Author Topic: MADELEINE'S DNA - definitive study.  (Read 54124 times)

Offline Robittybob1

MADELEINE'S DNA - definitive study.
« on: January 02, 2017, 08:32:53 AM »
It is time we knew the facts about MADELEINE'S DNA  http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MADELEINES_DNA.htm#oa1v1p269

Can we get to understand how DNA analysis works and what the results meant?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 10:38:22 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline John

Re: MADELEINE'S DNA - definitive study.
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 01:15:58 AM »
It is time we knew the facts about MADELEINE'S DNA  http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MADELEINES_DNA.htm#oa1v1p269

Unless the body of a child is ever found in PdL I don't see the relevance Rob?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 02:06:51 AM »
Unless the body of a child is ever found in PdL I don't see the relevance Rob?
You could be right.  Any study setting out to understand DNA analysis is going to be a headache at best.  I don't know if I can make it relevant.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Carana

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 05:14:28 PM »

What is it that you don't find clear?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 05:41:24 PM »
What is it that you don't find clear?
I have yet to really immerse myself into the study of the DNA, but yesterday I noted there were reports that
samples yielded fully matched to Madeleine's DNA but I have a feeling this was later proven wrong. 
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 05:49:36 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Carana

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2017, 01:23:48 AM »
I have yet to really immerse myself into the study of the DNA, but yesterday I noted there were reports that
samples yielded fully matched to Madeleine's DNA but I have a feeling this was later proven wrong.

I haven't found anything odd about the reports concerning her DNA.

The only thing I found somewhat disconcerting was that Amaral seemingly didn't understand them.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2017, 07:03:56 PM »
"Of these 19 components 15 are present within the result from this item; there are 37 components in total. There are 37 components because there are at least 3 contributors; but there could be up to five contributors. In my opinion therefore this result is too complex for meaningful interpretation/inclusion."

Why didn't they get the DNA profiles of everyone who used that hire car after 27 May 2007? e.g. Sandy Cameron, Michael Wright etc.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2017, 07:10:48 PM »
"Of these 19 components 15 are present within the result from this item; there are 37 components in total. There are 37 components because there are at least 3 contributors; but there could be up to five contributors. In my opinion therefore this result is too complex for meaningful interpretation/inclusion."

Why didn't they get the DNA profiles of everyone who used that hire car after 27 May 2007? e.g. Sandy Cameron, Michael Wright etc.
May I ask why this is restricted to those using the hire car after 27 May 2007? 

The car must have been used by people before that, as its life-cycle as a hire car ran out during the period the McCanns had it.  Quite possibly the DNA involves those doing the hiring out and those cleaning the car between rentals.

Quite a bit of unravelling would be required to work out what actually went on re those results.
What's up, old man?

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2017, 07:21:07 PM »
May I ask why this is restricted to those using the hire car after 27 May 2007? 

The car must have been used by people before that, as its life-cycle as a hire car ran out during the period the McCanns had it.  Quite possibly the DNA involves those doing the hiring out and those cleaning the car between rentals.

Quite a bit of unravelling would be required to work out what actually went on re those results.

It's the obvious place to start when 15 components matched the missing child.

"Within the DNA profile of Madeline McCann there are 20 DNA components represented by 19 peaks on a chart. At one of the areas of DNA we routinely examine Madeleine has inherited the same DNA component from both parents; this appears therefore as 1 peak rather than 2, hence 19 rather than 20. Of these 19 components 15 are present within the result from this item; there are 37 components in total." John Lowe

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JOHN_LOWE.htm
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 07:26:36 PM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2017, 07:34:52 PM »

"Within the DNA profile of Madeline McCann there are 20 DNA components represented by 19 peaks on a chart. At one of the areas of DNA we routinely examine Madeleine has inherited the same DNA component from both parents; this appears therefore as 1 peak rather than 2, hence 19 rather than 20. Of these 19 components 15 are present within the result from this item; there are 37 components in total." John Lowe

How would adding more people simplify the problem? 
Moderation

ferryman

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2017, 04:22:07 PM »

Also in that mix is likely to have been DNA from Madeleine's parents and her twin siblings, all with very similar profiles and a large number of matching components with components of Madeleine's DNA.

No mystery at all.

And not remotely indicative of Madeleine's physical presence in the vehicle

Offline jassi

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2017, 06:30:57 PM »
Individual profiles might be quite different - eg between Kate & Gerry, but yes, they should contain matching components within Madeleine's DNA.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2017, 06:51:18 PM »
Individual profiles might be quite different - eg between Kate & Gerry, but yes, they should contain matching components within Madeleine's DNA.
But did they?  Was it confirmed that Madeleine was the biological daughter of Kate and Gerry McCann?
Moderation

ferryman

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2017, 06:55:01 PM »
But did they?  Was it confirmed that Madeleine was the biological daughter of Kate and Gerry McCann?

Oh, for goodness' sake, yes!

ferryman

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2017, 07:00:54 PM »

Re: Abduction of Madeleine McCann on 3rd May 2007

A DNA profile has been obtained from the reference samples of Kate HEALY
(51162896) and Gerald McCANN (51162897).

A DNA profile has also been obtained from a pillowcase (SJM/1).

DNA profiling reveals a series of bands, half of which a child inherits from their
natural mother (maternal) and half of which inherits from their natural father
(paternal)

In this case, all of the bands present in the prof - e of abtained from the pillowcase are
represented in the combined profiles of Kate HEALY and Gerald McCANN. This is
what I would expect to find if the profile obtained from the pillowcase originated from
a natural child of theirs.

The results of the DNA profile obtained from the pillowcase is approximately 29
million times more likely if the profile originates form a natural child of theirs rather
than someone unrelated to them.

In my opinion, the results detailed above provide extremely strong support for the
view that the profile obtained from the pillowcase originated from a natural child of
Kate HEALY and GERALD McCANN.

Please note: I understand that the McCANN's have a second female child. It
therefore remains a formal possibility that the DNA on the pillowcase could
have originated from her as the genetics would be in keeping with those
described above.

The (slight) doubt was resolved easily, by taking Ameille's DNA and comparing it with the profile from the pillowcase.

The profiles were different, confirming they had Madeleine's DNA.