Author Topic: Was Amaral Biased Against the McCanns and If So Why?  (Read 27975 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: Was Amaral Biased Against the McCanns and If So Why?
« Reply #60 on: April 16, 2017, 01:11:13 PM »
I think Kate would have preferred to walk there, rather than leave her remaining children orphans thanks to the reckless and terrifying driving of the police officer responsible for returning them to the station.  BTW, at the time they had no idea what was going on, so that would have compounded the terror I would imagine.  Empathy.  Understanding.  It helps to be able to put yourself in another's shoes.  If you can't then it's difficult to  make sense of many things.

It is interesting that Kate, while terrified and praying and crying, still managed to clock the speedometer from the back seat and remember exactly the speed the officer was driving at.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 04:29:48 AM by John »
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

ferryman

« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2017, 01:17:19 PM »
Is that supposed to be a bad thing?

Lack of empathy, that is, an inability to put yourself in another's shoes, is not per se bad, no.

I lack empathy with Goncalo Amaral, Joseph Stalin, Hitler, Idi Amine (and doubtless countless others).

And though I might try, I can't really imagine what it's like to have a loved and cherished daughter abducted.

So I suppose I can't really empathise with the McCanns, either.

But I can (and do!) sympathise with the McCanns.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 12:22:31 PM by John »

Offline John

« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2017, 04:49:11 AM »
The topic is, "Was Amaral Biased Against the McCanns and If So Why?"
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2017, 07:28:48 AM »
I think Kate would have preferred to walk there, rather than leave her remaining children orphans thanks to the reckless and terrifying driving of the police officer responsible for returning them to the station.  BTW, at the time they had no idea what was going on, so that would have compounded the terror I would imagine.  Empathy.  Understanding.  It helps to be able to put yourself in another's shoes.  If you can't then it's difficult to  make sense of many things.

And yet, the following day......

I remember slumping on one of the dining chairs in the apartment, looking out through the window over the sea. I had an overwhelming urge to swim out across the ocean, as hard and as fast as I could; to swim and swim and swim until I was so far out and so exhausted I could just allow the water to pull me under and relieve me of this torment
[Madeleine]
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

stephen25000

« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2017, 07:37:12 AM »
Lack of empathy, that is, an inability to put yourself in another's shoes, is not per se bad, no.

I lack empathy with Goncalo Amaral, Joseph Stalin, Hitler, Idi Amine (and doubtless countless others).

And though I might try, I can't really imagine what it's like to have a loved and cherished daughter abducted.

So I suppose I can't really empathise with the McCanns, either.

But I can (and do!) sympathise with the McCanns.

It is quite sad, and it says everything about you, that you have placed Amaral in the same list as mass murderers.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 08:03:25 AM by Eleanor »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2017, 08:14:36 AM »
Bias;
inclination or prejudice for or against one person or group, especially in a way considered to be unfair.

Was it unfair of Amaral to suspect the McCanns? That depends on whether their words and actions are seen as consistent, coherent and believable.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

stephen25000

« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2017, 08:17:04 AM »
Bias;
inclination or prejudice for or against one person or group, especially in a way considered to be unfair.

Was it unfair of Amaral to suspect the McCanns? That depends on whether their words and actions are seen as consistent, coherent and believable.

He was doing his job.

Investigation of the parents would be standard.

What is also obvious, is that the parents did not want to be investigated.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #67 on: April 19, 2017, 09:56:54 AM »
Bias;

It would have been unbiased for Amaral to have investigated Kate and Gerry McCann.  To do so it would have been unbiased to have initially constituted them arguidos to allow them the full protection of the law.  It would have been unbiased if once it became clear there was no substantive evidence against either Kate or Gerry to have progressed the investigation to follow available evidence.
If that wasn't done it was bias to pursue only that one line of enquiry.  Particularly when it is known there were at least 195 different investigative possibilities to be followed any one of which might have been the key to finding Madeleine McCann.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 09:59:06 AM by Brietta »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

stephen25000

« Reply #68 on: April 19, 2017, 09:59:03 AM »
It would have been unbiased for Amaral to have investigated Kate and Gerry McCann.  To do so it would have been unbiased to have initially constituted them arguidos to allow them the full protection of the law.  It would have been unbiased if once it became clear there was no substantive evidence against either Kate or Gerry to have progressed the investigation to follow available evidence.
If that wasn't done it was bias to pursue only one line of enquiry.  Particularly when it is known there were at least 195 different investigative possibilities to be followed any one of which might have been the key to finding Madeleine McCann.

Yoiu assume she could have been found, and that is supposition.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2017, 10:01:08 AM »
Yoiu assume she could have been found, and that is supposition.

The supposition always is that a missing child can be found ... else why bother to look?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

stephen25000

« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2017, 10:05:50 AM »
The supposition always is that a missing child can be found ... else why bother to look?

She has been, fort nearly 10 years.

NOTHING.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #71 on: April 19, 2017, 10:21:25 AM »
She has been, fort nearly 10 years.

NOTHING.
Hidden in plain sight!
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

stephen25000

« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2017, 10:28:49 AM »
Hidden in plain sight!

Of course Rob.

Is that in that village 10 miles from PDL ?

or perhaps Alpha Centuari II ?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2017, 11:35:21 AM »
Of course Rob.

Is that in that village 10 miles from PDL ?

or perhaps Alpha Centuari II ?
The right option seems obvious.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline John

« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2017, 11:46:30 AM »
He was doing his job.

Investigation of the parents would be standard.

What is also obvious, is that the parents did not want to be investigated.

Those points are very valid and that is why the Portuguese police have received so much vitriol.

It is basic police procedure to investigate family whenever a child disappears under suspicious circumstances and that happened. Kate McCann's reference to the GNR officers as tweedle dee and tweedle dum and to PJ detective Ricardo Paiva as a fcuking tosser in her book 'Madeleine' was rather pathetic and lost her much credibility imo.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 11:51:41 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.