Author Topic: Claims by family that the front door was open are subsequently quietly dropped.  (Read 13305 times)

Offline Admin

We have come across several reports that the front door to apartment 5a was in fact open when just after 10pm Kate McCann found Madeleine had disappeared.  The initial reports also contained the claim that an abductor had entered via the children's bedroom window and exited via the front door.

Gerry McCanns sister, Trish Cameron, claimed, "Kate went back at 10 o'clock to check. The front door was lying open, the window had been tampered with, the shutters had been jemmied open or whatever you call it and Madeleine was missing...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/leicestershire/6623127.stm

Kate McCanns father, Brian Healey, claimed, "Gerry told me when they went back the shutters to the room were broken, they were jemmied up and she was gone," said Mr Healy. "She'd been taken from the chalet. The door was open."

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2007/may/05/world.topstories31

The first police statements were taken during the morning of the 4th May 2007, by which time the original story had already been changed from a forced, damaged or jemmied shutter and an open front door to a merely raised shutter and no mention of the front door whatsoever.  The reference to the front door being open had for all intents and purposes been quietly dropped.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 06:45:31 PM by Admin »

Offline Mr Gray

First , Gerry never said the shutters were jemmied. as far as he was concerned the shutters couldn't be opened from the outside so saying that they had been forced open or up does not implicitly  imply any damage.

you then go on to compare statements from different people who had heard things second and third hand. If this is what people are basing the fact that the McCanns lied upon it's just plain stupid.

Offline sadie

We have come across several reports that the front door to apartment 5a was in fact open when just after 10pm Kate McCann found Madeleine had disappeared.  The initial reports also contained the claim that an abductor had entered via the children's bedroom window and exited via the front door.

Gerry McCanns sister, Trish Cameron, claimed, "Kate went back at 10 o'clock to check. The front door was lying open, the window had been tampered with, the shutters had been jemmied open or whatever you call it and Madeleine was missing...

Kate McCanns father, Brian Healey, claimed, "Gerry told me when they went back the shutters to the room were broken, they were jemmied up and she was gone," said Mr Healy. "She'd been taken from the chalet. The door was open."

The first police statements were taken during the morning of the 4th May 2007, by which time the original story had already been changed from a forced, damaged or jemmied shutter and an open front door to a merely raised shutter and no mention of the front door whatsoever.  The reference to the front door being open had for all intents and purposes been quietly dropped.
These are media reports and full of errors, the most glaring of which is the claim that they were eating hundreds of yards away.  We all know that is untrue.

Then they are third hand reports ... and we all know about the whispering game, how words get changed and becos of that, the very meaning can get changed

Then they talk about the front door.  At that stage, I dont think people knew quite which was the front and which was the back.  In fact, in some internet place, that situation went on until about 2 or 3 years ago.  I can remember commenting on it and trying to get over to people,  which was the front and which was the back.  For a long time I, myself,  was very confused about it

So with these three observations I think that we should read the reports, but be very cautious, keeping them in the back of our minds, but not relying on them .

AnneGuedes

The open front door was already dropped in the report the PJ inspector made after "speaking with Mr McCann" in the middle of the night. Only shutters and window open.

Offline Mr Gray

The open front door was already dropped in the report the PJ inspector made after "speaking with Mr McCann" in the middle of the night. Only shutters and window open.

When you say open are you referring to open as in unlocked or open as in ajar.

Offline Mr Gray

so that I understand, as regards the door you are comparing Gerrys official statement with accounts given second and third hand,by his family as reported by newspapers and using this to suggest the McCanns lied.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 08:16:43 PM by davel »

Offline Carana

Can you remember which report that was in, before McSpielberg does another Toooo Lie exclusive?

AnneGuedes

Vol I  pp. 2-10
In conversation with Gerald McCann it was possible to establish the following:
They had been staying at the OC since 28th April 2007 and they were due to stay there for a week.
From 29-04-2007 he would dine with his wife at a restaurant in the OC whilst their children were a few metres away from the restaurant, in the bedroom.
They would dine at the restaurant with three other couples who were friends of theirs. Yesterday (the day of the events) they got up at 07.30 and had breakfast in the apartment. At about 09.00 they left the apartment and left the children at the creche, this creche was located inside the OC, with employees who would take care of the children until about 12.30.
After lunch, at about 14.30 the children would be dropped off back at the creche and would stay there until about 17.00.
At about 17.30 the parents would bathe the children and give them something to eat and at about 19.30 the three children were put to sleep in one of the bedrooms in the apartment.
At about 20.30 the couple left to have dinner in the restaurant.
At about 21.05 – 21.15 Gerald went to the bedroom to see the children, he saw the bedroom door was half way open which he found strange as he thought he had left it pushed to, however he entered and saw the children and saw that the window as well as the shutter were closed.
At about 21.20, their friend Jane passed by the apartment (along the corridor of the main entrance) she saw an individual carrying a child who passed descending the road, however she did not recognise this individual, nor the child, only having noticed that the individual appeared to be aged between 30 or 40, had dark hair and light coloured trousers.
At about 21.30 their friend Mat entered the apartment by the back door (patio door) he did not enter the bedroom and only saw the twins sleeping, he did not notice anything strange.
At the same place, at about 22.00 Kate discovered the facts and the consequent disappearance of her daughter Madeleine, at this moment the window being wide open as well as the curtains and the shutter.

Offline sadie

On reflection, there has been a noticeable trend to not mention the front door at any costs.

Maybe the front door was open, but maybe it didn't suit his theory, already thought out by the following morning,, (according to his book) that Kate and Gerry had dunit.

Could it have been left out of later reports to protect his theory?

Tbh, I think it is unlikely, but thought I should mention it ... in case

Offline Carana

Thanks Anne.  8((()*/

Offline John

Granted, stories do get confused sometimes but the reports were first hand from Gerry to his sister and from Kate to her father...both said the same thing that the front door was open.

It is quite clear they would not have claimed that the abductor came in through the window before exiting through the front door had it not been open.   Consequently, if the front door had been closed they would have assumed he came in through the window and went out the same way.   8(0(*

Always remembering too that Gerry initially claimed that he used the front door to gain access to the apartment before later changing his mind to claim he used the patio door.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 02:15:49 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline insider

Granted, stories do get confused sometimes but the reports were first hand from Gerry to his sister and from Kate to her father...both said the same thing that the front door was open.

It is quite clear they would not have claimed that the abductor came in through the window before exiting through the front door had it not been open.   Consequently, if the front door had been closed they would have assumed he came in through the window and went out the same way.   8(0(*

Always remembering too that Gerry initially claimed that he used the front door to gain access to the apartment before later changing his mind to claim he used the patio door.

This front door is certainly seeing some action for a door that was never used or am i missing something?? 
Liars come in all shapes and sizes. No profession is without them.

AnneGuedes

This front door is certainly seeing some action for a door that was never used or am i missing something??
It was used, in day time. They didn't leave the door-window slightly ajar. If the family went out this way, Mr McCann stayed behind to lock that door-window and left through the main door that at least sometimes he locked (but it seems locking it was a bit tricky, according to some earlier holidayer).

Offline Mr Gray

Are you sure about this. I am not saying you are wrong, but I haven't seen anything to support this.

Offline Mr Gray

from the lack of input on this thread to show that the MCCanns changed their stories it seems they have been unfairly accused and have been telling the truth all along.