Author Topic: Why did the PJ interview 25 staff from the Millenium restaurant?  (Read 9458 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: Why did the PJ interview 25 staff from the Millenium restaurant?
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2018, 10:56:46 AM »

I don't, in fact.

The first round of statements, IMO, was just an attempt at getting some potentially useful information within the shortest time possible in the light of an emergency situation, with officers who may have never had that kind of situation to deal with and, I suspect, whoever they found at short notice available to interpret.

I find that understandable.

What I find less understandable is why some don't make any allowances for potential misunderstandings in that chaotic period.

My impression is that the first statements read like an adaptation of a burglary claim, as opposed to even a semblance of a cognitive interview. And that's not a criticism: AFAIK, there was no missing child protocol and the emergency was to try to find her ASAP.
That is the Tapas 9  statements (when you talk about the first round) but I was thinking of all the Ocean Club employees what was the point of the questioning all of them? 
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2018, 12:59:01 PM »
That is the Tapas 9  statements (when you talk about the first round) but I was thinking of all the Ocean Club employees what was the point of the questioning all of them?

To see where people were and what they were doing, of course. Why you don't understand that I don't know.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2018, 05:25:21 PM »
p[
To see where people were and what they were doing, of course. Why you don't understand that I don't know.
What purpose?  Would they have been involved with an abduction or was it to see if they had clues about the behaviour of a certain group?
OK we would have to admit that the staff at the Millennium knew virtually nothing about the McCanns because they only went there twice early on in the week.  Do you agree with me on that one?
Tell me what do you think is the purpose of the questioning?   Was that purpose reflected in the type of questioning they were given.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline jassi

« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2018, 05:44:17 PM »
p[What purpose?  Would they have been involved with an abduction or was it to see if they had clues about the behaviour of a certain group?
OK we would have to admit that the staff at the Millennium knew virtually nothing about the McCanns because they only went there twice early on in the week.  Do you agree with me on that one?
Tell me what do you think is the purpose of the questioning?   Was that purpose reflected in the type of questioning they were given.

Did the PJ know that at the time of interview or did it only become known later?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2018, 05:44:52 PM »
p[What purpose?  Would they have been involved with an abduction or was it to see if they had clues about the behaviour of a certain group?

It had the same purpose as interviewing a cleaner who worked at the other end of the resort, nothing different.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2018, 06:01:48 PM »
if we take the first on the alphabetical list http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/ALEXANDER_SOUSA.htm and see what type of questions were being asked.
"She works as a waitress in the Millenium restaurant, OC. She says that this place is about 500 metres away from the apartment block where the events occurred."
I find that first sentence totally biased against the McCanns "500 metres away from the apartment block where the events occurred"  The witness would not know where the events occurred.  That has to be the words of the inspector IMO.
OK i would accept "500 metres away from the apartment block Ocean Gardens block 5G."  but did she say that?  Why did she say 500 metres, was she asked how far away is Ocean Gardens block 5G from the Millennium?

Next bit "She works from 16.00 to 24.00 daily with the exception of Mondays and Thursdays which are her days off. Her functions are to attend to clients at their tables and on the balcony." 
So she wasn't at work that night is that right?  No hang on she came there.  "She heard about the events on the same day at about 22.30 when she was at the restaurant bar where she works, relaxing with her mother and sister."  OK so she has an alibi.

There might have  been a question about how did you hear about it?
And did you participate in the search?  "her sister did take part in the searches, together with her boyfriend."  No names for cross referencing so not really gathering evidence.  Who was her sister, who was her boyfriend, do they admit going out on the search?  Was she telling the truth?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 06:13:09 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2018, 06:05:10 PM »
It had the same purpose as interviewing a cleaner who worked at the other end of the resort, nothing different.
If that cleaner had been in the apartment that might be really important.
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2018, 06:11:26 PM »
Did the PJ know that at the time of interview or did it only become known later?
They had interviewed Kate on the 4th.  Does she mention it?
Yes she does: "The day after their arrival, they went for breakfast at around 7.30/8.30 at the Ocean Club, in a bar situated some distance from the apartment. On the following days, because the bar was quite far away, they started buying supplies from the "BAPTISTE" supermarket, located on the same road as the apartment and they had their first meal of the day in the apartment."

So from the very moment the focus needed to be on the Baptista Supermarket not the Millennium IMO.
Moderation

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2018, 06:26:56 PM »
If that cleaner had been in the apartment that might be really important.

Until you interview them all you can't know, can you? Have you read all the Millenium statements? Do you know who 'Steve' was, and what was interesting about him? Do you know why Luis Barros was phoned at 10.59? Do you know which searchers arrived at the Millenium on 3rd? Me and the PJ know.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2018, 06:48:01 PM »
Until you interview them all you can't know, can you? Have you read all the Millenium statements? Do you know who 'Steve' was, and what was interesting about him? Do you know why Luis Barros was phoned at 10.59? Do you know which searchers arrived at the Millenium on 3rd? Me and the PJ know.
Is that important to know that?  Madeleine is already missing by that stage?

"When asked he says that on a date he cannot remember, the group, just the adults because the children were dining with the nannies, had been too late in making their dinner reservation at the Tapas, and an exception was made, authorised by his boss Steve, as the Tapas only provides for 20 dinners for half board clients as was the case." 

Who's boss?  "LUIS MIGUEL DE SOUSA BARROS's boss Steve.  You know Steve. 
Moderation

Offline Carana

« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2018, 06:50:21 PM »
They had interviewed Kate on the 4th.  Does she mention it?
Yes she does: "The day after their arrival, they went for breakfast at around 7.30/8.30 at the Ocean Club, in a bar situated some distance from the apartment. On the following days, because the bar was quite far away, they started buying supplies from the "BAPTISTE" supermarket, located on the same road as the apartment and they had their first meal of the day in the apartment."

So from the very moment the focus needed to be on the Baptista Supermarket not the Millennium IMO.

Don't forget the one or more people had contacted or been to the Millenium to either announce that she was missing or to check whether anyone had seen her.

And, as employees of the same entity, some people might have heard something potentially useful via the grapevine.

I have no problem with that. Plus, at the time, the PJ may not have been aware that the McCanns didn't have breakfast there every morning.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2018, 06:59:09 PM »
Don't forget the one or more people had contacted or been to the Millenium to either announce that she was missing or to check whether anyone had seen her.

And, as employees of the same entity, some people might have heard something potentially useful via the grapevine.

I have no problem with that. Plus, at the time, the PJ may not have been aware that the McCanns didn't have breakfast there every morning.
The ones with information can come forward.  G-unit has brought up an interesting situation of Luis  talking to Steve "his boss" but there is no file from Steve.
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2018, 07:13:31 PM »
Is that important to know that?  Madeleine is already missing by that stage?

"When asked he says that on a date he cannot remember, the group, just the adults because the children were dining with the nannies, had been too late in making their dinner reservation at the Tapas, and an exception was made, authorised by his boss Steve, as the Tapas only provides for 20 dinners for half board clients as was the case." 

Who's boss?  "LUIS MIGUEL DE SOUSA BARROS's boss Steve.  You know Steve.
It seems the Steve denies having anything to do with the MCanns http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/STEVEN_COVA.htm

That does seem to be a contradiction between "authorised by his boss Steve,"  and Steve saying he saying "He never had any contact with the girl or her family before the disappearance and heard about them from the press."
Moderation

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2018, 07:18:24 PM »
The ones with information can come forward.  G-unit has brought up an interesting situation of Luis  talking to Steve "his boss" but there is no file from Steve.

This thread seems to be just about you criticising the PJ for interviewing the Millenium employees because in your opinion it wasn't necessary. I have a different opinion and I'm not going to change it. Stalemate.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2018, 07:25:36 PM »
This thread seems to be just about you criticising the PJ for interviewing the Millenium employees because in your opinion it wasn't necessary. I have a different opinion and I'm not going to change it. Stalemate.
The game goes on.
Moderation