Author Topic: Wandering Off Topic  (Read 1489441 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #3750 on: July 10, 2018, 12:33:44 PM »
They 'chose' to continue looking for their daughter when the police had thrown in the towel.  In my opinion having no alternative hardly equates with choice.

They chose to begin their campaign before the police had picked up the towel, let alone thrown it in.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #3751 on: July 10, 2018, 12:37:05 PM »
They 'chose' to continue looking for their daughter when the police had thrown in the towel.  In my opinion having no alternative hardly equates with choice.

Kate McCann had a choice at the arguida interview but she chose self preservation over full and frank disclosure.  No wonder the police too chose to end the investigation. 
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #3752 on: July 10, 2018, 12:42:57 PM »
In my opinion individuals have no locus in what happens with the contract between the victim of crime and the investigating authorities.

In my opinion Madeleine McCann was the victim of negligence on the part of the investigators the second it was decided to try to make the evidence fit the crime rather than following the evidence to see where it would lead.

Unbelievable Brietta, claiming Maddie was a victim of police negligence when clearly it was down to her useless parents.  The police are duty bound to pursue every scenario and now you criticise them for doing their job.  You are aware that most child abduction cases involve a family member?  The Cipriano case being a classic example.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline misty

« Reply #3753 on: July 10, 2018, 01:00:10 PM »
Unbelievable Brietta, claiming Maddie was a victim of police negligence when clearly it was down to her useless parents.  The police are duty bound to pursue every scenario and now you criticise them for doing their job.  You are aware that most child abduction cases involve a family member?  The Cipriano case being a classic example.

Neither parent had absconded with Madeleine. Which other family member could have been responsible iyo?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3754 on: July 10, 2018, 01:09:12 PM »

It is easy to be judgemental in retrospect for the simple reason that hindsight is an exact science.  But in my opinion the minute a police officer oversteps the bounds of his/her responsibility to investigate and instead adopts the mantle of forensic expert, prosecution and judge the path is opened towards very dangerous ground indeed.

In my opinion Madeleine McCann was the victim ... argue among yourselves whether of one person or a team ... who let her, as a missing child and the victim of crime down very badly indeed.

The only person of any importance here was Madeleine and the job of collecting evidence to show what might have become of her was in my opinion botched big style.
If it hadn't been ... there would have been very little 'unfinished business' to be uncovered when Scotland Yard and Policia Judiciaria took on the review of the case independent of each other.

In my opinion following the evidence might have led to the perpetrator/s; but deciding who the perp was without supporting evidence and then looking for the evidence is a recipe for disaster ... and so it proved to be.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #3755 on: July 10, 2018, 01:26:38 PM »
Neither parent had absconded with Madeleine. Which other family member could have been responsible iyo?

Well they wouldn't have, had she succumbed to an accident in the apartment as the police theorised.

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #3756 on: July 10, 2018, 01:29:18 PM »
It is easy to be judgemental in retrospect for the simple reason that hindsight is an exact science.  But in my opinion the minute a police officer oversteps the bounds of his/her responsibility to investigate and instead adopts the mantle of forensic expert, prosecution and judge the path is opened towards very dangerous ground indeed.

In my opinion Madeleine McCann was the victim ... argue among yourselves whether of one person or a team ... who let her, as a missing child and the victim of crime down very badly indeed.

The only person of any importance here was Madeleine and the job of collecting evidence to show what might have become of her was in my opinion botched big style.
If it hadn't been ... there would have been very little 'unfinished business' to be uncovered when Scotland Yard and Policia Judiciaria took on the review of the case independent of each other.

In my opinion following the evidence might have led to the perpetrator/s; but deciding who the perp was without supporting evidence and then looking for the evidence is a recipe for disaster ... and so it proved to be.

From the police point of view after pursuing the evidence it appeared not to be a case of stranger abduction.  Would you rather they make it all up based on thin air?  The moment Kate McCann refused to answer the most basic of questions was the moment the police said to themselves, "oh aye...here we go".

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline kizzy

« Reply #3757 on: July 10, 2018, 03:55:20 PM »

Neither parent had absconded with Madeleine.

That is only in your opinion

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3758 on: July 10, 2018, 04:13:22 PM »

Based on evidence only they saw, the parents decided what crime had been committed before the police arrived.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline misty

« Reply #3759 on: July 10, 2018, 05:41:34 PM »
Based on evidence only they saw, the parents decided what crime had been committed before the police arrived.

In comparison with a very recent UK crime, a body would could been discovered by searchers before the PJ had even arrived at the scene.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #3760 on: July 10, 2018, 06:23:57 PM »

If it hadn't been ... 1) there would have been very little 'unfinished business' to be uncovered when Scotland Yard and Policia Judiciaria took on the review of the case independent of each other.

2)  In my opinion following the evidence might have led to the perpetrator/s; but deciding who the perp was without supporting evidence and then looking for the evidence is a recipe for disaster ... and so it proved to be.

1) Was there ever an official statement from either Police Force which delineated the extent of the unfinished business to which you refer?.
2) What evidence is it you have access to that leads you to that belief ?

How many opportunies were missed? was it 169, 300 and something? Lots of numbers have been bandied around.
It always reminds me of "Legs" Lansbury in the Manchurian Candidate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0WZwSx7UdU
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3761 on: July 10, 2018, 06:36:53 PM »
1) Was there ever an official statement from either Police Force which delineated the extent of the unfinished business to which you refer?.

How many opportunies were missed? was it 169, 300 and something? Lots of numbers have been bandied around.

Don’t ask her for evidence Alice. I’ve been waiting weeks for her to explain why she thinks that OG is interested in Sadie’s theory.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3762 on: July 10, 2018, 06:55:19 PM »
Don’t ask her for evidence Alice. I’ve been waiting weeks for her to explain why she thinks that OG is interested in Sadie’s theory.

How terribly rude  ^*&&
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3763 on: July 10, 2018, 07:00:53 PM »

In my opinion, the original investigation was hardly a textbook example in procedure for dealing with a missing child case.  In my opinion it could well have been used as an example of what not to do and who knows, perhaps it was?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3764 on: July 10, 2018, 07:08:23 PM »
How terribly rude  ^*&&

Not to answer pertinent questions ? I absolutely agree but no less than I’ve come to expect.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?