Author Topic: Siôn Jenkins completes research degree in law  (Read 17402 times)

Offline John

Siôn Jenkins completes research degree in law
« on: July 21, 2012, 08:21:15 PM »
Man who cleared his name finishes degree at University of Portsmouth.

A MAN who was acquitted of murder has graduated from the University of Portsmouth with a research degree in law.

Sion Jenkins, who now lives in Southsea, completed a programme of research in From Victimisation to Mobilisation: The Dynamics of Campaigning Against Miscarriage of Justice.

The former headmaster spent six years in jail before being released on appeal and eventually cleared of the murdering his foster daughter Billie-Jo.

Billie-Jo died aged 13 from head injuries inflicted by a metal tent peg on the patio of the Jenkins’ family home in Hastings in February 1997.

After a lengthy investigation Mr Jenkins was charged with Billie-Jo’s murder and jailed for life in 1998. He was released six years later pending a retrial.

Continually protesting his innocence, Mr Jenkins walked free after juries in his second and third trials failed to reach a verdict.

As part of his course he had to write a thesis exploring the flaws in the system leading to miscarriages of justice and suggest ways in which they can be eliminated.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/education/man-who-cleared-his-name-finishes-degree-at-university-of-portsmouth-1-4070674
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline starryian

Re: Siôn Jenkins completes research degree in law
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 01:22:11 PM »
I believe this man is guilty. It is one of those awful situations where you just can't shrug-off the belief that he murdered his step-daughter and got away with it. All the nonsense afterwards such as writing a book to say how 'innocent' he claims to be and how we 'must catch the real killer' smacks of the old Shakespearean adage
'He doth protesteth too much' Moreover, Jenkins seems to have developed a parasitic lifestyle after his release. Jenkins' new wife (a woman that wrote to him while he was incarcerated) has financed his law degree and lifestyle. According to one acquaintance: ‘She is the only one working. They moved to Southsea to free up some of the money from their property. She’s paying for everything. Since his acquittal in 2006 Jenkins has devoted his time to studying for an MSc in criminology, which he is now extending into a doctorate — something that may not have gone down well with some members of Tina’s extended family.
As one put it: ‘He is a kept man. And you have to ask, why he would allow his wife to work her fingers to the bone as a nurse while he spends years going off to ponce around in a library without so much as a shred of guilt?’
The police investigating the case remain absolutely convinced Jenkins murdered 14 year old Billie-Jo in a fit of rage. Even his ex-wife made some damaging accusations about his violent behaviour. She stated that Jenkins would have been perfectly capable of killing Billie-Jo.
Maybe with the scrapping of the double-jeopardy law, new evidence may come to light and poor Billie-Jo and her biologocal family may just yet have their day in court and receive the justice for their murdered young daughter that they are entitled to.

8((()*/
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 01:32:08 PM by starryian »
Starryian..

Offline buddy

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 09:50:57 PM »
I believe this man is guilty. It is one of those awful situations where you just can't shrug-off the belief that he murdered his step-daughter and got away with it. All the nonsense afterwards such as writing a book to say how 'innocent' he claims to be and how we 'must catch the real killer' smacks of the old Shakespearean adage
'He doth protesteth too much' Moreover, Jenkins seems to have developed a parasitic lifestyle after his release. Jenkins' new wife (a woman that wrote to him while he was incarcerated) has financed his law degree and lifestyle. According to one acquaintance: ‘She is the only one working. They moved to Southsea to free up some of the money from their property. She’s paying for everything. Since his acquittal in 2006 Jenkins has devoted his time to studying for an MSc in criminology, which he is now extending into a doctorate — something that may not have gone down well with some members of Tina’s extended family.
As one put it: ‘He is a kept man. And you have to ask, why he would allow his wife to work her fingers to the bone as a nurse while he spends years going off to ponce around in a library without so much as a shred of guilt?’
The police investigating the case remain absolutely convinced Jenkins murdered 14 year old Billie-Jo in a fit of rage. Even his ex-wife made some damaging accusations about his violent behaviour. She stated that Jenkins would have been perfectly capable of killing Billie-Jo.
I do agree that Jenkins looked suspect in the video. He must have known he he did not have the money to buy white spirits. I understand his children do not want to make contact with him.
I find it telling that he has not been able to get compensation for wrongful imprisonment.
Maybe with the scrapping of the double-jeopardy law, new evidence may come to light and poor Billie-Jo and her biologocal family may just yet have their day in court and receive the justice for their murdered young daughter that they are entitled to.

8((()*/

thedarkman

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 09:17:55 PM »
It's not quite true Jenkins was acquitted; the judge directed he be acquitted, which is not quite the same thing.

He's guilty anyway.

Offline John

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 09:49:33 PM »
It's not quite true Jenkins was acquitted; the judge directed he be acquitted, which is not quite the same thing.

He's guilty anyway.

He's certainly guilty of something according to his ex wife as evidenced by her behaviour following the murder but murder is another question...hmm  >@@(*&)   Three juries couldn't convict him Alexander so why do you believe him to be guilty?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline Matthew Wyse

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2012, 11:28:34 PM »
Lois Jenkins, 43, says her husband was a liar with a frighteningly controlling nature, who beat both her and their children. Mrs Jenkins was not allowed to reveal the truth about their home life when Sion stood trial for the murder of their stepdaughter Billie-Jo.  She later wrote an account which included.....

• Details of her ex-husband's rages, mood swings and obsessive, controlling nature;

• His physical attacks on her which began in the first years of their marriage;

• The corporal punishment and beatings with a stick he inflicted on their daughters;

• His devotion to an American religious book on parenting called Spare Not The Rod which argues that children should be beaten;

• His fury about a headmaster's job he wanted ... and the foul mood he was in the night before Billie-Jo was murdered;

Details of his alleged sexual encounter with a 17-year-old Billie-Jo lookalike were also withheld. Recalling the day Billie-Jo was murdered, Lois says: "Sion seemed strangely cold and distant. His eyes were as grey as slate with pinpoint pupils. He tried to hug me but it was icy and without feeling. In a funny way it was as if he wasn't there.

"He offered no comfort. I felt let down and also faintly embarrassed. I wondered if our friends had noticed his detachment. I can recall with clarity the look in his eyes as he told the children, 'Billie's dead'. It had no trace of emotion."

It was four days after the murder that Lois began to suspect her husband might be responsible. "I woke up in the middle of the night as he turned over in bed and it dawned on me it could have been him. I lay there terrified, thinking it must be him - and if it wasn't him, at least it could have been him."

From the first years of their marriage Lois reveals that Sion was a liar who exhibited a frighteningly controlling nature and violent temper.

And in the weeks leading up to the attack she admits: "I felt nervous in my own home and feared for my safety. He became short-tempered and I was very concerned about the atmosphere in the house."

After his conviction for murder, Lois divorced her husband and fled the country with their four biological daughters. She has since had a son with her new partner, Vincent Ives, a martial arts expert 11 years her junior, and is now settled in Tasmania.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-376915/Lois-Jenkins-The-truth-I-allowed-tell.html#ixzz2DqW9nAKR

« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 11:30:47 PM by Matthew Wyse »
Most people suspect the truth but few are able to admit it.

Offline Matthew Wyse

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2012, 11:33:52 PM »
Time will tell in my opinion. 
They do say a leopard never changes its spots.  8(0(*
Most people suspect the truth but few are able to admit it.

Offline buddy

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2012, 11:36:53 PM »

He's guilty anyway.

He's certainly guilty of something according to his ex wife as evidenced by her behaviour following the murder but murder is another question...hmm  >@@(*&)   Three juries couldn't convict him Alexander so why do you believe him to be guilty?
He drove to the DIY store then realised he did not have a couple of quid in his pocket to pay for white spirit. This was after stopping at home with his daughters.
After he [discovered] the body of his daughter he went and sat in his car waiting the arrival of the emergency sevices instead of trying to save his daughter. Unbelievable imo.

PrisonerBen

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2012, 05:36:24 PM »
Lois Jenkins, 43, says her husband was a liar with a frighteningly controlling nature, who beat both her and their children. Mrs Jenkins was not allowed to reveal the truth about their home life when Sion stood trial for the murder of their stepdaughter Billie-Jo.  She later wrote an account which included.....

• Details of her ex-husband's rages, mood swings and obsessive, controlling nature;

• The corporal punishment and beatings with a stick he inflicted on their daughters;

• His devotion to an American religious book on parenting called Spare Not The Rod which argues that children should be beaten;

• His fury about a headmaster's job he wanted ... and the foul mood he was in the night before Billie-Jo was murdered;

Details of his alleged sexual encounter with a 17-year-old Billie-Jo lookalike were also withheld. Recalling the day Billie-Jo was murdered, Lois says: "Sion seemed strangely cold and distant. His eyes were as grey as slate with pinpoint pupils. He tried to hug me but it was icy and without feeling. In a funny way it was as if he wasn't there.

"He offered no comfort. I felt let down and also faintly embarrassed. I wondered if our friends had noticed his detachment. I can recall with clarity the look in his eyes as he told the children, 'Billie's dead'. It had no trace of emotion."

It was four days after the murder that Lois began to suspect her husband might be responsible. "I woke up in the middle of the night as he turned over in bed and it dawned on me it could have been him. I lay there terrified, thinking it must be him - and if it wasn't him, at least it could have been him."

From the first years of their marriage Lois reveals that Sion was a liar who exhibited a frighteningly controlling nature and violent temper.

And in the weeks leading up to the attack she admits: "I felt nervous in my own home and feared for my safety. He became short-tempered and I was very concerned about the atmosphere in the house."

After his conviction for murder, Lois divorced her husband and fled the country with their four biological daughters. She has since had a son with her new partner, Vincent Ives, a martial arts expert 11 years her junior, and is now settled in Tasmania.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-376915/Lois-Jenkins-The-truth-I-allowed-tell.html#ixzz2DqW9nAKR

If that's all it takes for you to condemn a man, I am very pleased you are confined to the internet and not allowed judicial office. A mixture of lousy character evidence and venom are a thin case.

Offline Jerry

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2012, 06:35:35 PM »

If that's all it takes for you to condemn a man, I am very pleased you are confined to the internet and not allowed judicial office. A mixture of lousy character evidence and venom are a thin case.

It might not prove he is a killer but it certainly points to a problem in his mental ability to cope with stress.  I don't think Lois would be saying those things if they weren't true do you Ben?  After all she has three daughters to back up what she says.  Interestingly though, now that you have picked up on the Jenkins case what is your opinion on his guilt or innocence Ben??

Padgates staff

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2012, 07:05:27 PM »
61. On 7 March, Mrs Jenkins made a statement to the police. She said that the appellant had a bad temper, and had been violent towards her, and that he would use a slipper or stick on A and L: all of them were afraid of him. The appellant was arrested again on 13 March, and charged with obtaining a pecuniary advantage, namely his post as a deputy head teacher, by deception. On 14 March, he was charged with murder.

63. Agreement was reached between the officers and Ian Vinall (the Jenkins family's social worker) as to how to proceed. They decided that the two children would be told that, although their interviews had been helpful to their father, he had been arrested following police tests that had been carried out on his clothing. They would also be told that he had obtained his post as a deputy head teacher by falsifying his qualifications, and that he had chastised them too severely. Mrs Jenkins agreed that this approach should be adopted. She had already spoken to L about the forensic evidence, and L was aware that blood had been found on her father's clothing.Agreement was reached between the officers and Ian Vinall (the Jenkins family's social worker) as to how to proceed. They decided that the two children would be told that, although their interviews had been helpful to their father, he had been arrested following police tests that had been carried out on his clothing. They would also be told that he had obtained his post as a deputy head teacher by falsifying his qualifications, and that he had chastised them too severely. Mrs Jenkins agreed that this approach should be adopted. She had already spoken to L about the forensic evidence, and L was aware that blood had been found on her father's clothing. Agreement was reached between the officers and Ian Vinall (the Jenkins family's social worker) as to how to proceed. They decided that the two children would be told that, although their interviews had been helpful to their father, he had been arrested following police tests that had been carried out on his clothing. They would also be told that he had obtained his post as a deputy head teacher by falsifying his qualifications, and that he had chastised them too severely. Mrs Jenkins agreed that this approach should be adopted. She had already spoken to L about the forensic evidence, and L was aware that blood had been found on her father's clothing.

65. The officers went on to tell the children that their father had not been truthful when he got his job as a deputy head teacher. The children suggested that perhaps he had made a mistake: they did not think that he would be untruthful on purpose. Next, the officers raised the subject of the appellant's temper, and his excessive use of violence on them when they were naughty. L became distressed, and defended her father, saying that it did not even hurt them. When the police added that he used to hit their mother, L said that this was not true, and she stormed out of the room in tears.

http://www.homepage-link.to/justice/judgements/jenkins/index.htm

What is described as excessive? I wonder if Lois (the mum) tried to 'coach' the children into saying things or whether Mr Jenkins temper was bad and the child who was tearful didn't know what to say for the best.

beaufoy

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2012, 08:22:34 AM »
I cannot say for certain if Jenkins is guilty or innocent, but Joanne has at least thought out her responce better than the other contributors. Lately there has been rumours that the alleged m25 rapist murdered Billie Jo. again I cannot say for certain whether the alleged m25 rapist killed billie joe. However, I can submit excelent evidence that he did not rape at least two of the rapes he was found guilty of raping, and probably did not rape most if not all the raped ladies.
   Returning to Jenkins case innocent people are often imprissoned, and guilty people are allowed to retain their freedom. Maybe Jenkins is guilty, but all I see is he said she said.

Offline puglove

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2012, 08:40:18 AM »
I cannot say for certain if Jenkins is guilty or innocent, but Joanne has at least thought out her responce better than the other contributors. Lately there has been rumours that the alleged m25 rapist murdered Billie Jo. again I cannot say for certain whether the alleged m25 rapist killed billie joe. However, I can submit excelent evidence that he did not rape at least two of the rapes he was found guilty of raping, and probably did not rape most if not all the raped ladies.
   Returning to Jenkins case innocent people are often imprissoned, and guilty people are allowed to retain their freedom. Maybe Jenkins is guilty, but all I see is he said she said.

Just before the cyanide kicks in, can I say that Sion Jenkins is innocent? He's just got an annoying face.
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

Offline John

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2012, 03:50:27 PM »

Just before the cyanide kicks in, can I say that Sion Jenkins is innocent? He's just got an annoying face.

Innocent of murder or of being a domestic control freak with a propensity to violence?

Offline puglove

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2012, 06:29:07 PM »

Innocent of murder or of being a domestic control freak with a propensity to violence?

Possibly both. Lois clearly loathed him (he does come across as a very strange man) but who knows if she was being truthful? It's interesting that, now his girls are older, they are keen to speak on his behalf.
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.