Author Topic: What can we do to remember Madeleine 10 years on?  (Read 2650 times)

Online John

What can we do to remember Madeleine 10 years on?
« on: March 31, 2017, 09:43:34 PM »
The tenth anniversary of Madeleine's disappearance is only a few weeks away so I am inviting members to offer up suggestions as to how we can mark the anniversary.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 03:02:49 PM by Angelo222 »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. John Lamberton exposes malfeasance by public officials.
Check out my website >   http://johnlamberton.webs.com/index.htm?no_redirect=true     The truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline davel

Re: What can we do to remember Madeleine 10 years on?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 09:57:02 PM »
perhaps we could have a day where we supported the authorities.....PJ and SY ....in finding out what happened to Maddie with no one making unfounded allegations towards maddie's parents....no one criticising her parents and no one gloating over their situation...is that too much too ask

Offline misty

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 10:11:41 PM »
A message of support from this forum could be tweeted on #mccann.

Offline Slartibartfast

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2017, 10:17:26 PM »
How about a message of support for Madeleine. Full stop. We can all agree on that.
Helping Elite sufferers of NPD for over 2 years...

Offline Faithlilly

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2017, 10:24:19 PM »
Madeleine's birthday I can just about understand perhaps marking but marking the night she disappeared from the face of the earth would be a tasteless, not to say worthless, gesture IMO.
Moral Guilt
Detractors of the work of our British Police in bringing criminals to justice generally ignore the important distinction between moral proof and legal evidence of guilt. In not a few cases that are popularly classed with 'unsolved mysteries of crime,' the offender is known, but evidence is wanting. If, for example, in- a recent murder case of special notoriety and interest,* certain human remains had not been found in a cellar, a great crime would have been catalogued among `Police failures'; and yet, even without the evidence which sent the murderer to the gallows, the moral proof of his guilt would have been full and clear.
Robert Anderson

Offline davel

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2017, 10:27:23 PM »
Madeleine's birthday I can just about understand perhaps marking but marking the night she disappeared from the face of the earth would be a tasteless, not to say worthless, gesture IMO.

looks like you are on your own then

Online John

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2017, 02:00:32 AM »

It isn't a celebration but a sign of remembrance and respect for a little girl possibly lost forever.  The church in Luz will most probably be holding a service to mark the occasion.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 02:04:03 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. John Lamberton exposes malfeasance by public officials.
Check out my website >   http://johnlamberton.webs.com/index.htm?no_redirect=true     The truth never changes with the passage of time.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2017, 06:35:28 AM »
looks like you are on your own then

Sadly not, it appears.  Perhaps it will just be a Supporter thing.

Alfie

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2017, 08:23:34 AM »
I would vote for not posting at all on the day, or only posting pictures of Madeleine.

Offline stephen25000

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2017, 08:45:22 AM »
I would vote for not posting at all on the day, or only posting pictures of Madeleine.

I would concur with the former, and/or post photographs of missing children per se.

The McCanns were solely responsible for their childcare arrangements and there is no one else to blame.

S and S, two more amateurs making money from a disappeared child, and clearly without a clue.

Offline Lace

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2017, 09:16:29 AM »
Pictures of Madeleine good idea.

Offline Faithlilly

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2017, 10:48:06 AM »
It isn't a celebration but a sign of remembrance and respect for a little girl possibly lost forever.  The church in Luz will most probably be holding a service to mark the occasion.

It is still tasteless. Marking the night a little girl met a terrible fate is appallingly crass. Surely you can see that?
Moral Guilt
Detractors of the work of our British Police in bringing criminals to justice generally ignore the important distinction between moral proof and legal evidence of guilt. In not a few cases that are popularly classed with 'unsolved mysteries of crime,' the offender is known, but evidence is wanting. If, for example, in- a recent murder case of special notoriety and interest,* certain human remains had not been found in a cellar, a great crime would have been catalogued among `Police failures'; and yet, even without the evidence which sent the murderer to the gallows, the moral proof of his guilt would have been full and clear.
Robert Anderson

Online Eleanor

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2017, 10:58:29 AM »

I shall light a candle.  And probably say something that some will consider to be totally crass.  But I have hope, you see.  This is the story of my life.  And I can't say that I have ever been truly disappointed.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2017, 11:02:57 AM »
I shall light a candle.  And probably say something that some will consider to be totally crass.  But I have hope, you see.  This is the story of my life.  And I can't say that I have ever been truly disappointed.
I'll add a post to my Facebook group expressing hope.
What are you doing to find Madeleine?

Offline Faithlilly

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2017, 11:05:32 AM »

A candle is usually lit, privately, in someone's memory. That would be absolutely appropriate.

Public displays of remembrance for a child none of us knew on the day she met an awful fate is, crass, there is no other word for it.
Moral Guilt
Robert Anderson