Author Topic: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)  (Read 398786 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)
« Reply #3585 on: September 27, 2018, 12:47:12 PM »
Well let's see if further funding is granted.  This investigative charade must end some time.

I don't think it's a charade at all...

Offline jassi

« Reply #3586 on: September 27, 2018, 12:51:46 PM »
Well let's see if further funding is granted.  This investigative charade must end some time.

Well you would think so, but it has gone on for a good number of years without any meaningful outcome, so logically it could continue indefinitely.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #3587 on: September 27, 2018, 02:50:47 PM »
As they wouldn't need 6 months to box anything up that leaves explore leads

Who said anything about six months?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3588 on: September 28, 2018, 10:55:50 AM »
Who said anything about six months?

Six months seems to have been the norm. Interestingly though not this time it seems.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Sunny

« Reply #3589 on: September 28, 2018, 12:53:57 PM »
Six months seems to have been the norm. Interestingly though not this time it seems.

I believe that after so many years, and so many £millions spent it is time for the Yard to either give information on what our money is being spent on or pack it in.

It has gone on enough without any evidence that they are getting anywhere. Just my opinion but as resources are scarce and other crimes are not being adequately investigated it is time to say enough is enough.

No need to provide a cite on this one but here are two examples.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/knife-crime-young-people-unsolved-stabbings-soar-police-figures-a8410491.html
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/oct/16/low-level-crimes-to-go-uninvestigated-in-met-police-spending-cuts
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #3590 on: September 28, 2018, 02:41:00 PM »

Indeed not. Another poster must have been thinking "box it up" meant putting it in cardboard boxes  @)(++(*
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3591 on: September 28, 2018, 04:41:12 PM »
LOL ... Erngath fame at last!!!

Although if you deigned to reply ... I think you might very well be spoilt for choice as far as semi-literacy and ignorance is concerned.

I rather tend to go for "mean spirited" for starters.  Good of Sherlock to advertise the forum though.

Snip
sherlock holmes 29 minutes ago
Which of the semi-literate and ignorant posts  do you find most unintentionally hilarious on here then Erngath?

What do you think of the full public enquiry when the case is shelved idea? A semi illiterate one is it?The comments on here aren't anymore depressing than some of those posted on the UK Justice Forum.Remember that the next time you talk about spite.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7367714/madeleine-mccann-missing-case-must-be-solved-met-police-detective/
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Erngath

« Reply #3592 on: September 28, 2018, 06:38:43 PM »
LOL ... Erngath fame at last!!!

Although if you deigned to reply ... I think you might very well be spoilt for choice as far as semi-literacy and ignorance is concerned.

I rather tend to go for "mean spirited" for starters.  Good of Sherlock to advertise the forum though.

Snip
sherlock holmes 29 minutes ago
Which of the semi-literate and ignorant posts  do you find most unintentionally hilarious on here then Erngath?

What do you think of the full public enquiry when the case is shelved idea? A semi illiterate one is it?The comments on here aren't anymore depressing than some of those posted on the UK Justice Forum.Remember that the next time you talk about spite.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7367714/madeleine-mccann-missing-case-must-be-solved-met-police-detective/

My "fame" is thanks to Jassi who did provide the link and did mention the comments.

Wouldn't my old English teacher be pleased, mentioned in a comment in the Sun.?
I will not be revisiting the comments .
Once was quite enough! @)(++(*
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 06:44:37 PM by Erngath »
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3593 on: September 28, 2018, 07:17:57 PM »
My "fame" is thanks to Jassi who did provide the link and did mention the comments.

Wouldn't my old English teacher be pleased, mentioned in a comment in the Sun.?
I will not be revisiting the comments .
Once was quite enough! @)(++(*

Normally I don't bother ... same old, same old comments and commentators ... so predictable and tiresome.  I found that one though was a hoot as I visualised the amount of head scratching it would generate.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3594 on: September 28, 2018, 07:28:03 PM »

Is this a good time to say, "No Shit, Sherlock?"

Offline faithlilly

Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3596 on: September 29, 2018, 08:21:23 PM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45694119

Plenty about his feelings, but nothing about his or anyone else's mental health.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline sadie

« Reply #3598 on: September 29, 2018, 10:57:01 PM »

Indeed; which work could be a variety of things.
Including but not limited to.
New leads to follow
Box it up then consign to archive having hit the buffers.
Box it up and pass to CPS for action in UK
Box it up and pass to CPS to pass to Portuguese Ministry of Justice for action in Portugal.

Faites vos jeux.
I fancy the first and the last

1)  New leads to folllow, or maybe further evidence to obtain
2)  Box it up and pass to CPS to pass to Portuguese Ministry of Justice for action in Portugal.

With Elites and mega Organisations which appear extraordinarily good to the eye, it will take a lot of evidence to prosecute

.... and as you know, I think that Elites (untouchables) and mega 'sweet smelling' Organisations (also untouchables?) are involved.  I believe that they have deliberately developed a well publicized 'whiter than white' image whilst carry on nefarious money making schemes behind the scenes, such as trafficking

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #3599 on: September 29, 2018, 11:40:41 PM »
I fancy the first and the last

1)  New leads to folllow, or maybe further evidence to obtain
2)  Box it up and pass to CPS to pass to Portuguese Ministry of Justice for action in Portugal.

With Elites and mega Organisations which appear extraordinarily good to the eye, it will take a lot of evidence to prosecute

.... and as you know, I think that Elites (untouchables) and mega 'sweet smelling' Organisations (also untouchables?) are involved.  I believe that they have deliberately developed a well publicized 'whiter than white' image whilst carry on nefarious money making schemes behind the scenes, such as trafficking

You would have thought Elites and Mega Organisations would have enough money without resorting to kidnapping. Not exactly the most lucrative pastime, especially if you don’t send a ransom note.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.