Author Topic: The Murders At White House Farm by Carol Ann Lee  (Read 74343 times)

Offline Myster

Re: The Murders At White House Farm by Carol Ann Lee
« Reply #270 on: August 04, 2015, 05:27:30 AM »
... or Carol Ann Lee, if you've got anything to do with it.   *%87
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 01:50:43 PM by John »
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Myster

« Reply #271 on: August 04, 2015, 05:36:51 AM »
... such as a gushing OTT review.  8**8:/:

Offline Myster

« Reply #272 on: August 04, 2015, 06:04:50 AM »
Happy to see that you agree with the previous reviewer though... i.e. that Bamber is guilty as charged.  8((()*/

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #273 on: August 04, 2015, 11:34:53 AM »
It's a toss-up between Harper Lee's 'Go Set A Watchman' and Mary Berry's 'Absolute Favourites'.  8((()*/

The 654 figure I quoted above for CAL is relative across all sales all categories.  Within her own category (denoted by # she is #11 and #19:

#11 in Books > Biography > True Crime
#19 in Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > True Accounts

8@??)( 8@??)( 8@??)(

https://chrismcmullen.wordpress.com/2014/10/18/amazon-com-sales-rank-how-does-it-work-research-based/

https://www.chrismcmullen.com/

Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #274 on: August 04, 2015, 11:42:50 AM »
... or Carol Ann Lee, if you've got anything to do with it.   *%87

Why not?  Its a good book: fair and balanced account.

Are you going to share your views Mr Myster?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 01:51:15 PM by John »
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #275 on: August 04, 2015, 12:02:20 PM »
... such as a gushing OTT review.  8**8:/:

I assume you are talking about the review on Amazon by Hollyg as my review on Waterstones by Holly Goodhead could hardly be described as "gushing"? 

Hollyg on Amazon is nothing to do with me.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/pdp/profile/A154XV8P86HRFC/ref=cm_cr_pr_pdp?ie=UTF8

I believe there was a poster on Blue, maybe here too, by the name of Holly Girl?

« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 01:51:22 PM by John »

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #276 on: August 04, 2015, 03:45:12 PM »
The 654 figure I quoted above for CAL is relative across all sales all categories.  Within her own category (denoted by # she is #11 and #19:

#11 in Books > Biography > True Crime
#19 in Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > True Accounts

8@??)( 8@??)( 8@??)(

https://chrismcmullen.wordpress.com/2014/10/18/amazon-com-sales-rank-how-does-it-work-research-based/

https://www.chrismcmullen.com/

I'm not sure if the Amazon rank figures are real time or based on up-dates at set intervals.  Anyway for a CAL V PH comparison based on category here are PH's figures at this moment in time:

#560 in Books > Biography > True Crime
#855 in Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > True Accounts

Offline Myster

« Reply #277 on: August 04, 2015, 06:48:59 PM »
I assume you are talking about the review on Amazon by Hollyg as my review on Waterstones by Holly Goodhead could hardly be described as "gushing"? 

Hollyg on Amazon is nothing to do with me.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/pdp/profile/A154XV8P86HRFC/ref=cm_cr_pr_pdp?ie=UTF8

I believe there was a poster on Blue, maybe here too, by the name of Holly Girl?

Why not?  Its a good book: fair and balanced account.

Are you going to share your views Mr Myster?

That's all we need... a Holly doppleganger!  Odd that her review confirms what you think about serialisations?  &%+((£
All that's missing now is the latest review from the fella who hobnobbed with Kublai Khan.  @)(++(*

I've already said I think CAL's effort is a worthy successor to three other out-of-print ones, but surely it doesn't cost that much more to have a book casebound?
Pages are falling out like Autumn leaves already!  8(8-))

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #278 on: August 05, 2015, 04:22:18 PM »
That's all we need... a Holly doppleganger!  Odd that her review confirms what you think about serialisations?  &%+((£
All that's missing now is the latest review from the fella who hobnobbed with Kublai Khan.  @)(++(*

I've already said I think CAL's effort is a worthy successor to three other out-of-print ones, but surely it doesn't cost that much more to have a book casebound?
Pages are falling out like Autumn leaves already!  8(8-))

If you look at Hollyg's other reviews I think it's fairly obvious we are not one and the same:

- She reads books I rarely do as mentioned on here loads of times.
- Her children are much younger than mine based on the gifts she has purchased for them.
- We do both suffer from rosacea (she reviewed some cream) but mine is so mild I don't even bother concealing it with anything (I just have a pinky complexion) and Hollyg's seems quite severe.  Perhaps she is Celtic too as it tends to be prevalent in Celts.
- I rarely buy goods online.  I only purchase services online eg tickets, hotels, flights.

Anyone who follows the case and has read any of CAL's previous books (or excerpts in my case) will know that she doesn't display author bias in her writing so it was obvious to me, and I assume Hollyg, that the MoS articles were just adaptations.

Yes I forgot your comments re CAL's book  8((()*/

Offline Holly Goodhead

Offline Myster

« Reply #280 on: August 05, 2015, 05:26:27 PM »
http://www.express.co.uk/news/history/595845/Inside-the-mind-of-a-murderer-Carol-Ann-Lee-Jeremy-Bamber

Interesting chat.  Her last words "His entire focus is on getting out." are spot on!... to which should be added ", no matter how much he twists the truth and manipulates to achieve it".

JB thinks he's done more than enough time in jail, and is prepared to accuse everyone except himself of wrongdoing, whether it's his sister, Essex Police, or the extended family. People should take every word he utters with a large shovelful of salt.

Offline Passer-by

« Reply #281 on: August 05, 2015, 07:55:11 PM »
I would expect anyone who has had a long prison sentence to be manipulative as it is the only way to exert influence with limited physical range of power:  it is also a modus operandi that we learn from those around us (everyone manipulates to some extent).  The outwardly respectable middle-class family hiding it's dirty washing from view and not using physical punishments is also highly likely to use manipulation as a means of control:  telling SC she was the devil's child was, effectively, an attempt to manipulate her through fear.  So I think that is a characteristic to be expected.

But about the cruel to animals:  not so good at all, anyone got any more on that?  I thought he was anti-blood sports and both JM and AE referred to this? 

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #282 on: August 05, 2015, 10:34:58 PM »
I would expect anyone who has had a long prison sentence to be manipulative as it is the only way to exert influence with limited physical range of power:  it is also a modus operandi that we learn from those around us (everyone manipulates to some extent).  The outwardly respectable middle-class family hiding it's dirty washing from view and not using physical punishments is also highly likely to use manipulation as a means of control:  telling SC she was the devil's child was, effectively, an attempt to manipulate her through fear.  So I think that is a characteristic to be expected.

But about the cruel to animals:  not so good at all, anyone got any more on that?  I thought he was anti-blood sports and both JM and AE referred to this?

I'm not condoning the OCP break-in but I have often thought JB was peeved that he apparently had the same role and responsibilities as AE and yet received less remuneration.  He discussed this with his mother, June, who told him his remuneration would be adjusted when he learned to live properly!  I do not know what was meant by this but I can quite imagine it was a reference to JM staying at JB's pad which June did not agree with.  As far as I can see JB was not breaking the law, other than the cannabis growing which I doubt June was aware of, so as a twenty something man it was up to JB how he chose to live his life.  So yes I agree there was a lot of attempting to control SC and JB by way of religion and money.

First time I heard of JB being cruel to animals was in CAL's book.  I think its VERY important to consider the source.  Apparently the claim was made by Robert Carr whose father Jim was employed by OCP.  RB had Jim Carr speak with his son Rob Carr who at the time was a serving officer in the MET and check out the investigation with his contacts in EP!  Another Carr claimed she by chance met JB in New Zealand and again didn't have a good word to say about him.  The following might be of help:

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=580.msg17683#msg17683   

Offline Passer-by

« Reply #283 on: August 06, 2015, 12:53:43 AM »
Thanks for the link:  it was very interesting, and the man was probably well-meaning but what a shocking level of indiscretion all round - for all they knew at that stage it could have been another family member.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #284 on: August 06, 2015, 02:14:16 PM »
Interesting chat.  Her last words "His entire focus is on getting out." are spot on!... to which should be added ", no matter how much he twists the truth and manipulates to achieve it".

JB thinks he's done more than enough time in jail, and is prepared to accuse everyone except himself of wrongdoing, whether it's his sister, Essex Police, or the extended family. People should take every word he utters with a large shovelful of salt.

The books also refers to JB wanting to clear his name and prove his innocence.  If he's a victim of a MoJ of course he's going to fight his corner.  Otherwise the alternative might ending up mentally ill like Stefan Kiszko.