Author Topic: Moderation queries.  (Read 92464 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Moderation queries.
« Reply #135 on: June 01, 2019, 01:30:31 PM »
                          Takes two to tango 🤪

Then address your posts to both dancers.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline APRIL

« Reply #136 on: June 01, 2019, 02:21:39 PM »
Of course you weren't.

May I just say, as a complete newbie to this thread who knows nothing of possible machinations, agendas and internal politics, that I thought "your" word, vomplain, was both deliberate and brilliant. It's totally self explanatory. When we complain, we spew or vomit the words. I can't be the only one here who had that thought.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #137 on: June 01, 2019, 02:54:56 PM »

May I just say, as a complete newbie to this thread who knows nothing of possible machinations, agendas and internal politics, that I thought "your" word, vomplain, was both deliberate and brilliant. It's totally self explanatory. When we complain, we spew or vomit the words. I can't be the only one here who had that thought.

As you say, you have no knowledge of the background. All I know is that if a poster feels personally attacked by my posts I tend to apologise for any offence I have inadvetently caused and then explain. That usually satisfies the other party.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #138 on: June 01, 2019, 03:00:27 PM »

I think that you are all very unkind to Moderators.

I am off to Blog about a really nice afternoon.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #139 on: June 01, 2019, 04:30:13 PM »
I think that you are all very unkind to Moderators.

I am off to Blog about a really nice afternoon.

I think moderators are sometimes unkind too. Enjoy your blogging, I may take a nap.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #140 on: June 01, 2019, 04:39:13 PM »
I think moderators are sometimes unkind too. Enjoy your blogging, I may take a nap.

Thanks for that accolade.  Despite a not very good education there is absolutely nothing wrong with my command of The English Language, in my opinion.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #141 on: June 01, 2019, 05:11:08 PM »
Thanks for that accolade.  Despite a not very good education there is absolutely nothing wrong with my command of The English Language, in my opinion.

Your command of English is perfectly fine in my opinion for what that's worth.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #142 on: June 01, 2019, 05:20:49 PM »
Your command of English is perfectly fine in my opinion for what that's worth.

Gee, tanks.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #143 on: June 01, 2019, 05:45:20 PM »
As I have pointed out several times I have instigated none of it. Why have you chosen to address your post to me instead of to the one who is driving the exchanges?
You have made something out of a nothing throw away remark by me.  You are the one with the problem not me.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #144 on: June 01, 2019, 05:53:14 PM »
You have made something out of a nothing throw away remark by me.  You are the one with the problem not me.

You are off topic and I'm not in the mood to tango.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #145 on: June 01, 2019, 05:57:10 PM »
You are off topic and I'm not in the mood to tango.
I’m in the mood for dancing, romancing, I’m giving it all tonight...  (&^&
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #146 on: June 01, 2019, 06:36:56 PM »

Thank you April, my thoughts exactly. 

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #147 on: June 02, 2019, 07:23:39 AM »
I have a Mod query.  If you are asked to provide a cite, then provide a cite and are told scornfully that the cite you have provided is inadequate  but without the complainant making any attempt to provide any reasons why the cite is inadequate is that acceptable?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #148 on: June 02, 2019, 09:05:35 AM »
I have a Mod query.  If you are asked to provide a cite, then provide a cite and are told scornfully that the cite you have provided is inadequate  but without the complainant making any attempt to provide any reasons why the cite is inadequate is that acceptable?

In my opinion cites are caveat emptor; if there is a strong reason for objecting to one ... that should either be given or reported.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #149 on: June 03, 2019, 06:46:31 AM »
In my opinion cites are caveat emptor; if there is a strong reason for objecting to one ... that should either be given or reported.

There are two recent issues with that.

1) An instance in which a member did a copy and paste from my blog, then requested a cite from me.  Cites don't work like that.

2) An instance in which a member provided a link and claimed it as a cite.  Since the link in question did not pertain to the debate, there was no point in getting bogged down in its veracity.

Cites are not weapons of debate.  They are either pertinent or they are not.  There is no forum rule that non-pertinent cites have to be accepted or debated.
What's up, old man?