Author Topic: The timeline and events following Madeleine McCann's disappearance.  (Read 5692 times)

Offline jassi

Re: The timeline and events following Madeleine McCann's disappearance.
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2017, 11:18:40 AM »
Are you predicting the McCanns wont go to the ECHR?
If the McCanns can get some victory there and some compensation from Portugal that might make them feel it is over.

They have no guarantee of victory and even if it were to come about it could almost a decade in the future.

In the meantime the McCann v Amaral case is over.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline John

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2017, 11:24:48 AM »
It would be useful Rob if you introduced an index within your opening post and update it as events are noted.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2017, 11:53:31 AM »
Are you predicting the McCanns wont go to the ECHR?
If the McCanns can get some victory there and some compensation from Portugal that might make them feel it is over.

I am not predicting anything. Whatever happens in the ECHR, should matters proceed that far, is irrelevant to the outcome of teh case just tried. That case is over and closed.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2017, 11:55:47 AM »
When did the first person read the manuscript of the book Amaral wrote?  That is a date I want in my timeline.

How do you propose to find that date?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline jassi

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2017, 12:07:16 PM »
I am not predicting anything. Whatever happens in the ECHR, should matters proceed that far, is irrelevant to the outcome of teh case just tried. That case is over and closed.

It sure is a struggle to get this message across.  Almost as if people have their fingers in their ears.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2017, 12:44:25 PM »
It sure is a struggle to get this message across.  Almost as if people have their fingers in their ears.

The McCann's supporters have invested much time and effort attacking Amaral and his thesis, accusing others of 'being fooled' by 'Amaral's lies' and predicting his downfall in the libel trial. I expect it will take time to sink in that;

Amaral's thesis is as valid as the McCann's thesis.
People didn't question the McCann's thesis because of what Amaral wrote in his book.
It was the downfall of the McCanns which occurred, not that of Amaral.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2017, 12:45:27 PM »
Publish from Old French puplier, from Latin pūblicāre to make public.

Libel is a published false statement that is damaging to a person's reputation.

So it didn't matter until it was published.

Before the usual suspects start, Amaral's book was about what the Investigation thought not the guilt or innocence of anyone. Hence they were not false statements.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline jassi

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2017, 12:53:41 PM »
The McCann's supporters have invested much time and effort attacking Amaral and his thesis, accusing others of 'being fooled' by 'Amaral's lies' and predicting his downfall in the libel trial. I expect it will take time to sink in that;

Amaral's thesis is as valid as the McCann's thesis.
People didn't question the McCann's thesis because of what Amaral wrote in his book.
It was the downfall of the McCanns which occurred, not that of Amaral.

Indeed, and to no avail.  All that time and effort completely wasted.

Or maybe not -

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2017, 03:30:38 PM »
It would be useful Rob if you introduced an index within your opening post and update it as events are noted.
I was wondering how to handle this aspect.  Thanks John.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2017, 04:21:05 PM »

Before the usual suspects start, Amaral's book was about what the Investigation thought not the guilt or innocence of anyone. Hence they were not false statements.

Has he found a publisher willing to publish and distribute his theory in the UK?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2017, 04:27:39 PM »
Indeed, and to no avail.  All that time and effort completely wasted.
Not when Madeleine is finally found it won't be.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2017, 04:39:18 PM »

"Libel is a written or published defamatory statement, ...."  written or published.  To me that means as soon as it is written it is a problem, and really it is only known to have been written if someone has read it.
So as soon as the first person reads Amaral's book we know it is definitely written, the publishing of it occurs later and intensifies the libel.
Moderation

Online Eleanor

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2017, 04:52:51 PM »
Has he found a publisher willing to publish and distribute his theory in the UK?

Absolutely no chance.  And no British publisher would take it on anyway when it would only be bought by a hard core pocket of really nasty people.  There is no profit in this.

stephen25000

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2017, 07:28:25 PM »
Not when Madeleine is finally found it won't be.

What happens if she is never found Rob ?

Online Eleanor

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2017, 07:34:12 PM »

What happens if she is never found Rob ?

It will all be much more interesting if she is.