Author Topic: So what actual searching was there?  (Read 408684 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: So what actual searching was there?
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2014, 07:40:28 PM »
Does anyone believe that had the McCcanns searched Maddie would have been found

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2014, 07:46:05 PM »
Given that "probably the best police force in the world" have come up with sweet Felicity Arkwright in 3+ years probably not, but maybe that isnae the point ?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2014, 08:00:19 PM »
Given that "probably the best police force in the world" have come up with sweet Felicity Arkwright in 3+ years probably not, but maybe that isnae the point ?
at least a decent police force are investigating now

Offline jassi

« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2014, 08:11:50 PM »
Do you think they will ever find the guilty party ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2014, 08:20:48 PM »
Do you think they will ever find the guilty party ?

they may...and there again they may not

Offline Anna

« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2014, 02:31:50 PM »

How could they search. when it was dark and there was a shortage of flashlights, which were used by those familiar with area. They could only search lit areas and what could they do, that wasn't already being done?
 They were in a very distressed state and would only hinder other searchers, IMO
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline lordpookles

« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2014, 04:04:40 PM »
your child is missing. Seems well strange not too search. I would literally be breaking down doors. As does popping off to see the pope and leaving your 2 young ones behind after your daughter has disappeared. Appears very strange to me but not everyone is the same in fairness... I find it strange without being in the situation yourself to claim otherwise... You guys ever lost your child for a few seconds/minutes? What do you do? Ring home?? Don't think so...

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2014, 04:14:43 PM »
your child is missing. Seems well strange not too search. I would literally be breaking down doors. As does popping off to see the pope and leaving your 2 young ones behind after your daughter has disappeared. Appears very strange to me but not everyone is the same in fairness... I find it strange without being in the situation yourself to claim otherwise... You guys ever lost your child for a few seconds/minutes? What do you do? Ring home?? Don't think so...

As it happens, breaking down doors of what could be innocent people, is against the law.  Try it and you could well find yourself locked up.

Offline lordpookles

« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2014, 04:15:50 PM »
Of course but you think I would care about that if I have a missing child? Least of my concerns...

Offline Anna

« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2014, 04:16:05 PM »

Yes I have and my hubby ran around the block while I searched the garden where I had left her playing and then we called the police, who found her under a sofa in the summerhouse fast asleep. I was crying and angry at the same time, but oh so happy that she was safe. I felt embarassed at having called in a search party.............because I didnt look properly in the garden area. She was about 5yrs. I might add that my garden is large and where I was in the house(upstairs study) was probably as far away as McCanns were in Tapas restaurant.
― Plato

Offline lordpookles

« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2014, 04:18:01 PM »
Ok but with the important caveat that it's your house and grounds... Pyschologically and practically quite different if the garden is secure...

Offline Benice

« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2014, 04:21:49 PM »

If you really believe the first thing the McCanns did when they found Madeleine missing was to ring home - then you really do need to read the files.

Incidentally, there are no reports of April Jones mum going out to search.  I presume she took the advice of the police and stayed at home - or maybe she was simply too traumatised.     And neither did Sandy Richardson's mother - when her son was abducted from his grandparents back garden in Scotland.   She said she was too frightened of what she might find.    Do you find those parents behaviour 'strange' too?

There is no right way or wrong way to react imo.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Anna

« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2014, 04:23:37 PM »
Ok but with the important caveat that it's your house and grounds... Pyschologically and practically quite different if the garden is secure...

Yes the garden is secure, but we found the side gate unbolted. Which would have been forgotten by one of us or the older children.
― Plato

Offline lordpookles

« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2014, 04:29:11 PM »
Ok. I have read some of the files and I know they didn't call home till much later and yes there may be some variance in regard to peoples reactions in extreme situations. What I'm actually trying to drive at is I think their behaviour as a whole is odd and not what one would expect. Whether this is purely a false distorted perception created through the media or is real is difficult to tell. Still we are discussing this case and to comment on their behaviour in many scenarios so far seems appropriate...

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2014, 04:31:17 PM »
If you really believe the first thing the McCanns did when they found Madeleine missing was to ring home - then you really do need to read the files.

Incidentally, there are no reports of April Jones mum going out to search.  I presume she took the advice of the police and stayed at home - or maybe she was simply too traumatised.     And neither did Sandy Richardson's mother - when her son was abducted from his grandparents back garden in Scotland.   She said she was too frightened of what she might find.    Do you find those parents behaviour 'strange' too?

There is no right way or wrong way to react imo.

Call the police, perhaps.....
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.