Author Topic: News and current affairs from the Portuguese Algarve.  (Read 220819 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: News and current affairs from the Portuguese Algarve.
« Reply #360 on: May 20, 2019, 07:17:12 AM »
I think the catch is the accused has to produce the body to be eligible for the 2 year sentence.
Ha!  I knew there must be more to it than a simple confession.   So the body is produced, is forensically examined and death was determined to be an injury to the head, do you still only get a suspended two year sentence?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #361 on: May 20, 2019, 10:15:03 AM »
I think the catch is the accused has to produce the body to be eligible for the 2 year sentence.

There's no such requirement in Portuguese law.

If Kate put Madeleine's body into a wheelie bin on 3 May then by early September there was no way anyone was going to retrieve the cadaver.

Corrie McKeague.

Probably Ben Needham as well.

Further, Kate makes no mention of body retrieval in her book.  Just an admission of body occultation, as per the law.
What's up, old man?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #362 on: May 20, 2019, 12:20:21 PM »
There's no such requirement in Portuguese law.

If Kate put Madeleine's body into a wheelie bin on 3 May then by early September there was no way anyone was going to retrieve the cadaver.

Corrie McKeague.

Probably Ben Needham as well.

Further, Kate makes no mention of body retrieval in her book.  Just an admission of body occultation, as per the law.

I think you are talking utter rubbish and you won't have a cite

So a muderer could make up any story Re accidental death and say they occulted the body.... Then just get a two year suspended sentence... Obviously your claim is false

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #363 on: May 20, 2019, 12:45:03 PM »

So a muderer could make up any story Re accidental death and say they occulted the body.... Then just get a two year suspended sentence... Obviously your claim is false

Do I have a cite for something that is NOT in the law?   &%%6

parapono produced the relevant Portuguese law on this forum perhaps two years ago.  Feel free to go look it up.

Since Kate herself says the alleged deal was a maximum sentence of two years, you're obviously flying without wings.  Feel free to look that up too.

Body occultation with no body?  Maximum of 2 years, almost certainly suspended.

You are missing the key point in spectacular manner.  Supporters should be pouncing on this opportunity.  Quite why they haven't is a mystery.  Or perhaps not?
What's up, old man?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #364 on: May 20, 2019, 12:50:39 PM »
Do I have a cite for something that is NOT in the law?   &%%6

parapono produced the relevant Portuguese law on this forum perhaps two years ago.  Feel free to go look it up.

Since Kate herself says the alleged deal was a maximum sentence of two years, you're obviously flying without wings.  Feel free to look that up too.

Body occultation with no body?  Maximum of 2 years, almost certainly suspended.

You are missing the key point in spectacular manner.  Supporters should be pouncing on this opportunity.  Quite why they haven't is a mystery.  Or perhaps not?

As I said you wouldnt have a cite for your ridiculous claim.... So the court are not interested in the cause of death... That's ridiculous and must be wrong... But you do tend to make things up as you go along... IMO

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #365 on: May 20, 2019, 01:09:14 PM »
As I said you wouldnt have a cite for your ridiculous claim.... So the court are not interested in the cause of death... That's ridiculous and must be wrong... But you do tend to make things up as you go along... IMO

I've told you how and where to check.

Perhaps instead of insults you would have the decency to do so?  I'm not holding my breath.

How are you getting on with The Sun, by the way?  Tudo bem?
What's up, old man?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #366 on: May 20, 2019, 01:29:21 PM »
I've told you how and where to check.

Perhaps instead of insults you would have the decency to do so?  I'm not holding my breath.

How are you getting on with The Sun, by the way?  Tudo bem?

A post two years ago by parapono... Is not a cite..
You havent provided a cite so your claim is worthless

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #367 on: May 20, 2019, 02:27:39 PM »
A post two years ago by parapono... Is not a cite..
You havent provided a cite so your claim is worthless

It is a cite indeed.

AFAIK, parapono has been largely absent from the board for the last 2 years, so off you pop.

Or you could look up what Kate said in her book, equally easy.

Talk about empty cans...
What's up, old man?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #368 on: May 20, 2019, 04:00:52 PM »
It is a cite indeed.

AFAIK, parapono has been largely absent from the board for the last 2 years, so off you pop.

Or you could look up what Kate said in her book, equally easy.

Talk about empty cans...

I find you posts very child like

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #369 on: May 20, 2019, 04:45:59 PM »
I find you posts very child like

And roughly speaking, that sums you up.
What's up, old man?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #370 on: May 20, 2019, 06:37:38 PM »

My point exactly.  If it is true though then Portugal is even more of a LaLa Land than I ever previously thought possible. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #371 on: May 20, 2019, 06:42:58 PM »
Fortunately Parapono only made 24 posts and I have found the one pertaining to “body occultation “.  I have put it through google translate and it’s pretty clear to me that this law is about corpses that have already been legally buried or disposed of, not ones belonging to individuals who have mysteriously gone missing.  Here it is:

Desecration of corpse or burial place
1 - Who:
a) Without authorization of the right person, to subtract, destroy or hide corpse or part of it, or ashes
of deceased person;
b) Desecrating a corpse or part thereof, or ashes of a deceased person, by committing offensive acts
respect for the dead; or
c) Desecrate a place where a deceased person or monument stands erected in his memory, practicing
offensive acts of respect for the dead;
shall be punished with imprisonment for up to two years or with a fine of up to 240 days.
2 - The attempt is punishable

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #372 on: May 21, 2019, 06:26:35 PM »
sil got it totally wrong.. LOL..

Just what did I get wrong?

Up to two years, just as I said.

Bruce almighty.

When you are down and out, most people with common sense would give up trying to to fight.

Your choice.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 07:29:20 PM by Robittybob1 »
What's up, old man?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #373 on: May 21, 2019, 06:28:24 PM »
Just what did I get wrong?

Up to two years, just as I said.

Bruce almighty.

When you are down and out, most people with common sense would give up trying to to fight.

Your choice.

What did you get wrong... Just about everything... And you still don't realise

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #374 on: May 21, 2019, 07:32:20 PM »
How did your interview with The Sun go?

I haven't seen anything in the paper yet.

And I'm not holding my breath.

my reply has been deleted...