Author Topic: The high speed return to Portimão police station incident.  (Read 3433 times)

Offline John

Re: The high speed return to Portimão police station incident.
« Reply #405 on: April 21, 2017, 05:09:05 PM »
Could Kate see the speedo
To be more precise would she be able to read it
I took it for granted that posters would understand that it's no good just being able to see it
It's the ability to read it which is important

Personally I think it is irrelevant whether she was able to read the speedometer or not.  Depending on the circumstances 60mph might feel uncomfortable whereas 120 mph might not.  Kate states in her book that she was terrified so we have to accept that is how she felt.  The police driver was instructed to return urgently so he did just that.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. John Lamberton exposes malfeasance by public officials.
Check out my website >   http://johnlamberton.webs.com/index.htm?no_redirect=true     The truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline davel

« Reply #406 on: April 21, 2017, 05:11:06 PM »
Personally I think it is irrelevant whether she was able to read the speedometer or not.  Depending on the circumstances 60mph might feel uncomfortable whereas 120 mph might not.  Kate states in her book that she was terrified so we have to accept that is how she felt.  The police driver was instructed to return urgently so he did just that.

Agreed
as experienced investigators...based on the evidence...we believe Madeleine McCann was removed from the apartment by a stranger....DCI Redwood...Scotland Yard

Neither the McCanns nor their friend are persons of interest or suspects

If civil questions are being asked can we have the courtesy to provide civil answers.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #407 on: April 21, 2017, 05:18:06 PM »
Agreed

Moi aussis.  Or have I spelt that wrong?  I can't say that I care.

Offline Alfie

« Reply #408 on: April 21, 2017, 07:26:39 PM »
Moi aussis.  Or have I spelt that wrong?  I can't say that I care.
Moi aussi.  Unless you're Carlymichelle and then it's Moi Aussie. 
Only asking questions....

Offline Alice Purjorick

• One man's style must not be the rule of another's.
« Reply #409 on: April 21, 2017, 07:34:05 PM »
Moi aussi.  Unless you're Carlymichelle and then it's Moi Aussie.

We did that one a few days ago.
Apart from that Mrs Lincoln how did you like the play?

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #410 on: April 21, 2017, 08:05:00 PM »
Given that we have no certainty about the make/model of the car, davel has been flogging a non-visibility point to death ad nauseam for no purpose whatsoever.

The following is for any poor bar steward who has waded through this pile of tripe, and is still awake.

Our Megane is 1,400 cc.   Its speedo goes from 0 to 240kph.  I feel confident that our car would not have clocked 200kph in 2007, even going downhill on the A22.

The 120kph point is slap bang at the top of the speedo, and is clearly visible from 2 seats in the rear.  Only someone optically challenged could fail to see and read the 120kph point, or the 200kph point, or any other reading you choose.

Alice claims the 1,600cc Megane spec shows it could not reach 200kph.  That strikes me as surprising, but I see no reason to check it.  Unless we have a modicum of certainty about the car, Megane capability is somewhat of an irrelevance.  We might as well debate Ford Anglia capability.  Hang on, that's Harry Potter territory.  Let's not go there.

The McCann version morphed from a turn then a 200kph+ dash on the blog, attributed to 4 May 2007, to a U-turn and a 120mph+ dash in Kate's book, published in May 2011.

To support the former, the A22 suffices.  To support the latter, nothing suffices.

And I posted yonks ago that why supporters would choose to deny these basic facts mystifies me.  It still mystifies me.
I'm moving to Portelas!

Offline davel

« Reply #411 on: April 21, 2017, 08:10:14 PM »
Given that we have no certainty about the make/model of the car, davel has been flogging a non-visibility point to death ad nauseam for no purpose whatsoever.

The following is for any poor bar steward who has waded through this pile of tripe, and is still awake.

Our Megane is 1,400 cc.   Its speedo goes from 0 to 240kph.  I feel confident that our car would not have clocked 200kph in 2007, even going downhill on the A22.

The 120kph point is slap bang at the top of the speedo, and is clearly visible from 2 seats in the rear.  Only someone optically challenged could fail to see and read the 120kph point, or the 200kph point, or any other reading you choose.

Alice claims the 1,600cc Megane spec shows it could not reach 200kph.  That strikes me as surprising, but I see no reason to check it.  Unless we have a modicum of certainty about the car, Megane capability is somewhat of an irrelevance.  We might as well debate Ford Anglia capability.  Hang on, that's Harry Potter territory.  Let's not go there.

The McCann version morphed from a turn then a 200kph+ dash on the blog, attributed to 4 May 2007, to a U-turn and a 120mph+ dash in Kate's book, published in May 2011.

To support the former, the A22 suffices.  To support the latter, nothing suffices.

And I posted yonks ago that why supporters would choose to deny these basic facts mystifies me.  It still mystifies me.

I can see exactly why it mystifies you....you havent provided any convincing information that the A22 was used in preference to the N125...just speculation....I still dispute the speedo could be read from the back seat...particularly with the car being thrown around at high speed.....again its speculation taht kate could read the speedo.....Kate says a U turn was performed...that puts them on the N125...

I really dont see why you are so unwilling to accept this
as experienced investigators...based on the evidence...we believe Madeleine McCann was removed from the apartment by a stranger....DCI Redwood...Scotland Yard

If civil questions are being asked can we have the courtesy to provide civil answers.

Offline Alice Purjorick

• One man's style must not be the rule of another's.
« Reply #412 on: April 21, 2017, 08:41:22 PM »

So do you subscribe to the "guessed the speed" or "the preset ranging rods and stop watch trick"?
She must have obtained the number from somewhere, twice.
Bearing in mind it was only a narrative I could have made it more entertaining whilst sending the same message!
Apart from that Mrs Lincoln how did you like the play?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #413 on: April 21, 2017, 08:57:15 PM »

I really don't know what to do.  Whether to leave you all shaming yourselves.  Or to Delete.

Probably better to leave you all to shame yourselves.  Such is the life of a Moderator.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #414 on: April 21, 2017, 09:19:33 PM »
I really don't know what to do.  Whether to leave you all shaming yourselves.  Or to Delete.

Probably better to leave you all to shame yourselves.  Such is the life of a Moderator.
That option sounds easier too.
What are you doing to find Madeleine?

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #415 on: April 21, 2017, 09:48:15 PM »
And I know what you are claiming is ******.... your claim re the A22 is******

unfortunately you are being allowed to lower the tone of the whole discussion.....but if you call my idea bollox...then i will return the compliment

now who is instigating the goading once again...fortunately your post has been deleted for goading
Let's do the rounds yet again.  I am certainly up for it to ensure members are not dished up with misinformation.

From the rear of our Megane, the speedo is visible, and the figures on the dial can be clearly seen.

Consequently the McCann version is suspect.

What does your son's 2007 Portuguese plated Megane show?  You must be able to ensure a test is carried out.

I'm moving to Portelas!

Offline davel

« Reply #416 on: April 21, 2017, 09:57:40 PM »
Let's do the rounds yet again.  I am certainly up for it to ensure members are not dished up with misinformation.

From the rear of our Megane, the speedo is visible, and the figures on the dial can be clearly seen.

Consequently the McCann version is suspect.

What does your son's 2007 Portuguese plated Megane show?  You must be able to ensure a test is carried out.

You claim the speedo is visible....I claim it could not be read ...you cannot prove your point...I cannot prove mine

you say kate was on the A22... I say she was on the N125....there is no proof either way.

that is it...no more...and none of it is of any importance whatsoever

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #417 on: April 21, 2017, 10:19:46 PM »
That option sounds easier too.

Not that easy.  But at least you know how spot the difference  of to and too.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #418 on: April 21, 2017, 10:36:02 PM »
You claim the speedo is visible....I claim it could not be read ...you cannot prove your point...I cannot prove mine

you say kate was on the A22... I say she was on the N125....there is no proof either way.

I don't understand what this is all about, other than to suggest that Kate was lying, which would hardly be relevant any way.

How would this make Kate McCann culpable?.

What is any of this shit offering to The Forum?

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #419 on: April 21, 2017, 10:39:05 PM »

Of course you have a method of proving your claim.  Simply get in the rear of your son's 2007 Portuguese-plated Megane, with your son in the driving seat, and a photo will demonstrate whether your assertion stacks up.

I have this way and another way.  I simply need to get my next visitor to conduct the experiment for himself/herself on our Megane to confirm the results.

Indeed anyone with access to a LHD Megane of roughly similar age can verify for themselves that the McCanns would have been capable of reading such a speedo.

By the way, if you have gotten bored of this exchange, all you have to do is stop.  I have no intention of letting your misinformation stand, and frankly, I have an enormous appetite for correcting such erroneous information, because I consider the truth to be important.  Therefore as long as you continue to peddle speculation, I will continue to post fact.
I'm moving to Portelas!