Author Topic: Does havng friends in high places have any bearing on Operation Grange?  (Read 5991 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

If even Esther McVey fears her credibility will be tarnished by her association with the fund then there’s a problem.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/jan/16/esther-mcvey-work-pensions-secretary-insult-disabled-people
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jul/05/esther-mcvey-lies-work-pensions-universal-credit
It would be helpful if you would provide a cite for Esther McVey fearing her reputation would be tarnished by association with the Fund, yours in anticipation.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 05:41:15 PM by Vertigo Swirl »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Alice Purjorick

I think McVey was referring to their legal defense costs as it was back in Jan 08.

Legal costs funding

The trustees of Madeleine's Fund announced in September that the fund would not be used to pay the McCanns' legal costs.[50] Initially, the McCanns considered setting up a separate appeal fund for legal expenses.[51] However, Richard Branson created a fund for the McCann's legal expenses, including those of their current advisor, Michael Caplan QC, a solicitor and partner in the London firm of Kingsley Napley.[52] Stephen Winyard came out in December as having contributed £100,000 to the McCanns' defence fund, which paid for DNA tests carried out on the Renault Scénic hire car used by the McCanns.[53] He also revealed Brian Kennedy as another donor.[53]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reactions_to_the_disappearance_of_Madeleine_McCann#Legal_costs_funding

An interesting choice of words.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline jassi

It would be helpful if you would provide a cite for Esther McVey fearing her reputation would be tarnished by association with the Fund, yours in anticipation.

Personally I don't see that it would be particularly helpful at all.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

Personally I don't see that it would be particularly helpful at all.
Cites for statements written as facts are always required, therefore not only helpful but mandatory.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Robittybob1

If even Esther McVey fears her credibility will be tarnished by her association with the fund then there’s a problem.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/jan/16/esther-mcvey-work-pensions-secretary-insult-disabled-people
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jul/05/esther-mcvey-lies-work-pensions-universal-credit
As asked for by VS "It would be helpful if you would provide a cite for Esther McVey fearing her reputation would be tarnished by association with the Fund, yours in anticipation."
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

I see Ester McVey  has just had to say sorry for being somewhat economical with the truth and to parliament no less. 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jul/05/esther-mcvey-refuses-to-widen-apology-over-claim-she-misled-mps

I am not even shocked at this. This expected behaviour from the good and great among us is all to common.

misleading eh?  well expert or what.  I think it would be fair to say she is not well liked at all by many in her party and beyond. May is desperate.

The McCanns have managed to keep themselves out of the public eye this past while (which is great) is this because they no longer need the public love and support to find Maddie? Or is it because more and more people were asking 'awkward' questions?
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline faithlilly

I am not even shocked at this. This expected behaviour from the good and great among us is all to common.

misleading eh?  well expert or what.  I think it would be fair to say she is not well liked at all by many in her party and beyond. May is desperate.

The McCanns have managed to keep themselves out of the public eye this past while (which is great) is this because they no longer need the public love and support to find Maddie? Or is it because more and more people were asking 'awkward' questions?

Of course not ! It’s because OG have asked them to  8)-)))
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Miss Taken Identity

Of course not ! It’s because OG have asked them to  8)-)))

Ahhhh right....But Didn't the PJ ask them also,way back in the day?

aw nevermind lol Do you think the OG team have had pressure placed on them by anyone, namely the friends in high places?

I just wonder if EMcV can handle the questions about her robbing the disabled kitty to put into her friends 'investigation' kitty £ 11 million for Maddie  + nothing for some sick kids seeking benefits. Oh what a sensation that will be when More Money is requested.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline faithlilly

Ahhhh right....But Didn't the PJ ask them also,way back in the day?

aw nevermind lol Do you think the OG team have had pressure placed on them by anyone, namely the friends in high places?

I just wonder if EMcV can handle the questions about her robbing the disabled kitty to put into her friends 'investigation' kitty £ 11 million for Maddie  + nothing for some sick kids seeking benefits. Oh what a sensation that will be when More Money is requested.

Theresa May never did seem to be a huge fan of the McCanns and her tolerance I’m sure declined after, we are told, Cameron was threatened that unflattering stories about her would be put on the front of the Sun for a week if the review wasn’t granted. That she, via the HO, is still funding the investigation IMO bodes well for justice if not the McCanns.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Venturi Swirl

Theresa May never did seem to be a huge fan of the McCanns and her tolerance I’m sure declined after, we are told, Cameron was threatened that unflattering stories about her would be put on the front of the Sun for a week if the review wasn’t granted. That she, via the HO, is still funding the investigation IMO bodes well for justice if not the McCanns.
@)(++(* you do make me laugh.

Offline faithlilly

From Leveson.

12.52pm: Brooks says she did not take the McCann issue up with Downing Street.

Editor Dominic Mohan or Tom Newton-Dunn, the Sun's political editor, will have spoken to No 10 or the Home Office about reopening the Madeleine investigation after the Sun's campaign, she says.

Was there an ultimatum or threat to the home secretary?

"I'm pretty sure there will not have been a threat, but you will have to ask Dominic Mohan," she says.

Jay says he has been told that Brooks intervened personally with the prime minister and said the Sun would put Theresa May on the front page every day until the paper's demands were met.

Brooks says that is not true. "I did not say to the prime minister we would put Theresa May on the front page every day. If I'd had any conversations with No 10 directly they would not have been particularly about that," she adds.

12.55pm: Lord Justice Leveson intervenes. He asks whether Brooks was involved in a strategy to threaten No 10 in order to obtain a review of the Madeleine investigation.

"I was certainly part of a strategy to launch a campaign in order to get a review for the McCanns," Brooks says, disputing that it was a "threat".

Leveson: "Give me another word for it, would you?"

Brooks: "Persuade?"

Leveson appears unconvinced.

Can’t imagine Theresa May would be too impressed being ‘persuaded’ to fund a review she obviously had no intention of funding.

Offline Venturi Swirl

From Leveson.

12.52pm: Brooks says she did not take the McCann issue up with Downing Street.

Editor Dominic Mohan or Tom Newton-Dunn, the Sun's political editor, will have spoken to No 10 or the Home Office about reopening the Madeleine investigation after the Sun's campaign, she says.

Was there an ultimatum or threat to the home secretary?

"I'm pretty sure there will not have been a threat, but you will have to ask Dominic Mohan," she says.

Jay says he has been told that Brooks intervened personally with the prime minister and said the Sun would put Theresa May on the front page every day until the paper's demands were met.

Brooks says that is not true. "I did not say to the prime minister we would put Theresa May on the front page every day. If I'd had any conversations with No 10 directly they would not have been particularly about that," she adds.

12.55pm: Lord Justice Leveson intervenes. He asks whether Brooks was involved in a strategy to threaten No 10 in order to obtain a review of the Madeleine investigation.

"I was certainly part of a strategy to launch a campaign in order to get a review for the McCanns," Brooks says, disputing that it was a "threat".

Leveson: "Give me another word for it, would you?"

Brooks: "Persuade?"

Leveson appears unconvinced.

Can’t imagine Theresa May would be too impressed being ‘persuaded’ to fund a review she obviously had no intention of funding.
Is this your evidence that Theresa May is not a fan of the McCanns?