Author Topic: UK police guilty of flawed tunnel vision in hunt for Maddie McCann  (Read 49685 times)

Offline carlymichelle

http://www.9news.com.au/world/2017/05/15/12/03/uk-police-guilty-of-flawed-tunnel-vision-in-hunt-for-maddie-mccann-answers#8u7bz5zSPPQe6KAu.99

UK police guilty of flawed tunnel vision in hunt for
Maddie McCann answers, former top cop says.

By Mark Saunokonoko
Published 15 May 2017

Colin Sutton (right), a senior investigating officer in the Metropolitan Police from 2003 to 2011, appears on a Sky News documentary examining the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. Source: Sky News.

Scotland Yard's six-year investigation into Madeleine McCann's disappearance was a poisoned chalice laced with critical errors because of a high level agenda to not interrogate the child's parents, according to a former UK detective.

The explosive revelations were made by retired Metropolitan Police homicide cop Colin Sutton, who at one time was touted as a possible candidate to lead Operation Grange and the search for Maddie, now missing for 10 years.

Operation Grange's narrow remit to focus only on the theory that the four-year-old was abducted from the family's holiday apartment in Portugal was unusual and a "missed opportunity", Sutton told nine.com.au.

In 2010, with planning underway to launch Operation Grange, Sutton received a phone tip off from "a very senior Metropolitan police officer", warning him about the looming investigation and how it would be handled.

The insider told Sutton, who served 30 years with London's Met before retiring in 2011, that the dozens of murder detectives assigned to Operation Grange would be instructed where they could and couldn't look.

"I immediately assumed that what was meant was that the [McCann] family and Tapas 7 [the group of seven friends on holiday with the McCanns] were a no-go area," Sutton said.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/world/2017/05/15/12/03/uk-police-guilty-of-flawed-tunnel-vision-in-hunt-for-maddie-mccann-answers#8u7bz5zSPPQe6KAu.99

« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 02:43:06 PM by John »

Offline Lace

http://www.9news.com.au/world/2017/05/15/12/03/uk-police-guilty-of-flawed-tunnel-vision-in-hunt-for-maddie-mccann-answers#8u7bz5zSPPQe6KAu.99

UK police guilty of flawed tunnel vision in hunt for
Maddie McCann answers, former top cop says.

By Mark Saunokonoko
Published 15 May 2017

Colin Sutton (right), a senior investigating officer in the Metropolitan Police from 2003 to 2011, appears on a Sky News documentary examining the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. Source: Sky News.

Scotland Yard's six-year investigation into Madeleine McCann's disappearance was a poisoned chalice laced with critical errors because of a high level agenda to not interrogate the child's parents, according to a former UK detective.

The explosive revelations were made by retired Metropolitan Police homicide cop Colin Sutton, who at one time was touted as a possible candidate to lead Operation Grange and the search for Maddie, now missing for 10 years.

Operation Grange's narrow remit to focus only on the theory that the four-year-old was abducted from the family's holiday apartment in Portugal was unusual and a "missed opportunity", Sutton told nine.com.au.

In 2010, with planning underway to launch Operation Grange, Sutton received a phone tip off from "a very senior Metropolitan police officer", warning him about the looming investigation and how it would be handled.

The insider told Sutton, who served 30 years with London's Met before retiring in 2011, that the dozens of murder detectives assigned to Operation Grange would be instructed where they could and couldn't look.

"I immediately assumed that what was meant was that the [McCann] family and Tapas 7 [the group of seven friends on holiday with the McCanns] were a no-go area," Sutton said.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/world/2017/05/15/12/03/uk-police-guilty-of-flawed-tunnel-vision-in-hunt-for-maddie-mccann-answers#8u7bz5zSPPQe6KAu.99

Oh,  so he ASSUMED did he,  ok.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 12:11:13 PM by John »

Offline faithlilly

What else could the senior officer have meant ? That they would only be allowed to look at the McCanns?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Miss Taken Identity

Yeah at the time he did, but then this was confirmed by Rowley:

"When asked if Kate and Gerry McCann had ever been questioned as potential suspects by Scotland Yard detectives, Asst Com Rowley replied: "No."

Yeah folks, that is a definitive No.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/world/2017/05/15/12/03/uk-police-guilty-of-flawed-tunnel-vision-in-hunt-for-maddie-mccann-answers#MRw5OXM22mHe3X6R.99
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline carlymichelle

Yeah at the time he did but the this was conformed by Rowley:

"When asked if Kate and Gerry McCann had ever been questioned as potential suspects by Scotland Yard detectives, Asst Com Rowley replied: "No."

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/world/2017/05/15/12/03/uk-police-guilty-of-flawed-tunnel-vision-in-hunt-for-maddie-mccann-answers#MRw5OXM22mHe3X6R.99

it seems our australian media are not biased like the uk media are they??  about the  mcanns

it seems our australian media are not biased like the uk media are they??  about the  mcanns

I think we can put that baby to sleep so to  speak.  OC only investigating abduction from apartment- parents would not be questioned as they would not abuct their own daughter...

10 million wow. I can't wait to find out what the PJ  missed in that investigaiton about abduction from apartment. They could have , if they wanted to,  investigated an accidental death, or woke and wondered  to really give the McCanns a clear run. but the didn't. oh never mind- what a shame. complete waste of money! AND a disgrace to the memory of little Maddie whatever her mortal state is.

Offline Erngath

What else could the senior officer have meant ? That they would only be allowed to look at the McCanns?

If one believes him?
How can we verify he did indeed receive such a call?
Who was it from
........was the person named?
Is there any proof that such a call was made?
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline barrier

If one believes him?
Who was it from
Interesting to note not one other officer has come out to say this is complete rollocks and of course all avenues would be open.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline jassi

I find it interesting that the PJ investigation has been rubbished by all and sundry and yet OG was prepared to accept their word as regards iinvolvement of the McCanns is concerned without further investigation.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Erngath

Interesting to note not one other officer has come out to say this is complete rollocks and of course all avenues would be open.

Perhaps they have more integrity than to become involved while the investigation continues.

If one believes him?
Who was it from

The wee bit where Rowley confirmed the parents were NOT being investigated/ questioned. AND this falls in line with the other wee bit where Sutton  says open remit for the  investigation would start with the parents, Tapas as allegedly last KNOWN persons to have seen her alive in the apartment.

So here we have A seniour police officer challenging the OG remit, and already we have bemoaning about proof.  where as there is no offering of proof that Maddie was abducted from a window  from that apartment. None!

Offline Erngath

I find it interesting that the PJ investigation has been rubbished by all and sundry and yet OG was prepared to accept their word as regards iinvolvement of the McCanns is concerned without further investigation.

Perhaps OG have more information/evidence from the PJ than we have.

Offline carlymichelle

The wee bit where Rowley confirmed the parents were NOT being investigated/ questioned. AND this falls in line with the other wee bit where Sutton  says open remit for the  investigation would start with the parents, Tapas as allegedly last KNOWN persons to have seen her alive in the apartment.

So here we have A seniour police officer challenging the OG remit, and already we have bemoaning about proof.  where as there is no offering of proof that Maddie was abducted from a window  from that apartment. None!

the author  of the article doesnt believe the mcanns which  is his  right as a journalist  im  happy that he isnt  scared to say his view but most of us aussies are like  him   he is a good australian journo

Offline Lace

Rowley also said it was because the Portuguese Police had already dealt with investigating the McCann's.   What was the point of doing it all again,  they could see the statements and everything else in the Portuguese investigation,   as Rowley said he didn't want any rumours that they were going down the same route.

I think it's sour grapes with Sutton, he said he wasn't asked to lead the investigation,  he had retired by the time OG came into force,   he just thinks if it was him leading the investigation he would have done it better,  wants a bit of publicity for himself in my opinion.

Offline jassi

Perhaps OG have more information/evidence from the PJ than we have.

That is certainly possible, which would suggest to me that the PJ investigation was pretty thorough.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future