Author Topic: Why Would Sheila Have Used a Gun When She Didn’t Know How to Work One?  (Read 18331 times)

Offline Caroline

Good question. I don't know. He was thinking on his feet, so maybe he thought that chaos was OK at this point.
But the whole 'movement' in the window stuff wasn't going to do his narrative any harm.

Pity he didn't think about mentioning such an important occurrence when he made his statement or when being interviewed.

Offline ISpyWithMyEye

Well, it would have been foremost in this mind. He also has his father saying "Sheila has gone crazy, she's got THE gun" as opposed to A gun.

We all know Nevill rang Jeremy

But had he, he’d have said: “Sheila’s got hold of the Anschutz”
Seeking Justice for June & Nevill Bamber, Sheila Caffell & her two six-year-old twin boys who were shot dead in their heads by Psychopath, JEREMY BAMBER who must NEVER be released.

Offline ISpyWithMyEye

I think it is much more likely that Bamber invented loading the gun in front of Sheila to preempt the question of how she might know how to load and operate the newest and most complicated gun in the house.

Otherwise, I stand by my previous post, the point of which is that the totality of evidence points to Bamber and in a straight line. Aspects of the case can be taken in isolation to support the theory that Sheila could have been responsible but they never join up with the other evidence (or lack of it) and the most unlikely explanation and scenario has to be chosen at every turn.

Your original post in this thread posits the question of why isn't it more likely she picked up a knife than the gun and I would say that's 50-50 on the arguments here, but add in the fact that the silencer had to be searched for and attached and the odds of Sheila picking up the gun at all fall considerably. Add the lack of evidence for Sheila being anywhere but upstairs and the brutality of the attack on NB which suggests a 6' man and the odds of Sheila being responsible become almost zero. Add the blood in the silencer and JMs evidence and it's case closed as far as I'm concerned.

Absolutely spot on, CC!

Who can argue with that?!
Seeking Justice for June & Nevill Bamber, Sheila Caffell & her two six-year-old twin boys who were shot dead in their heads by Psychopath, JEREMY BAMBER who must NEVER be released.

Offline Common sense

Pity he didn't think about mentioning such an important occurrence when he made his statement or when being interviewed.

There is a passage in CAL that struck me as odd, recounting his shock at the verdict and no doubt regretting his "that's for you to prove" remark, Bamber says he should have acted differently but that he thought "all you had to do was be innocent"

There was no mention of disbelief or shock and horror upon being arrested, the months on remand didn't ring any alarm bells. Sitting in the dock didn't turn a lightbulb on. None of this apparently provided a jolt to his system. 

Think about that, your family are all killed and you are wrongly accused of it. Arrested, held on remand and then starring in one of the biggest murder trials of the decade. Would anyone with half a brain think that just being innocent was enough? 

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
There is a passage in CAL that struck me as odd, recounting his shock at the verdict and no doubt regretting his "that's for you to prove" remark, Bamber says he should have acted differently but that he thought "all you had to do was be innocent"

There was no mention of disbelief or shock and horror upon being arrested, the months on remand didn't ring any alarm bells. Sitting in the dock didn't turn a lightbulb on. None of this apparently provided a jolt to his system. 

Think about that, your family are all killed and you are wrongly accused of it. Arrested, held on remand and then starring in one of the biggest murder trials of the decade. Would anyone with half a brain think that just being innocent was enough?

Well, I wouldn't---but then I have read far too much true crime stuff!

But, yes, actually, I can imagine an innocent person thinking he or she had nothing to worry about, because the truth would come out during the trial.

Offline Caroline

Well, I wouldn't---but then I have read far too much true crime stuff!

But, yes, actually, I can imagine an innocent person thinking he or she had nothing to worry about, because the truth would come out during the trial.

It did.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
It did.

Well, let's hope so, otherwise an innocent man has been in prison for 35 years, with next to no chance of release (IMO) !!!

Offline Caroline

Well, let's hope so, otherwise an innocent man has been in prison for 35 years, with next to no chance of release (IMO) !!!

No need to worry.

Offline ISpyWithMyEye

That’s such an interesting point, CS:

“Jeremy said he should have ACTED differently”

He slipped up there, didn’t he? He ACTED at the funerals (badly, IMO), and once arrested decided to act indifferent, thinking he’d look innocent. Being a psychopath he doesn’t know HOW normal people react in certain circumstances.

Anyone arrested for such a HORRIFIC offence would be in total shock, disbelief, incredulous, possibly angry screaming they’re innocent, and also nervous and fearful that such a horrendous mistake was being made.

Not Jeremy.

In every single photograph of him being led away in handcuffs he’s calm and smiling at the cameras. And a minority say that isn’t psychopathic?😳

Offline Common sense

That’s such an interesting point, CS:

“Jeremy said he should have ACTED differently”

He slipped up there, didn’t he? He ACTED at the funerals (badly, IMO), and once arrested decided to act indifferent, thinking he’d look innocent. Being a psychopath he doesn’t know HOW normal people react in certain circumstances.

Anyone arrested for such a HORRIFIC offence would be in total shock, disbelief, incredulous, possibly angry screaming they’re innocent, and also nervous and fearful that such a horrendous mistake was being made.

Not Jeremy.

In every single photograph of him being led away in handcuffs he’s calm and smiling at the cameras. And a minority say that isn’t psychopathic?😳

Spot on Ispy. He was months in prison on remand for something he claims he didn't do.He had numerous meetings with his legal team and saw the evidence mounting up against him. An innocent man would have been bewildered and terrified. Any innocent man that ends up in court will already feel that the justice system has failed and could not have any confidence that it would correct it's mistake.   

The actual quote is from page 376 CAL and refers to JB waiting for the verdict:

" Jeremy's lawyer Edmund Lawson recalled that in the cells underneath the court, his client appeared 'disconcertingly composed' and talked 'somewhat unattractively about how much money he would make from selling his story to Fleet Street'. Jeremy admits regretting his behaviour: 'Looking back, I wouldn't have acted in the way I did. I thought all you had to do was be innocent. It wasn't until it was too late that I found out that wasn't the case."

Offline ISpyWithMyEye

Spot on Ispy. He was months in prison on remand for something he claims he didn't do.He had numerous meetings with his legal team and saw the evidence mounting up against him. An innocent man would have been bewildered and terrified. Any innocent man that ends up in court will already feel that the justice system has failed and could not have any confidence that it would correct it's mistake.   

The actual quote is from page 376 CAL and refers to JB waiting for the verdict:

" Jeremy's lawyer Edmund Lawson recalled that in the cells underneath the court, his client appeared 'disconcertingly composed' and talked 'somewhat unattractively about how much money he would make from selling his story to Fleet Street'. Jeremy admits regretting his behaviour: 'Looking back, I wouldn't have acted in the way I did. I thought all you had to do was be innocent. It wasn't until it was too late that I found out that wasn't the case."

Good grief, that last paragraph of Jeremy’s REALLY gave him away!

“Looking back, I wouldn’t have ACTED in the way I did”

Since when did a defendant “act”?

His mask slipped in court too...he just couldn’t resist trying to be clever by saying “That’s what you’ve got to prove”.  He thought he’d look smart, but all it did was show how arrogant he is. And never would an innocent man speak or behave in that way. They’d be pleading, weeping, terrified...and absolutely desperate to prove their innocence! He never did any of that. He was a calm, cold psychopath just staring ahead.