Author Topic: Who, when were Police called to OC? When did they arrive? incl GNR PJ & Interpol  (Read 12925 times)

Offline Robittybob1

From that Timeline http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/TIME_LINE_INFORMATION.htm   Kazlux has:

"23.20/23.30 Manager J.H. asked hotel manager E. L. K. to go to the apartment the girl had disappeared from and, on behalf of Mark Warner, provide all the help the family might need. She went to the McCann's apartment, entered by the patio doors and introduced herself to Kate and Mrs Payne. She entered the apartment living room and Kate and Mrs Payne stayed in the main bedroom, from where she could hear them both crying."

Wouldn't she have noticed the GNR and Silvia there  as well at that time?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

from the Timeline

"Between 00.00 and 00.30, the police arrived, entered by the main door and went to the kitchen with Gerry. Hotel manager E. L. K. went to the bedroom where Kate and Mrs Payne were. Kate was still upset, crying and calling Madeleine's name, shouting "where is she?" She also banged on the headboard. At that moment Hotel manager E. L. K. went to check on the twins in their room and they were ok. She remembers being in the main bedroom with Kate, Mrs Payne, Gerry, Russell and David who were sitting on the bed and she sat on the floor. At that moment David suggested that the press should be contacted. Russell disagreed, saying they should keep calm and let the police take care of the situation." 

After picking up Gerry, Silvia and the friend did the GNR drive around for the next hour or so? before going to the apartment? 
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

The Batistas had a car, agreed.

"She arrived a few minutes before elements of the GNR popped in."  Witness statement timings are notoriously unreliable, but the time of 11pm is given.

The time at which the GNR turned up is critical.  And I don't have a definitive measure for it.

The sequence is important - Silvia before the GNR - later the GNR turning up.  When Gerry met up with the GNR in main reception is also vital.
Thanks for replying and sorry for not reading your post sooner.  Look I can easily see the situation of Silvia not really knowing where the various parties are meeting up.   Some meet at the Tapas area some at the main reception.  So if Silvia and Joao drive around to the main reception and find the GNR are not there, there is a chance they actually went straight around to Tapas, so someone needs to check, Silvia has a car and goes around there, but while there the GNR turn up at the main reception so she drives back there, Joao at the wheel, so each movement is done quickly.

The 11:00 PM timing matches with what the GNR themselves say.
The order of the GNR help determine the time.  If someone turns up and Roque and Da Costa are already there two of them turned up before the third one did.

Well does Gerry know when the GNR turned up?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 08:41:05 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

Gerry does not mention the GNR
There is one sentence "They continued with searches outside around the various apartment blocks, the deponent having asked MATHEW who went to the secondary reception [where] the event was communicated to the local police, since he had no doubt that his daughter had been kidnapped [abducted]."

I'm not sure if he is talking about phoning the police or actually talking to the police face to face.

At another location Gerry is reported as saying
"Only about 01h00 on 4 May 2007 did he learn through RUSSELL that his companion, JANE, at 21h10, could have seen an individual crossing the top of the road with a child in his arms, that may or may not have been his daughter MADELEINE. Asked, he relates that he does not recall to have described exactly the type of pyjamas (colour, designs, etc.) that MADELEINE had worn at the time she disappeared. The photo of his daughter MADELEINE, after having printed several in the reception of the hotel, was delivered to the police (PJ) who were at the location, as well as to other persons who were there." 

I can't tell if the events described here are sequential or not.
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

In Gerry's arguido statement only one comment is relevant to this thread

"--- When asked why instead of scouring the land next to the complex they stayed inside the apartment, he replies that it did not happen that way.

While the guests and employees of the resort were searching, he went to the main Reception to check whether they had called the Police, and told Kate to wait inside the apartment. After going to the Reception he went back to the apartment where he stayed in the living room and in their bedroom."

So once the police arrived Gerry stayed with them.  Seems reasonable to me.
Moderation

Offline ShiningInLuz

This is where Sylvia Batista's phone call to Lagos GNR becomes key.

She does not say she she made such a phone call. But it is in the GNR Lagos phone records.

From memory, it was made at 11.09.

Clearly, before this call Sylvia was not aware the GNR had turned up.  This call was probably the source for her knowing the GNR were in reception. So at that time, Sylvia went reception to help with translating.

More certainly, by the time of that phone call, Sylvia was not in the back of a GNR car heading from the OC to 5A, and the GNR had not arrived at 5A.
What's up, old man?

Offline G-Unit

She does not say she she made such a phone call. But it is in the GNR Lagos phone records.

Clearly, before this call Sylvia was not aware the GNR had turned up.  This call was probably the source for her knowing the GNR were in reception. So at that time, Sylvia went reception to help with translating.

More certainly, by the time of that phone call, Sylvia was not in the back of a GNR car heading from the OC to 5A, and the GNR had not arrived at 5A.

That call seems to have been made at 11.02 on the morning of 4th. I can see nothing on the evening of 3rd.
 http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/CALLS_TO_GNR.htm  Pages 3051/2
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Robittybob1

Can you see her number on the calls register?
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

That call seems to have been made at 11.02 on the morning of 4th. I can see nothing on the evening of 3rd.
Could you take me step by step through that please?

What is the phone number we are looking for?
Moderation

Offline G-Unit

Could you take me step by step through that please?

What is the phone number we are looking for?

We don't have complete phone numbers, just the first and last three numbers. Silvia's number began with 964 and ended with 114;

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/P4/04_VOLUME_IVa_Page_851.jpg

If you look at the pages of calls to the GNR that number called them on the morning of 4th.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

Back to the drawing board

Offline ShiningInLuz

Perhaps I am getting confused, but 3051/2 seems to be calls made from the OC land-line.

If there is a further call from the OC land-line to GNR Lagos at 11.02 on 4/5/07, I was not aware of that one.  Many thanks.

The call I am thinking of appears in the list of calls received by GNR Lagos on 3 May.  It's the horrible misordered one, but it contains the calls from Securitas to GNR Lagos.

The call in question is from Sylvia's mobile to GNR Lagos, so it will not turn up in OC land-line records.

I guess I need to dig out Sylvia's mobile number, plus the page with the call on it.
What's up, old man?

Offline Robittybob1

We don't have complete phone numbers, just the first and last three numbers. Silvia's number began with 964 and ended with 114;

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/P4/04_VOLUME_IVa_Page_851.jpg

If you look at the pages of calls to the GNR that number called them on the morning of 4th.

If SIL is correct someone rang Silvia from the OC landline at 11:02 on the 4th.
I know the issue of Silvia ringing the GNR has been raised before on the forum.

Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

Perhaps I am getting confused, but 3051/2 seems to be calls made from the OC land-line.

If there is a further call from the OC land-line to GNR Lagos at 11.02 on 4/5/07, I was not aware of that one.  Many thanks.

The call I am thinking of appears in the list of calls received by GNR Lagos on 3 May.  It's the horrible misordered one, but it contains the calls from Securitas to GNR Lagos.

The call in question is from Sylvia's mobile to GNR Lagos, so it will not turn up in OC land-line records.

I guess I need to dig out Sylvia's mobile number, plus the page with the call on it.
I think you are right with this.
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

You say in one of your blogs:
https://shininginluz.wordpress.com/tag/silvia-batista/
 "There is another call of interest on this sheet. 964098114 called GNR Lagos at 11.09pm, lasting 41 seconds. This mobile number was noted as belonging to Silvia Batista. That call I will park for another post."

Phone list -

Phonecall to GNR at 11:09 approx.
Moderation