Author Topic: Madeleine McCann's parents dismiss astonishing attack from 'selfie queen'  (Read 2761 times)

Offline The Singularity

The parents of Madeleine McCann have dismissed an astonishing attack from Rochdale's 'selfie queen' Karen Danczuk.

The estranged wife of MP Simon Danczuk accused Kate and Gerry McCann of “having guilt” for leaving their children alone, the Mirror reports .

She tweeted about claims that Karen Matthews, who faked her daughter Shannon’s kidnap in 2008, tried to con the McCanns out of £25,000.

Danczuk said: “Anyone who says McCanns are innocent, just remember they left 3 children under the age of 4 alone to go out. Either Way they have guilt! KD”

Manchester Evening News Link

Offline The Singularity

McCanns 'could sue' Karen Danczuk over Twitter rant saying pair "have guilt" as 10th anniversary approaches

The Sun Link

Offline The Singularity

I think it's interesting to note hear that Mr and Mrs McCann were prepared to help Karen Matthews with money when it was believed her daughter had gone missing. And by a substantial amount.

That does tend to suggest that not only they are generous but also sympathized with her apparent predicament that was all too familiar to them and wanted to help. Luckily the police advised them not to as I assume they were already very suspicious of Karen

stephen25000

Already known.

Offline The Singularity

Already known.

Do you not think that it is relevant that they were prepared to help Karen Matthews?

stephen25000

Do you not think that it is relevant that they were prepared to help Karen Matthews?

Not especially.

Just PR.

Offline The Singularity

Not especially.

Just PR.

Fair enough, although it's not PR as such if the intention was there and it hasn't been released to the public knowledge until now. That does tend to suggest their motives were honourable

stephen25000

Fair enough, although it's not PR as such if the intention was there and it hasn't been released to the public knowledge until now. That does tend to suggest their motives were honourable

...and that was released after the Supreme Court Decision, and increased antipathy for the McCann's.

Offline Brietta

It seems there is a sub strata of wannabees and never quite made its who assume that the way to achieve the publicity they so obviously crave is to exploit Madeleine McCann to do so.

If they imagine they may resurrect moribund careers which in almost all cases were less than glowing even in their hey day, I think they may have miscalculated.

It is entirely their choice if they wish to be associated and mentioned in the same breath with a person like Karen Matthews ... but I doubt there are many people who matter to them who do.

I think in this particular case "all publicity is good publicity" is a misnomer.  Particularly if the reason for their outburst is so transparently self centred and venal.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Robittybob1

...and that was released after the Supreme Court Decision, and increased antipathy for the McCann's.

In fact the Supreme Court Decision was also designed to increase the antipathy for the McCanns.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

stephen25000

It seems there is a sub strata of wannabees and never quite made its who assume that the way to achieve the publicity they so obviously crave is to exploit Madeleine McCann to do so.

If they imagine they may resurrect moribund careers which in almost all cases were less than glowing even in their hey day, I think they may have miscalculated.

It is entirely their choice if they wish to be associated and mentioned in the same breath with a person like Karen Matthews ... but I doubt there are many people who matter to them who do.

I think in this particular case "all publicity is good publicity" is a misnomer.  Particularly if the reason for their outburst is so transparently self centred and venal.

The newspapers exploit the case, and of course, the loveable 'sun' newspaper paid for the serialisation rights.

Then let's not forget Summers and Swan, who attempted to cash in on the case, as well.

stephen25000

In fact the Supreme Court Decision was also designed to increase the antipathy for the McCanns.

Have you forgotten, that it was the Mccann's who took Amaral to court.

Doh.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 04:54:59 PM by stephen25000 »

Offline slartibartfast

Interesting first paragraph.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Robittybob1

Have you forgotten, that it was the Mccann's who took Amaral to court.

Dog.
Just to remind you the McCanns didn't write the Supreme Court judgement.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

stephen25000

Just to remind you the McCanns didn't write the Supreme Court judgement.

Are you for real ?