Author Topic: McCann v Gonçalo Amaral Libel Trial trial in Lisbon - Day 3 and 4  (Read 10219 times)

Offline John

McCann v Gonçalo Amaral Libel Trial trial in Lisbon - Day 3 and 4
« on: September 20, 2013, 02:17:31 PM »
The Reports from yesterdays sitting will be posted as soon as they are proof read and double checked by their author whom as you all know is at the Court yet again today. TY
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Lyall

Re: McCann v Gonçalo Amaral Libel Trial trial in Lisbon - Day 3
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 02:32:37 PM »
Thanks Boss 8((()*/

Offline Sandy

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 03:50:42 PM »
Anti-McCann' websites plotted to kidnap one of Madeleine's siblings 'to find out what they knew about her disappearance', court hears

Friend of the McCanns found examples of forum members encouraging kidnap so one of the twins could 'throw some light on the matter'
    Police chief claimed the McCanns hid their daughter's body after her death
    Evidence heard in Lisbon during £1million libel case against Goncalo Amaral

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2426813/Anti-McCann-kate-madeleine-websites-plotted-kidnap-siblings-knew-disappearance-court-hears.html#ixzz2fRZZC5fV
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

You know what they say    NO SPIN  NO WIN    @)(++(* @)(++(* @)(++(*

Lyall

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2013, 04:00:20 PM »
Plot was taken so seriously there's no mention of it in their book >@@(*&)

icabodcrane

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2013, 05:17:29 PM »

Jerry Lawton ‏@JerryLawton 1m

Michael Wright, who monitored web traffic on Madeleine for her parents, claimed Mr Amaral demanded 80,000 Euro for a TV interview #McCann
    Expand
    Jerry Lawton ‏@JerryLawton 3m

#McCann pal Michael Wright says Goncalo Amaral's book's claim the couple covered up Madeleine's death incited internet bigots
    Expand
    Jerry Lawton ‏@JerryLawton 6m

Kidnap plot was discussed in internet forum and taken so seriously police were called in, family friend says #McCann
    Expand
    Jerry Lawton ‏@JerryLawton 7m

Internet trolls plotted to kidnap one of Madeleine McCann's siblings to get them to reveal what happened to her, libel trial hears #McCann

Are these  'live'  tweets from the court  ?

It's just I don't understand how a full report can already be available on the mailonline  at the same time   >@@(*&)

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2013, 05:52:39 PM »
Are these  'live'  tweets from the court  ?

It's just I don't understand how a full report can already be available on the mailonline  at the same time   >@@(*&)

Its only a summary Ica, the juicy bits and enough to convince their editor that it was worth their while sending them to Lisbon in the first place.  Take out the numerous stock photos and there isn't much left frankly of any substance.

It must be costing a packet to keep sending them out for two days every week no wonder most of them are plagiarising our reports.   @)(++(*
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 05:54:27 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

icabodcrane

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2013, 06:05:52 PM »
Its only a summary Ica, the juicy bits and enough to convince their editor that it was worth their while sending them to Lisbon in the first place.  Take out the numerous stock photos and there isn't much left frankly of any substance.

It must be costing a packet to keep sending them out for two days every week no wonder most of them are plagiarising our reports.   @)(++(*

I know Angelo

It's pretty remarkable that we are THE  primary source of information  !

Nowhere  ...  not on the net ...  not in the media  ...  it this case being covered in the detailed way we have achieved

Big well done to everyone concerned   8@??)(

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2013, 06:15:52 PM »
If the personal attacks and unwarranted criticisms on Anne from certain quarters are anything to go by it appears that the storm clouds are gathering over camp McCann.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

AnneGuedes

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2013, 07:42:23 PM »

I'm back ! Apart from the BBC lady (resident in Lisbon) and, to-day a Correio da Manha girl (with photographer), there were only two UK journalists, the Sun guy who's there everyday with photographer and a guy who works for 4 newspapers... Both of them hired a British/Portuguese translator who has been contracted by other papers as well. She wrote the article for the Telegraph yesterday and was amazed by the transformations it had suffered.
I'm expecting the Pike's report to give it a last look.

Redblossom

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2013, 08:11:01 PM »

You know what they say    NO SPIN  NO WIN    @)(++(* @)(++(* @)(++(*
8((()*/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/10323929/Gerry-McCann-contacted-police-after-abduction-threat-to-twins.html

How on earth they can accuse or even prove Mr Amaral was responsible for this or any other nutters posts on the www is beyond me..even if the story is true how can they prove said nutter was inspired by Amarals book and not just his own opinions beliefs made up well before amarals book??? Theyve stopped short, just, of accusing Amaral of directly inciting criminal activity...wise........scraping barrel and dirty tricks come to mind, stories like this shouldnt be dignified by any comment, hard as it may be, the mccanns are claiming damages of 250k for each family member, that the Portuguese books contents even though translated into English on the www  back in 2009 and not read by general public, may have gotten to be heard by their children somehow in their school playground and potentially caused them upset, how do they square that with ENGLISH newspapers plastering on their front pages these last few days...Maddies Mum Suicidal, Kids Threatened to be Kidnapped.....they had the chance, and whilst knowing all this would come out in the press, to keep it in camera, but fought this,so wanting all the details of the case to come out, now how many kids in school will be talking about all this??news will have been like a rat up a drainpipe...kids that age gossip and talk. Who is risking psychological damage? instilling fear and trepidation into young minds?Extremely bizarre hypocritical and nonsensical IMO...the judge in his wisdom should chuck all this desperate pushing luck rubbish out

PS Anne, thank you for your ongoing tireless work
 8((()*/
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 08:36:27 PM by Redblossom »

AnneGuedes

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2013, 09:03:03 PM »
Clare Carter doesn't exist or wasn't in Lisbon.
It's amazing how they extract a few elements and spin them. You vaguely recognise parts of what you heard, but certainly not the feeling you had when you were listening. Mr Wright's attempts to blame Mr Amaral were more betrayed by his seizing any opportunity to insinuate this or that than by categorical assessments.

Offline Jacinta

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2013, 09:54:40 PM »
Hello Anne, I joined today because I wanted to say a personal huge thank you to you for bringing the news to us from inside the courts. Without your efforts I don't think we'd know half of what was said let alone anything from the cross-examinations.

Thank you so much  8@??)(

Jaci xx

icabodcrane

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2013, 10:01:27 PM »
Hello Anne, I joined today because I wanted to say a personal huge thank you to you for bringing the news to us from inside the courts. Without your efforts I don't think we'd know half of what was said let alone anything from the cross-examinations.

Thank you so much  8@??)(

Jaci xx

aww,  that's nice of you Jaci

welcome to the forum 

icabodcrane

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2013, 11:11:06 PM »
I don't think I can manage another late night  ...   any chance of yesterday's court report being posted some time soon   ? 

Offline John

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2013, 11:36:10 PM »
I don't think I can manage another late night  ...   any chance of yesterday's court report being posted some time soon   ?

Hi Icabodcrane, its quite a long and complicated one but should be posting it shortly.  8((()*/
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.