Author Topic: Former McCann PI "Who is protecting Maddie's kidnapper?"  (Read 77826 times)

Alfie

Re: Former McCann PI "Who is protecting Maddie's kidnapper?"
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2017, 01:45:05 PM »
Isn't that what they did the last time they were in trouble?
What did they do exactly, and with some evidence to back up your claim, ta.

Offline Benice

« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2017, 02:14:09 PM »
Well what a surprise.   Dave Edgar supports the McCanns and so must now be sneered at and have his expertise as an Ex Detective Inspector called into question.

Quote from the Belfast Telegraph

Snipped...

Dave had accepted demotion to join the Cheshire police force in 1986 after he left the RUC.
But he quickly moved up the ranks, becoming a detective inspector for the second time in his career.

As a result, Dave found himself at the heart of these high-profile investigations.

Dave’s team were stumped until they identified killer Stephen Mottram through the use of controversial Low Copy Number DNA profiling to analyse single cells left at the scene.

Mottram, 40, from Cheshire, was convicted in 2007 and will serve 16 years.

Dave said: “It was a difficult and long case, and thank God we were able to use the DNA tests.”

This have-a-go hero dad, 47, was kicked to death by a group of feral youths outside his Cheshire home.

Dave Edgar’s work on the case, the same month Stephen Mottram was convicted, led to his three teen killers being sentenced to life.

Dave was also awarded a judge’s commendation for his work on the case.

End quote

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2017, 02:42:30 PM »
Well what a surprise.   Dave Edgar supports the McCanns and so must now be sneered at and have his expertise as an Ex Detective Inspector called into question.

Snipped...

Dave had accepted demotion to join the Cheshire police force in 1986 after he left the RUC.
But he quickly moved up the ranks, becoming a detective inspector for the second time in his career.

As a result, Dave found himself at the heart of these high-profile investigations.

Dave’s team were stumped until they identified killer Stephen Mottram through the use of controversial Low Copy Number DNA profiling to analyse single cells left at the scene.

Dave said: “It was a difficult and long case, and thank God we were able to use the DNA tests.”

This have-a-go hero dad, 47, was kicked to death by a group of feral youths outside his Cheshire home.

Dave Edgar’s work on the case, the same month Stephen Mottram was convicted, led to his three teen killers being sentenced to life.

End quote

This is why sceptics think he's useless. From, again, the Belfast Telegraph September 2009.

"A controversial DNA test used in the failed Omagh bomb case is the key to finding Madeleine McCann’s kidnapper, Ulster investigator Dave Edgar has claimed.

But the former RUC detective sergeant’s team will never be able to use it as Portuguese authorities will not give him access to forensic information.

Speaking exclusively to Sunday Life at the HQ of his Alpha Investigations Group in Cheshire, the ex-cop leading the search for Maddie believes that DNA tests, which can establish a profile from just a few cells, could help solve the mystery."

Thing is by September 2009 low copy DNA had been used on the McCann case.
Further how can you avoid sneering at an ex policeman who was willing to carry out an investigation having only seen the files that his clients allowed him to see.

BTW Henry Exton was an OBE and, having looked at all the files, thought there were unexplained anomalies in the McCann's and their friend's evidence.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Alfie

« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2017, 02:47:06 PM »
This is why sceptics think he's useless. From, again, the Belfast Telegraph September 2009.

"A controversial DNA test used in the failed Omagh bomb case is the key to finding Madeleine McCann’s kidnapper, Ulster investigator Dave Edgar has claimed.

But the former RUC detective sergeant’s team will never be able to use it as Portuguese authorities will not give him access to forensic information.

Speaking exclusively to Sunday Life at the HQ of his Alpha Investigations Group in Cheshire, the ex-cop leading the search for Maddie believes that DNA tests, which can establish a profile from just a few cells, could help solve the mystery."

Thing is by September 2009 low copy DNA had been used on the McCann case.
Further how can you avoid sneering at an ex policeman who was willing to carry out an investigation having only seen the files that his clients allowed him to see.

BTW Henry Exton was an OBE and, having looked at all the files, thought there were unexplained anomalies in the McCann's and their friend's evidence.
What investigative credentials does having an OBE confer on an individual, pray tell? 

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2017, 02:53:26 PM »
What investigative credentials does having an OBE confer on an individual, pray tell?

"“Born in Belgium in 1951, Exton had been a highly effective undercover officer for the Manchester police. A maverick and dynamic figure, he successfully infiltrated gangs of football hooligans in the 1980’s. While not popular among his colleagues, in 1991 he was seconded to work on MI5 undercover operations against drug dealers, gangsters and terrorists, and was later awarded the Queen’s Police Medal for ‘outstanding bravery’.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Alfie

« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2017, 03:01:08 PM »

"“Born in Belgium in 1951, Exton had been a highly effective undercover officer for the Manchester police. A maverick and dynamic figure, he successfully infiltrated gangs of football hooligans in the 1980’s. While not popular among his colleagues, in 1991 he was seconded to work on MI5 undercover operations against drug dealers, gangsters and terrorists, and was later awarded the Queen’s Police Medal for ‘outstanding bravery’.
I don't think you understood my question but never mind. 

Offline Brietta

« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2017, 03:19:40 PM »
Dave Edgar was an Inspector yet the press describe him as a "top cop".
Inspector has two ranks below and five ranks above............................... &%+((£
It is also on record he took a demotion to stay in the force.
Anyway he handed his files to The Met in 2011 so were there anything of use The Met will have used it.
I don't recall The Met looking in the "lawless hinterland" or even mentioning it.
Child trafficking gangs? Europol proper JIT country?
Manual of Naval Tactics ca 1912 "when in trouble lay smoke"  ?{)(**

No results found for Manual of Naval Tactics ca 1912 "when in trouble lay smoke".
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2017, 03:22:31 PM »

Unfortunately he was then arrested for shoplifting

stephen25000

« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2017, 03:40:55 PM »

Snipped...

End quote

Well, what do you expect ?

You are very happy to criticize Amaral.

..And Dave did the D.N.A. tests as well ? 8**8:/:
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 03:45:39 PM by stephen25000 »

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2017, 03:41:11 PM »
I don't think you understood my question but never mind.

I understood your question perfectly. I presume Exton's OBE was for his work in the police and M15. I was just trying to expand the forum's knowledge of this outstanding investigator.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2017, 04:07:41 PM »
I understood your question perfectly. I presume Exton's OBE was for his work in the police and M15. I was just trying to expand the forum's knowledge of this outstanding investigator.

What did he get for shoplifting?

Alfie

« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2017, 04:49:29 PM »
With regard to his involvement in investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, what specifically do you think was his outstanding contribution (apart from thinking there were unexplained anomalies in the McCanns' statement - or was it just that?)

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2017, 04:53:27 PM »

yes could you tell us about his shoplifting charge

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2017, 05:33:46 PM »

Now you are talking my language.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2017, 05:35:50 PM »
yes could you tell us about his shoplifting charge
A bad name!
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.