Author Topic: News and current affairs from the Portuguese Algarve.  (Read 220876 times)

Online Eleanor

Re: News and current affairs from the Portuguese Algarve.
« Reply #570 on: March 25, 2020, 05:50:54 PM »
Probably all ignorant drunken Brits (thought I would save SIL the job of making that observation).

What are we to do?  Personally, I am scared witless.  I am not going anywhere.  But my son who does my shopping actually lives with me.

Yes.  I really am frightened.  I could be dead in six weeks time.  And I don't want to die just yet.

But it all amounts to the same thing no matter where you live.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #571 on: March 25, 2020, 05:56:30 PM »
What are we to do?  Personally, I am scared witless.  I am not going anywhere.  But my son who does my shopping actually lives with me.

Yes.  I really am frightened.  I could be dead in six weeks time.  And I don't want to die just yet.

But it all amounts to the same thing no matter where you live.
My parents are terrified too.  I worry that I will never see them again. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Online Eleanor

« Reply #572 on: March 25, 2020, 06:05:53 PM »
Probably all ignorant drunken Brits (thought I would save SIL the job of making that observation).

I suspect that SIL has never seen the more Up Market side of The Algarve.

I was shocked by how very Down Market is Praia de Luz by comparison.

I don't know what this has to do with Money.  I would never have spent a holiday in such an awful place.

Did this alone make it more easy to steal a child?

Online Eleanor

« Reply #573 on: March 25, 2020, 06:18:50 PM »
My parents are terrified too.  I worry that I will never see them again.

Bloody Hell.  I am worried that I might never see me again either.  Which is a possibility.  This is, if only briefly. A Plague.

I am currently locked up and not going anywhere.  But this won't necessarily save me.

I can only hope that I will survive.  But I am not putting too much hope on anyone else actually caring about me.

We are all on our own.  But then we always have been.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #574 on: March 25, 2020, 06:22:25 PM »
Bloody Hell.  I am worried that I might never see me again either.  Which is a possibility.  This is, if only briefly. A Plague.

I am currently locked up and not going anywhere.  But this won't necessarily save me.

I can only hope that I will survive.  But I am not putting too much hope on anyone else actually caring about me.

We are all on our own.  But then we always have been.
Your son is looking after you isn’t he?  He’d better be!
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Online Eleanor

« Reply #575 on: March 25, 2020, 06:36:31 PM »
Your son is looking after you isn’t he?  He’d better be!

Yes he is looking after me.  But he is a bit of a dick head.  He thinks he is never going to get It.  He never did quite get the Herd Thing.  He is Speshul, and only him shall be.  However, I suppose that he could be right.

Some of us will survive this and some of us won't.  I'll let you all know if I die.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #576 on: March 25, 2020, 06:42:45 PM »
Yes he is looking after me.  But he is a bit of a dick head.  He thinks he is never going to get It.  He never did quite get the Herd Thing.  He is Speshul, and only him shall be.  However, I suppose that he could be right.

Some of us will survive this and some of us won't.  I'll let you all know if I die.
Please do x

Online Eleanor

« Reply #577 on: March 25, 2020, 07:11:27 PM »
Please do x

It's actually quite amazing.  Have you noticed how many Celebrities who are at Death's Door can tell you how they feel in the grip of this Killer?

So why should I not let you know that I died?

Actually, I am going to have to talk to The Dick Head about this.  Love him to bits, by the way.

Please can you tell The Forum that I died.  What a hoot.

And don't any of you bloody well dare say how wonderful I was.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #578 on: March 25, 2020, 07:54:24 PM »
It's actually quite amazing.  Have you noticed how many Celebrities who are at Death's Door can tell you how they feel in the grip of this Killer?

Actually, I am going to have to talk to The Dick Head about this.  Love him to bits, by the way.

My daughter panicked today because she had missed calls on her phone from a withheld number and she thought it might be because a family member was ill. I got calls to see if it was me. Even if one of us were to fall ill, no-one could visit if we ended up in hospital. We truly are alone. It's all down to luck now.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Online Eleanor

« Reply #579 on: March 25, 2020, 08:11:59 PM »
My daughter panicked today because she had missed calls on her phone from a withheld number and she thought it might be because a family member was ill. I got calls to see if it was me. Even if one of us were to fall ill, no-one could visit if we ended up in hospital. We truly are alone. It's all down to luck now.

This is not the end of The World.  It is largely common sense and nothing much to do with Luck.  Just stay away from people.  It will pass.

I watched the video about Eyham,  It was really good.  But not necessarily a good idea at the moment.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #580 on: March 25, 2020, 08:21:20 PM »

No chance of that Eleanor

(only joking of course xx)

And anyway, you’re not going to kick the bucket anytime soon, it’s not allowed.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #581 on: March 25, 2020, 09:02:15 PM »
No chance of that Eleanor

(only joking of course xx)

And anyway, you’re not going to kick the bucket anytime soon, it’s not allowed.

Phew.  That was a relief.  Either, Or.

Xcuse me God,  Vertigo Swirl says that I am NOT dying....  Oh really.  Tough Shit.  Your God....

Can I have another God?  I don't mind which one....  Nope.  I am The Only God.... Well, I'll tell you what, I don't believe that.  Every idiot believes that.  Ask Davel.  He knows that's not true.  Even Rob knows it's not true and he's Down Under.  Are You a Dog perchance?

Ah Ha.  O'Connor The Dachshund.  That's why.  But perhaps better not to pursue this as it is getting into the realms of Blasphemy.

Offline Anthro

« Reply #582 on: March 25, 2020, 09:15:36 PM »
Our lockdown for 21 days starts at midnight tomorrow. I took my elderly Dad to the coast for a meeting, some 900 km from our home. We made our way back today and were in the midst of madness. People panic buying, negligent drivers disobeying basic traffic laws despite the military and police been deployed to monitor things, hundreds of trucks travelling between Johannesburg and Cape Town with food supplies. We crossed four province borders on our way home. At the most vulnerable border, the Eastern Cape, we had a medical road block and everyone’s temperature were taken to ensure we were competent/able to get home uninflected. If one’s temperature was 37.2 and higher, you would be put in an emergency ambulance, taking you to the closest medical facility for a proper screening. Just sharing. Thank you.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 10:57:39 PM by Anthro »

Offline puglove

« Reply #583 on: March 25, 2020, 09:24:26 PM »

If you die before me, please can I have O'Connor?

Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #584 on: March 25, 2020, 09:24:38 PM »
Our lockdown for 21 days starts at midnight tomorrow. I took my elderly Dad to the coast for a meeting, some 900 km from our home. We made our way back today and were in the midst of madness. People panic buying, negligent drivers disobeying basic traffic laws despite the military and police been deployed to monitor things, hundreds of trucks travelling between Johannesburg and Cape Town with food supplies. We crossed four province borders on our home. At the most vulnerable border, the Eastern Cape, we had a medical road block and everyone’s temperature were taken to ensure we were competent/able to get hom uninflected. If one’s temperature was 37.2 and higher, you would be put in an emergency ambulance, taking you to the closest medical facility for a proper screening. Just sharing. Thank you.

It hasn't got that bad here. But then no one is going out.  The French are being very sensible.  Stay away from people and only one person to any car.