Author Topic: So what now, post Supreme Court decisions?  (Read 79598 times)

ferryman

Re: So what now, post Supreme Court decisions?
« Reply #795 on: April 15, 2017, 10:51:42 PM »
The 'Portuguese' as in Amaral, the judges or the whole nation?

No-one won anything. The McCanns made accusations against Amaral but were unable to prove them in court. Unlike the UK newspapers he refused to back off and settle out of court. Perhaps because he knew the law and knew he hadn't done anything wrong?

The McCanns set the record straight (according to known facts, including those known by the McCanns) about the disappearance of their daughter.

And might, in passing, have it plain that they had a not particularly high opinion of the person who (first) led the (flawed) initial investigation into Madeleine's disappearance.

Scarcely a preface that justified the wholesale and unwarranted onslaught against the couple, unleashed by Amaral in his book.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #796 on: April 16, 2017, 01:48:16 AM »
What didn't?
That he was allowed to break the Code of Reserve even if he was retired.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #797 on: April 16, 2017, 08:06:52 AM »
That he was allowed to break the Code of Reserve even if he was retired.

The case wasn't covered by Judicial Secrecy once archived;

it is hardly understandable that an employee, even more a retired one, would have to keep said duties of secrecy and reserve, thus being limited in the exercise of his right to an opinion, concerning the interpretation of facts that were already made public by the judiciary authority, and widely debated (in fact, largely by initiative of the intervenients themselves) in the national and international media.
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=7153.0
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #798 on: April 16, 2017, 09:25:27 AM »

it is hardly understandable that an employee, even more a retired one, would have to keep said duties of secrecy and reserve, thus being limited in the exercise of his right to an opinion, concerning the interpretation of facts that were already made public by the judiciary authority, and widely debated (in fact, largely by initiative of the intervenients themselves) in the national and international media.
All of that is debatable
I don't think the duty of reserve expires.
The facts had not been disclosed at the time the book was published. (for sufficient time at least).
These issues had not been widely debated in the media.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

stephen25000

« Reply #799 on: April 16, 2017, 09:26:46 AM »
All of that is debatable
I don't think the duty of reserve expires.
The facts had not been disclosed at the time the book was published. (for sufficient time at least).
These issues had not been widely debated in the media.

Yes, the facts had been disclosed.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #800 on: April 16, 2017, 09:28:11 AM »
Yes, the facts had been disclosed.
A matter of days?
Moderation

Offline jassi

« Reply #801 on: April 16, 2017, 09:30:57 AM »
A matter of days?

Would it have made a difference if it had been  weeks rather than days?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 09:42:02 AM by jassi »
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

stephen25000

« Reply #802 on: April 16, 2017, 09:37:07 AM »
A matter of days?

You aren't that naive.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #803 on: April 16, 2017, 10:19:46 AM »
You aren't that naive.
I might be ignorant.  Is ignorance an excuse?
  Well how long had the files been released when he wrote is book?
Moderation

Offline jassi

« Reply #804 on: April 16, 2017, 10:23:10 AM »
I might be ignorant.  Is ignorance an excuse?
  Well how long had the files been released when he wrote is book?

Is it of any importance ?
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #805 on: April 16, 2017, 10:30:37 AM »
Is it of any importance ?
Does it make a mockery of the SC judgement?  "it is hardly understandable that an employee, even more a retired one, would have to keep said duties of secrecy and reserve, thus being limited in the exercise of his right to an opinion, concerning the interpretation of facts that were already made public by the judiciary authority,and widely debated    (in fact, largely by initiative of the intervenients themselves) in the national and international media.
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=7153.0"

If they were just released they can't  be widely debated.
Moderation

Offline jassi

« Reply #806 on: April 16, 2017, 10:32:52 AM »
Does it make a mockery of the SC judgement? "it is hardly understandable that an employee, even more a retired one, would have to keep said duties of secrecy and reserve, thus being limited in the exercise of his right to an opinion, concerning the interpretation of facts that were already made public by the judiciary authority,and widely debated    (in fact, largely by initiative of the intervenients themselves) in the national and international media.
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=7153.0"

If they were just released they can't  be widely debated.

It's all over - done and dusted  - cannot be reversed.  Accept and move on,

Or maybe not -

ferryman

« Reply #807 on: April 16, 2017, 10:33:49 AM »

Except that your commentary on the passage misses the point of the passage.

As far as I can see, the point being made by the judges, there, is not so much to dispute that Amaral breached judicial secrecy; rather that he was under no obligation to keep it (because he quit the PJ before he wrote his book)

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #808 on: April 16, 2017, 10:34:39 AM »
So you say I'm right, but I should move on.
Moderation

ferryman

« Reply #809 on: April 16, 2017, 10:36:12 AM »

Justice is always worth fighting for, particularly when a patent injustice has been done.