As far as I'm concerned all the physical evidence supports NB sustaining his lip and jaw gsw's facing towards the master bedroom whilst stood on the landing stairs with the perp stood just inside. NB then retreated back downstairs sustaining the gsw's to his shoulder and chest/elbow graze wound whilst on the main stairs, facing down towards the main door/hall, with the perp behind. This is supported by:
- None of NB's blood found in the main bedroom. Two small spots of blood were found on the landing but these were inconclusive when tested. Bloodstaining was found on the stairs but this doesn't appear to have been tested or if it was the results appear unknown. Blood matching NB's group was found on wallpaper in the hall.
- The location of casings supports the theory above. Malcolm Fletcher told the court at trial that the Anshutz rifle ejects casings to the right, upwards and forwards at a distance of up to 4 metres. The following vid shows 'Farm Girl' firing her Bushmaster rifle which shows the sort of height and length casings travel. Although the Bushmaster ejects backwards. (New vid Myster.
) The vid supports the theory the perp fired at NB from behind on the stairs and casings DRH/13 and 14 flew over the handrail and ended up on the transistion strip and landing stairs.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6I8lgiagFU
- Watch the casings fly!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whOpcwwu5Zo
- Watch the casings fly!
We can also see how straightforward it is to load the magazine, prepare for fire and pull the trigger with longish, manicured and painted nails.
- Distance of shots: lip and jaw within inches of NB's skin and shoulder and chest/elbow at least 2 feet from body.
- Trajectories: 20 degrees below the horizontal lip and jaw. Downwards for the shoulder and chest/elbow.
- Wound tracks: front to back for lip and jaw. Dr Vanezis' trial testimony confirms the shoulder shot was fired from above. SC as Perp
I doubt any expert will disagree with the fact that NB was shot in the locations above. However as pointed out by puglove it doesn't rule out JB. My theory is that NB and SC were downstairs. Why they were downstairs, how long they had been there and their exact locations will never be known. NB made the tel call to JB. SC went upstairs and shot June. NB leaves the phone and runs upstairs where he is shot as above. JB as Perp
However it is possible NB heard a noise whilst JB was in the twins room. NB went to investigate. Meanwhile JB entered the master bedroom via the box room and shot June. NB then reappears at the bedroom door and is shot as above. SC as perp
She was able to shoot June and NB at different times in different rooms: June the bedroom, NB the landing stairs and main stairs. 2 adults v 1 adult.JB as perp
He was also able to shoot June and NB at different times in different rooms as above but what was SC doing? 3 adults v 1 adult. Why and how would SC sleep through June being shot at least 5 times in the master bedroom and NB twice on the landing and twice on the main stairs? SC's bedroom was literally a few steps away from the master bedroom across the landing. JB could not be in 3 places at once. June was still mobile evidenced by the fact she was able to walk around the bed as per bloodstaining. NB was able to make it to the kitchen. SC was uninjured whilst in her own bedroom. Toxicology tests show SC had a moderate dose of Haloperidol in her blood and a trace of cannabis so compos mentis. The tracks and trajectories of SC's gsw's were up into her neck whilst prone on the floor. How could JB have pulled this off without SC resisting and causing some injury to JB?