Author Topic: Former McCann PI "Who is protecting Maddie's kidnapper?"  (Read 77180 times)

Offline The Singularity

Former McCann PI "Who is protecting Maddie's kidnapper?"
« on: March 27, 2017, 11:03:48 AM »
Who is protecting Maddie's kidnapper?

That is the question being asked by former police officer and more recently a McCann private detective who spent three years probing the disappearance claims that her alleged abductor may have confessed to a friend that Madeleine McCann could still be alive!

Detective Dave Edgar believes the abductor confided in a friend or relative.

He was hired to investigate after Portuguese police archived the 2007 case.

Edgar believes Madeleine, who would be turning 14 in May, could still be alive.

Daily Mail Link

« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 03:59:54 PM by John »

Offline The Singularity

Re: Former McCann PI "Who is protecting Maddie's kidnapper?"
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 11:11:34 AM »
I do think as we get closer to May 3rd, the press will likely have pieces like this. It doesn't really shed any further light and is just an opinion piece from David Edgar.

stephen25000

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 12:33:35 PM »
Ah yes, the unsubstantiated kidnapper/abductor/burglar.

What is evident, as Edgar's record shows, he and Cowley found zip.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2017, 12:41:28 PM »
I do think as we get closer to May 3rd, the press will likely have pieces like this. It doesn't really shed any further light and is just an opinion piece from David Edgar.

I agree. According to David Edgar all of his files were handed over to The Met in 2011.
Either his idea was a goer and it remains the last line of enquiry The Met are pursuing or it was consigned to the round filing cabinet by The Met.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2017, 12:53:45 PM »
Edgar's investigative deficiencies were exposed after the 'Beckham look-a-like' exercise. Fancy appealing for help at a press conference when the 'lead' hasn't even been investigated thoroughly by your own team.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Benice

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2017, 01:10:25 PM »
Edgar's investigative deficiencies were exposed after the 'Beckham look-a-like' exercise. Fancy appealing for help at a press conference when the 'lead' hasn't even been investigated thoroughly by your own team.

On the contrary an appeal is often made to the public in the hope that information which may result from it can then be added to the known information - and thus speed up or aid an investigation into a lead in a major way.     It's not the other way round.
 IMO
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Alfie

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2017, 01:13:02 PM »
So does that mean his opinion is invalidated? 

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2017, 01:35:22 PM »
So does that mean his opinion is invalidated?

Not at all but against the back drop linked below one would be circumspect.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1206842/Why-did-Madeleine-McCann-detectives-ask-questions.html#ixzz4cVPfhZSd
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2017, 01:52:34 PM »
On the contrary an appeal is often made to the public in the hope that information which may result from it can then be added to the known information - and thus speed up or aid an investigation into a lead in a major way.     It's not the other way round.
 IMO

Still some rudimentary groundwork would be expected, surely?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Robittybob1

Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline barrier

This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Robittybob1

« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 11:29:17 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2017, 07:39:11 AM »
He is hard to believe.  That's what I find.

He gives some interesting information. According to him he had regular contact with OG until 18 months ago. That's when they announced they had one remaining line of inquiry.

He says the Yard ' don’t want me trampling on their path'. Did they tell him that 18 months ago?
He says the Yard had 'some very good lines of inquiry to follow'. Perhaps he was giving them 'lines of inquiry' and they got fed up with it?
He thinks Madeleine was taken by a 'child-sex gang' but could still be alive. I don't know why he thinks a child sex gang would target this child when there are thousands (at least) of children who would have been much easier to take. He, like all those with 'pet' theories, doesn't give any evidence to support his belief.
He seems to be pitching for his old job back when OG stop investigating. He's not expecting them to succeed then?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

stephen25000

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2017, 07:56:18 AM »
He is hard to believe.  That's what I find.

Edgar ?

You got that right.

Alfie

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2017, 08:17:18 AM »
He gives some interesting information. According to him he had regular contact with OG until 18 months ago. That's when they announced they had one remaining line of inquiry.

He says the Yard ' don’t want me trampling on their path'. Did they tell him that 18 months ago?
He says the Yard had 'some very good lines of inquiry to follow'. Perhaps he was giving them 'lines of inquiry' and they got fed up with it?
He thinks Madeleine was taken by a 'child-sex gang' but could still be alive. I don't know why he thinks a child sex gang would target this child when there are thousands (at least) of children who would have been much easier to take. He, like all those with 'pet' theories, doesn't give any evidence to support his belief.
He seems to be pitching for his old job back when OG stop investigating. He's not expecting them to succeed then?
Lots of mischevious speculation in that post. I thought you only dealt with solid facts?