into the game "political arena" to do good in the communities/ world stage, on behalf of their voters, have been seriously deluding themselves!

As the evidence has shown, in recent decades at least these are carreer people who employ family  and other hangers on in their own little bubble use the public purse to advance their homes and lifstyle and weild power to suit their own agenda. Me my family and I is their subliminal motto. A coat of arms with a hand grabbing money from a starving child would not be inappropriate at all.

Lst week such a careeer politician came to my door with the usual cr'p. I asked two questions- no reply.

1.  if we get independance will it be a no deal and what if The English take the lead and close the border? How would we shift our wares to the EU is we get allowed to get in after brexit.
2. climate change- how much would we save on on air fares- EU salaries, and emmiissons due to travel to meetings by EURO MPs.

reply... But. yes as you say we are not there yet.
I asked for the questions to be answered
 reply. ofcourse we al have concerns about these things.. Climate change people are dying.

I asked how many poeple have died from climate change and over what period this has taken place

reply. I don't have exact numbers but scientist say... I cut her off by asking what scientist and what credentails they had

Silence, offered me a leaflet and walked away! I was laughing so loud.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2019, 01:42:18 PM »
Royal assent is the final step required for a parliamentary bill to become law. ... the sovereign may delay the bill's assent through the use of his or her reserve powers, thereby vetoing the bill. the sovereign may refuse royal assent on the advice of his or her ministers.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_assent

Well her PM was with her for dinner on Friday evening. I wonder what they talked about?
Result = happy posting.

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2019, 10:08:30 PM »
Well her PM was with her for dinner on Friday evening. I wonder what they talked about?

The Queen is  viewed as an ordinary EU citizen like the rest of us mere mortals. Only Queen of UK and commonwealth.

They may have talked about the price of French beef being heavily subsidised by us and the Germans. Or Megan and Harry... Mind you, if he goes to Prison the queen can 'pardon' him - maybe they were chatting about that. :)

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2019, 07:24:14 AM »
The Queen is  viewed as an ordinary EU citizen like the rest of us mere mortals. Only Queen of UK and commonwealth.

They may have talked about the price of French beef being heavily subsidised by us and the Germans. Or Megan and Harry... Mind you, if he goes to Prison the queen can 'pardon' him - maybe they were chatting about that. :)

Or about the possibility of her withholding Royal Consent for the 'no deal' Bill. If she did that he's off the hook.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Admin

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2019, 11:30:45 AM »
10 Downing Street say that the PM Boris Johnson will sabotage any request to the EU for an extension and will leave on 31st October if no deal is reached.

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2019, 01:20:55 PM »
10 Downing Street say that the PM Boris Johnson will sabotage any request to the EU for an extension and will leave on 31st October if no deal is reached.

The problem is: we are getting hysteria from the back benches, the remoaners media which hunt, we are not being told what is going on in the back ground. Bojo may well have a good reason for holding firm. maybe some partners want to continue to buy and sell wares with UK after no deal brexit. HE may even be sure that the EU members holding back are calling a bluff...

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2019, 03:22:50 PM »
It looks like the million to one chance of it ever happening was simply a bare-faced Boris lie, unless of course he is busy negotiating a fsb new deal with the EU that no one knows anything about yet.  What are the chances...?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2019, 06:40:31 PM »
Another one bites the dust; Bercow's stepping down now. Will there be anyone to vote for if we ever have a general election, I wonder.
Result = happy posting.