Author Topic: The PJ final report ...  (Read 13100 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: The PJ final report ...
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2017, 12:51:29 PM »
There are potent and logical reasons for supposing Inspector Carlos had it bang-on right to suppose Gerry was at the table at the moment of the Smith sighting.

Gerry had eight people ( although not independent witnesses) to his presence at the table. That would be a hard alibi to break.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

ferryman

« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2017, 12:54:37 PM »
Gerry had eight people ( although not independent witnesses) to his presence at the table. That would be a hard alibi to break.

Unclear why you felt the need to introduce your lack of knowledge on what is, or is not, an independent witness into this?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2017, 12:57:30 PM »
Unclear why you felt the need to introduce your lack of knowledge on what is, or is not, an independent witness into this?

An independent witness is one with no established relationship with the person under suspicion. Surely you knew that?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2017, 01:02:32 PM »

An independent witness means that the person does not know any of the parties involved.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2017, 01:11:13 PM »
They weren't on trial.

8(0(*

On the evidence they would have been found not guilty

Alfie

« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2017, 01:13:04 PM »
On the evidence they would have been found not guilty
But that wouldn't have been considered the end of it as far as the sceptics are concerned - oooh noooo.

Mind you this is Portugal we're talking about.  They would probably have been found not guilty  and then ten years later found guilty in absentia.

Offline barrier

« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2017, 01:14:42 PM »
Conclusion from the report:

In conclusion, it results from everything that has been done, despite the efforts that were made and all investigation lines being explored, that it is not possible to obtain a solid and objective conclusion about what really happened that night, and about the present location of the missing minor.

All but nine years on April2016 words attributed to DSI Duthie,we do not have a" full understanding" of what happened,not much changed.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 02:05:37 PM by barrier »
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline barrier

« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2017, 01:22:27 PM »
Accusation be damned!

The Supreme Court judges ignored the report.

I'm wondering why.
It probably would have been better for the McCann's if their lawyer had ignored it.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2017, 01:35:12 PM »
The truth is that if the McCanns had been tried on the evidence they would have been found not guilty
That must make it evidence of innocence

Finding someone not guilty in a court of law is not an absolute indication of innocence. Examples being Sion Jenkins and Barry George where the English High Court ruled that both be denied compensation because it was not shown beyond any shadow of a doubt that they were innocent.  So it appears that in English law at least, a not guilty verdict, a jury failing to return a verdict or being cleared on appeal is NOT an automatic right to be viewed as innocent.

The converse is also true, anyone found guilty could very well be innocent.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 01:47:13 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline barrier

« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2017, 02:03:38 PM »
Finding someone not guilty in a court of law is not an absolute indication of innocence. Examples being Sion Jenkins and Barry George where the English High Court ruled that both be denied compensation because it was not shown beyond any shadow of a doubt that they were innocent.  So it appears that in English law at least, a not guilty verdict, a jury failing to return a verdict or being cleared on appeal is NOT an automatic right to be viewed as innocent.

Stefan kiszko being one.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2017, 02:12:02 PM »

Read my post
Not guilty would have been evidence of innocence as I have said
Not proof

ferryman

« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2017, 02:24:07 PM »
An independent witness is one with no established relationship with the person under suspicion. Surely you knew that?

An independent witness is one with no reason to lie.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2017, 02:25:39 PM »
What would be "some sort of truth" in your view?  For example if someone were tried and found guilty would that be some sort of truth?  Is the result of the SC Judgement some sort of truth?  What is truth and who determines whether it is so or not?

The report's contents are not set in stone, There are no completely accurate times, for example.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2017, 02:28:43 PM »
There are potent and logical reasons for supposing Inspector Carlos had it bang-on right to suppose Gerry was at the table at the moment of the Smith sighting.

Name them.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

ferryman

« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2017, 02:30:21 PM »
The report's contents are not set in stone, There are no completely accurate times, for example.

The files (that we read on line) are littered with errors and corrections.