Author Topic: The Kate McCann Book - Madeleine  (Read 10183 times)

Online Eleanor

Re: The Kate McCann Book - Madeleine
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2013, 11:49:30 PM »
I'm reading Kate McCann's book at the moment

Am I allowed to quote from it here,  or is that also forbidden  ?

That might depend on how much of it you wish to post, and whether you are Cherry Picking.  On balance, probably best not.

But not my decision, of course.

icabodcrane

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2013, 11:57:58 PM »

That might depend on how much of it you wish to post, and whether you are Cherry Picking.  On balance, probably best not.

You might be right

I recall the McCann's lawyers tried to shut down the  (  excellent  )  website that carries his own blogs

Thank goodness the McCann's objection to the release of the police files  (  to every Tom, Dick and Harry,  in Kate's words )  did not prevent us from having access  and discussing,  freely,  the facts therin   ...  otherwise we'd be left with nothing but Clarence Mitchell's proclamations to debate  ! 

Online Eleanor

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2013, 12:28:52 AM »

You might be right

I recall the McCann's lawyers tried to shut down the  (  excellent  )  website that carries his own blogs

Thank goodness the McCann's objection to the release of the police files  (  to every Tom, Dick and Harry,  in Kate's words )  did not prevent us from having access  and discussing,  freely,  the facts therin   ...  otherwise we'd be left with nothing but Clarence Mitchell's proclamations to debate  !

In Britain you wouldn't even have got a look in, let alone Files to discuss.

Copyright remains sacrosanct for anyone's Book.

icabodcrane

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2013, 01:32:38 AM »

You might be right

In Britain you wouldn't even have got a look in, let alone Files to discuss.

Copyright remains sacrosanct for anyone's Book.

You're right about not getting a look-in in in  this country  ...  just look how many years it took the brave Hillsborough campaign  group to finally get to the truth

As to  'copyright'  ...  I have a hard time seeing why that takes precedent over the welfare of a missing child

Offline Sandy

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2013, 01:36:19 AM »
It is still available free online so I personally don't see any problem with quoting from it.

Offline John

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2013, 01:45:53 AM »

Feel free to refer to it but in your own words.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

icabodcrane

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2013, 01:47:44 AM »
It is still available free online so I personally don't see any problem with quoting from it.

Is it Sandy ?  I had no idea  (  I spent a tenner on mine  ...  discount price at WH Smith  ) 

Why havn't  the McCann's 'big gun'   lawyers put a stop to that then  ?  ...  why intimidate a forum like this for simply placing a link,   rather than address the source of copyright infringement  ?   

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2013, 08:22:59 AM »
As with the Diana Unlawful Killing video I suspect there are websites on planet earth which even Carter Ruck cannot touch. 
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Carana

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2013, 01:15:19 PM »

Another point worth considering, why pick a child with an eye impairment which was so noticeable?

From a distance, who would have noticed a slight defect in one eye?

Offline xtina

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2013, 01:40:40 PM »
The abductor having arriving at the scene of the crime without transport, but carrying is Dyson for cleaning, or mop and bucket, wearing rubber gloves, hair net and protective suit, IV drip x 3\or inhalation anaesthetic  forgot to bring his ophthalmic scope.  There was no evidence it is alleged of either an abductor, or indeed Madeleine's hair or dna

Wasn't there evidence of a chap seen walking near the apartment with a sleeping child in his arms.  A chap who has never been traced?

evidence of a chap.........well you can hardly call it evidence ...if you mean J/T...

if so ...is g mcc not seeing J/T also evidence
Always listen to both sides of the story before you judge.

The first storyteller you will always find has modified the story, for there benefit BE WISE.

Offline Carana

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2013, 04:27:45 PM »
I'm aware that some families try to cover up a death due to abuse as kidnapping.

I don't disagree with that.

However, it isn't always the case.

Some kids do simply disappear... and, thankfully, some do reappear.

How creepy is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cK5XVeenp4