Author Topic: Lois Jenkins: The truth I was not allowed to tell  (Read 37129 times)

Lyall

Re: Lois Jenkins: The truth I was not allowed to tell
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2015, 10:07:45 PM »
Thanks for that.  Interesting.  The Police aren't looking for anyone else?  They always say that rather than admit that they could have been wrong
And I wondered about Billy Joe's family.  Why was she put into care?
Not that this has anything to do with her murder.

And most certainly Yes, an au pair would have had at least some idea.

So why did his wife say those things?  Did she convince herself of his guilt?  Or was she simply after the house from a not particularly good marriage?

Anyway, I still don't like the look of either of them.  He was probably a control freak, and she probably got fed up with it.  But hardly grounds for murder.

The police are definitely not looking for anyone else.

His book with Woffinden is quite fascinating, especially at the end. Well worth reading if anyone hasn't yet.

Lyall

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2015, 10:19:25 PM »
He's a highly intelligent guy who makes many very relevant points in the book about being on remand, but about the case itself he doth say too much.Imo %£&)**#

His interview with Trevor McDonald is quite illuminating too (McDonald is super skeptical).

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2015, 10:34:39 PM »
The police are definitely not looking for anyone else.

His book with Woffinden is quite fascinating, especially at the end. Well worth reading if anyone hasn't yet.

Gosh, I don't think I am that interested.  And it all fell by the wayside anyway, in a Court of Law.

But one might ask what on earth was going on in that family.  He was beating them all, but no one actually said that he was until the child was murdered.
So they were all complicit.  And none of his children actually agreed that he was a violent man.

Actually, I wouldn't give you tuppence happeny for any of them.  So, Not Proven.

Lyall

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2015, 10:53:20 PM »
Gosh, I don't think I am that interested.  And it all fell by the wayside anyway, in a Court of Law.

But one might ask what on earth was going on in that family.  He was beating them all, but no one actually said that he was until the child was murdered.
So they were all complicit.  And none of his children actually agreed that he was a violent man.

Actually, I wouldn't give you tuppence happeny for any of them.  So, Not Proven.

Oh, definitely, he's as innocent as you or I now and should get his compensation. It's not possible to proclaim Barry George should, but Jenkins shouldn't.

I'm just saying anyone interested in the case would benefit from reading his book. We're all interested in true crime, or we wouldn't be here. Psychologically the book is very interesting.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2015, 11:23:15 PM »
Oh, definitely, he's as innocent as you or I now and should get his compensation. It's not possible to proclaim Barry George should, but Jenkins shouldn't.

I'm just saying anyone interested in the case would benefit from reading his book. We're all interested in true crime, or we wouldn't be here. Psychologically the book is very interesting.

I am not sure about the compensation because I don't understand that facet of The Law.  But his book is never going to be of any interest to me.  It is only his side of the story.  And I would rather read a fantasy.  Presuming that I had the time.

I think that he was capable, but there has never been any proof or even the possibility within the time frame.

Do you think he was Psychologically capable? 
I don't like him.  But that isn't reason enough.  I don't like her either.
Dear God, I should know better at my age.

Rupert

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2015, 12:54:48 AM »
I am not sure about the compensation because I don't understand that facet of The Law.  But his book is never going to be of any interest to me.  It is only his side of the story.  And I would rather read a fantasy.  Presuming that I had the time.

I think that he was capable, but there has never been any proof or even the possibility within the time frame.

Do you think he was Psychologically capable? 
I don't like him.  But that isn't reason enough.  I don't like her either.
Dear God, I should know better at my age.

she didn't take long to clear of to New Zealand when the shit hit the fan

Offline Brigadier

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2016, 09:17:59 PM »
But there is no proof of domestic abuse.  Far from it as far as I can see.
No, there was never any indication of domestic abuse prior to the incident. This is despite Lois working as a social worker and Billie having regular meetings with social workers to check how she was settling in to her foster family. So both had ample opportunity to report anything. When it was first suggested to the girls, they flatly denied any impropriety.

Besides, if anything unsettling was going on, then it surely very irresponsible of Lois to suggest fostering the two Jenkins children in the first place (Billie had an elder brother who moved in for a while, but social services took him away again after a short period).

Offline Brigadier

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2016, 08:30:59 PM »
Gosh, I don't think I am that interested.

Not to worry, I have read his book for you and written a synopsis on it. You may care to read that instead:

https://www.facebook.com/paul.gardner.125323/posts/10154318845057022

Offline puglove

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2016, 09:19:48 PM »
Not to worry, I have read his book for you and written a synopsis on it. You may care to read that instead:

https://www.facebook.com/paul.gardner.125323/posts/10154318845057022

Has anyone ever told you that you look just like Stephen K Amos, Brigadier?   
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

Offline Brigadier

« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2016, 11:04:52 AM »
Has anyone ever told you that you look just like Stephen K Amos, Brigadier?   
Err, you are joking right!? That is Stephen K. Amos I am standing next to. And Jon Richardson is on my left.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 11:20:12 AM by Brigadier »

Offline puglove

« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2016, 10:33:56 PM »
Err, you are joking right!? That is Stephen K. Amos I am standing next to. And Jon Richardson is on my left.

Yes, I'm joking! (Which is more than S.K.A. can usually manage   8(8-)) )

I do like Jon Richardson though.    8((()*/
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

Offline Brigadier

« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2016, 04:01:37 PM »
Whew, that's a relief!

Neither of them are my favourite comics or anything, but I find them amusing enough. They were however very pleasant and amiable during the day's filming that they spent with the group of us.

But anyway, we are going slightly off topic here!

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2017, 11:38:05 PM »
Just to say I am reading the book at the moment, having never believed that Sion killed Billie-Jo. The conduct of the investigating police leaves much to be desired, eg, they never really considered other possible suspects. As for Lois, I wonder if the shock of it all gave her some kind of breakdown, for her to behave as she did.

Had Sion been a violent man, the au pair, or the social workers, or students at his school, or the staff at his school would have noticed, surely.

Offline Brigadier

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2018, 08:57:25 PM »
Just to say I am reading the book at the moment, having never believed that Sion killed Billie-Jo. The conduct of the investigating police leaves much to be desired, eg, they never really considered other possible suspects. As for Lois, I wonder if the shock of it all gave her some kind of breakdown, for her to behave as she did.

Had Sion been a violent man, the au pair, or the social workers, or students at his school, or the staff at his school would have noticed, surely.
Thank you! At last, someone else that realised this. How did you get on with the book?

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2018, 04:35:58 PM »
Thank you! At last, someone else that realised this. How did you get on with the book?

I found the book very interesting!