Author Topic: Eye scanners being used to search for missing children.  (Read 49847 times)

stephen25000

Re: Eye scanners being used to search for missing children.
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2015, 10:03:29 PM »
who suggested that...I would imagine Gerry was very pleased with it...in advertising it would be described as a good marketing ploy

and just as as effective as the Aussies were today. 8)-)))

Offline mercury

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2015, 10:03:54 PM »
who suggested that...I would imagine Gerry was very pleased with it...in advertising it would be described as a good marketing ploy

a) How can that be if "they didn't put too much emphasis" on it (the eye defect) according to Kate Mccann

b) How can a poster campaign with a big "LOOK" on it featuring the eye, in appeals and at press  conferences, or the close up of the eye on the official website, early on, and other actions be called "not emphasising"?

c) Google marketing ploy

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2015, 10:06:27 PM »

a) How can that be if "they didn't put too much emphasis" on it (the eye defect) according to Kate Mccann

b) How can a poster campaign with a big "LOOK" on it featuring the eye, in appeals and at press  conferences, or the close up of the eye on the official website, early on, and other actions be called "not emphasising"?

c) Google marketing ploy

cite

Offline mercury

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2015, 10:29:37 PM »
cite

Why, do you think it's a case of "you're just making things up"?

@)(++(*

MORGAN: Madeleine had a very distinctive eye pattern, didn't she? Tell me about that, Kate, in case people see somebody they think may be Madeleine. Tell me about her eye.

K. MCCANN: If I'm honest, we haven't put too much emphasis on her eye, because I think you have to be very close to her to see it. But her eyes are slightly different colors, and one of them has this brown fleck in it. But you do notice, particularly on photographs, but --

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1105/11/pmt.01.html

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2015, 10:50:22 PM »
so when did they use the word coloboma

'The 'family' (who surely should have known) told The Lancet;

The McCann family has asked health professionals to look out for Madeleine McCann, a 4-year-old English girl with a coloboma of her right iris, who was abducted while on holiday in Praia Da Luz, Portugal, on May 3, 2007

Gerald McCann spoke to Piers Morgan. Technical term? Didn't think it was? A layperson might say that, but a doctor? Did they never have it checked when they noticed it, knowing there could be complications? Really?;

G. MCCANN: Certainly believe it wouldn't have changed. I think there's been a pattern to be still there. That it's -- the technical term is coloboma, where there's a defect in the iris. I don't think it is actually. I think it's actually an additional bit of color. She certainly had no visual problems.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline sadie

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2015, 11:34:47 PM »

c) Google marketing ploy

I expect that they did not want Madeleine to be self conscious about it, so they tried in normal life not to put any emphasis on it.

Offline mercury

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2015, 11:40:16 PM »
I expect that they did not want Madeleine to be self conscious about it, so they tried in normal life not to put any emphasis on it.

NO Sadie, this was about the search campaign, not their everyday normal life before, honestly

Offline sadie

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2015, 11:50:54 PM »
NO Sadie, this was about the search campaign, not their everyday normal life before, honestly
You dont know that mercury.

Offline mercury

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2015, 11:53:24 PM »
You dont know that mercury.

Just read back to the CNN interview, YES I DO know that

MORGAN: Madeleine had a very distinctive eye pattern, didn't she? Tell me about that, Kate, in case people see somebody they think may be Madeleine. Tell me about her eye.

K. MCCANN: If I'm honest, we haven't put too much emphasis on her eye, because I think you have to be very close to her to see it. But her eyes are slightly different colors, and one of them has this brown fleck in it. But you do notice, particularly on photographs, but --

Offline sadie

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2015, 12:19:43 AM »
Just read back to the CNN interview, YES I DO know that

That proves nothing.

You said, "NO Sadie, this was about the search campaign, not their everyday normal life before, honestly"

I repeat "You dont know that". 

They may have consciously made little of her eye before because they didn'y want to upset her.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2015, 07:21:18 AM »
That proves nothing.

You said, "NO Sadie, this was about the search campaign, not their everyday normal life before, honestly"

I repeat "You dont know that". 

They may have consciously made little of her eye before because they didn'y want to upset her.

Kate said it was because you have to be very close to her to see it. The problem is that if it wasn't as obvious as people were led to believe by the McCann's early poster campaign, someone could have seen her and dismissed the sighting because there was no obvious coloboma. Oh dear!
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2015, 07:25:42 AM »
Kate said it was because you have to be very close to her to see it. The problem is that if it wasn't as obvious as people were led to believe by the McCann's early poster campaign, someone could have seen her and dismissed the sighting because there was no obvious coloboma. Oh dear!

trying to make something out of nothing again....how many of the reported sightings mentioned a coloboma...none..
so no sightings were dismissed

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2015, 07:46:52 AM »
trying to make something out of nothing again....how many of the reported sightings mentioned a coloboma...none..
so no sightings were dismissed

Yes they did;

The woman who reported the sighting said she immediately thought of Madeleine when the young blond-haired girl came into her store with a man on New Year's Eve.

"She had the same eye defect as Madeleine. Only a very small percentage of the population have that and I was just staring at it the whole time to the point I forgot what they had purchased.

"As soon as they left, I looked up an image online to see which eye it was and it was the same eye," she said.

Madeleine has a blemish on her right eye called a coloboma of the iris. Figures suggest it occurs in about 0.007 per cent of the population.
http://www.mccannfiles.com/id427.html
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2015, 07:53:30 AM »
Yes they did;

The woman who reported the sighting said she immediately thought of Madeleine when the young blond-haired girl came into her store with a man on New Year's Eve.

"She had the same eye defect as Madeleine. Only a very small percentage of the population have that and I was just staring at it the whole time to the point I forgot what they had purchased.

"As soon as they left, I looked up an image online to see which eye it was and it was the same eye," she said.

Madeleine has a blemish on her right eye called a coloboma of the iris. Figures suggest it occurs in about 0.007 per cent of the population.
http://www.mccannfiles.com/id427.html

did bushra have an eye defect

stephen25000

« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2015, 07:55:27 AM »
did bushra have an eye defect

Have you been taking Sadie's pointers as facts ?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 08:54:47 AM by stephen25000 »