Author Topic: News and current affairs from the Portuguese Algarve.  (Read 220821 times)

Online Eleanor

Re: News and current affairs from the Portuguese Algarve.
« Reply #420 on: May 23, 2019, 02:57:32 PM »
I have explained already why that is a misinterpretation, and unless her lawyer was a dimwit, he should have realised the police did not have sufficient evidence to charge Kate with body occultation, let alone anything more serious.

The diligencies did not stop then.

I don't think The PJ are hot on having enough evidence, generally.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #421 on: May 23, 2019, 03:57:47 PM »
I don't think The PJ are hot on having enough evidence, generally.

Whereas I think they are hot on getting enough evidence where a case is to go to trial.

I have been following a long running, current murder case.  While it is fascinating, any connection to the MBM case is very limited, and we are already way-off topic.

Suffice it to say the PJ are being very diligent, and the suspects have not yet been beaten up.
What's up, old man?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #422 on: May 23, 2019, 09:40:26 PM »
It's hardly reasonable to search for a body that will never be found, nor to search for a live Madeleine after a confession of accidental death and body occultation, is it?
It most certainly is reasonable, especially not to take the word of the confessor who may be covering up a murder, or who may have made a false confession out of fear or exhaustion or coercion meaning that the child might still be alive and/or findable.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #423 on: May 24, 2019, 12:18:22 AM »
It most certainly is reasonable, especially not to take the word of the confessor who may be covering up a murder, or who may have made a false confession out of fear or exhaustion or coercion meaning that the child might still be alive and/or findable.

We are discussing a specific case, not some matter of principle.

The idea that Kate 'dunnit' and Madeleine was alive 4 months later is nonsense.

I have just watched the case of the Suffolk Strangler.  His approach, like Kate's, was 'no comment' to question after question i.e. no confession involved.
What's up, old man?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #424 on: May 24, 2019, 07:37:15 AM »
We are discussing a specific case, not some matter of principle.

The idea that Kate 'dunnit' and Madeleine was alive 4 months later is nonsense.

I have just watched the case of the Suffolk Strangler.  His approach, like Kate's, was 'no comment' to question after question i.e. no confession involved.
We are disussing a specific case and then you refer to another case, to liken Kate to the Suffolk Strangler.  &%%6
Tell me why the PJ should have accepted Kate’s confession of body occultation in order to wrap up the case after 4 months?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #425 on: May 24, 2019, 09:57:36 AM »
We are disussing a specific case and then you refer to another case, to liken Kate to the Suffolk Strangler.  &%%6
Tell me why the PJ should have accepted Kate’s confession of body occultation in order to wrap up the case after 4 months?

Because the method of disposal would have been the wheelie bins, and 4 months on a body would never have been found.  Simple.
What's up, old man?

Offline sadie

« Reply #426 on: May 24, 2019, 10:35:28 AM »
Because the method of disposal would have been the wheelie bins, and 4 months on a body would never have been found.  Simple.

is THAT in YOUR OPINION?   

Or do you have some proof?

This is the stuff that malicious rumours are made of i.m.o.

Offline sadie

« Reply #427 on: May 24, 2019, 10:54:43 AM »
Whereas I think they are hot on getting enough evidence where a case is to go to trial.

I have been following a long running, current murder case.  While it is fascinating, any connection to the MBM case is very limited, and we are already way-off topic.

Suffice it to say the PJ are being very diligent, and the suspects have not yet been beaten up.
- Like the 'evidence' that Joana C. came home  to find her Mums brother having sex with her Mum  … so they had to kill her?
- Like the 'evidence' that Joana C.s blood was in the fridge … yet they didn't test it and didn't even know if it was blood from a joint of meat.  They bred pigs fgs.  Is that evidence?
- Then there is the so called 'evidence' that Joana C.s remains were in a carrier bag, being carried by Joao, to (feed the pigs IIRC).  Nobody knew what was in those bags … probably kitchen remains and slops from  the family meals to feed the pigs.

Just make believe .   Imagined up stuff.   Disgusting

If that level of so called evidence satisfies you, SIL, thank goodness you are not a judge

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #428 on: May 24, 2019, 10:57:50 AM »
is THAT in YOUR OPINION?   

Or do you have some proof?

This is the stuff that malicious rumours are made of i.m.o.

No, it's not IMO.

You need to go back to the start of my conversation with VS, where I made it very clear to guests that I was not discussing my beliefs or opinions, merely examining one possibility, concerning body occultation.

The moderators seem happy enough to let the exchange continue.

But if you consider that's not good enough, use the report to moderator button to flag it up to the moderators.

It fits in the context of the discussion thus far.

An abductor could have used the same solution to body occultation, but with the benefit of a 12 year head-start rather than 4 months.
What's up, old man?

Offline barrier

« Reply #429 on: May 24, 2019, 10:59:50 AM »
- Like the 'evidence' that Joana C. came home  to find her Mums brother having sex with her Mum  … so they had to kill her?
- Like the 'evidence' that Joana C.s blood was in the fridge … yet they didn't test it and didn't even know if it was blood from a joint of meat.  They bred pigs fgs.  Is that evidence?
- Then there is the so called 'evidence' that Joana C.s remains were in a carrier bag, being carried by Joao, to (feed the pigs IIRC).  Nobody knew what was in those bags … probably kitchen remains and slops from  the family meals to feed the pigs.

If that level of so called evidence satisfies you, SIL, thank goodness you are not a judge

Its the real world sadie,There a school of thought that Charlenne Downes body was cut up and served as kebab,its been on Channel 5 over three nights this week,there are wicked people out there.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline barrier

« Reply #430 on: May 24, 2019, 11:03:54 AM »
No, it's not IMO.

You need to go back to the start of my conversation with VS, where I made it very clear to guests that I was not discussing my beliefs or opinions, merely examining one possibility, concerning body occultation.

The moderators seem happy enough to let the exchange continue.

But if you consider that's not good enough, use the report to moderator button to flag it up to the moderators.

It fits in the context of the discussion thus far.

An abductor could have used the same solution to body occultation, but with the benefit of a 12 year head-start rather than 4 months.

A days head start is all that was needed imo.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #431 on: May 24, 2019, 11:09:23 AM »

Again, you have got entirely the wrong end of the stick, so I would be grateful if you read the conversation, rather taking posts out of context.

I am not au fait with the Cipriano case, therefore I am not willing to discuss it.

The case I mentioned was a current murder case, as I made clear, about which a lot has been published, and the evidence shows that the PJ have been very diligent.

I would also be grateful if you cut your insult.
What's up, old man?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #432 on: May 24, 2019, 01:24:41 PM »
both of your points are assumptions and neither explains why the police should accept the confessor’s account as the truth of the matter without any further investigation. 

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #433 on: May 24, 2019, 01:40:13 PM »
both of your points are assumptions and neither explains why the police should accept the confessor’s account as the truth of the matter without any further investigation.

Corrie McKeague.

Maleah Davis.

No evidence in MBM's case that would have stood up in court.

That's why Kate's lawyer was asked to explain that in Portugal body occultation is punishable by 2 years max, which in most instances is suspended.

Voamos em contramão.  We're going round in circles.
What's up, old man?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #434 on: May 24, 2019, 01:44:38 PM »
Corrie McKeague.

Maleah Davis.

No evidence in MBM's case that would have stood up in court.

That's why Kate's lawyer was asked to explain that in Portugal body occultation is punishable by 2 years max, which in most instances is suspended.

Voamos em contramão.  We're going round in circles.
Yes we are because of your steadfast defence of the PJ in this matter and my contention that only an incompetent and / or lazy police force would be so eager to abandon an investigation into the disappearance of a young child as a result of the unsupported confession of the child’s mother.  Where is Gerry in all this?   Not guilty of anything at all if the confession leaves him out of it!