Author Topic: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)  (Read 398505 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)
« Reply #5355 on: July 01, 2019, 11:05:20 AM »
By saying something personal against me.  " I was highlighting what I see as your bias"  Don't you think I'm not hurt by you saying/implying I'm biased?

If you are hurt by what I say that'd your decision... That's from Buddha... I'm not expecting you to accept that  but that's the way I work

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #5356 on: July 01, 2019, 11:08:24 AM »
If you ask me to learn from Jesus you are asking me to accept his, existence.... I don't believe he ever existed..
I was brought  up aChristian and rejected it.
I watched an interesting debate between Richard Dawkins and Cardinal Pell... What an evil man the Christian was found to be by the courts ...but Dawkins the aetheist... A real gentleman

I'm surprised KM has such strong faith given her background in science.
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline John

« Reply #5357 on: July 01, 2019, 11:16:22 AM »
Moderation

I have this morning instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease. Posters who continue to flaunt the rules despite this warning will be subject to a ban without further notice.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #5358 on: July 01, 2019, 11:25:22 AM »

She wasn't particularly devout before her daughter disappeared afaik.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Erngath

« Reply #5359 on: July 01, 2019, 11:28:48 AM »
She wasn't particularly devout before her daughter disappeared afaik.

What do you mean by "devout" ?

No Catholic I know would ever use that adjective in regard to their own religious practice.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #5360 on: July 01, 2019, 11:35:59 AM »
Well she was basically barren and then she had three kids.  I think she felt blessed, but given a handful at the same time.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5361 on: July 01, 2019, 11:37:00 AM »

Desperation... Although there are, scientists who are religious

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #5362 on: July 01, 2019, 11:42:41 AM »
If you are hurt by what I say that'd your decision... That's from Buddha... I'm not expecting you to accept that  but that's the way I work
I once had a girlfriend who was a Buddhist, but I must admit I don't know too much about the Buddhist philosophy myself.
As John said "sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease", well here's to becoming a true Buddhist.

Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #5363 on: July 01, 2019, 11:42:44 AM »

There are quite a few notable ones.
I've no doubt desperation did make her cling more to her faith and prayers.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5364 on: July 01, 2019, 11:50:59 AM »
I once had a girlfriend who was a Buddhist, but I must admit I don't know too much about the Buddhist philosophy myself.
As John said "sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease", well here's to becoming a true Buddhist.

Being a Buddhist means you don't let the sniping and name calling hurt you... If posters want to insult me that's fine.. I'm not at all bothered... But I like to point out the unfairness involved... Buddhism is the only atheistic religion..

I'm interested in angels.... Common throughout many religions and therefore a uniting force rather than a dividing force... In Buddhism we have the Chinese Angel..Guan Yin.. I'm just about to have a cup of Guan Yin tea

Offline The General

« Reply #5365 on: July 01, 2019, 12:09:19 PM »
Everyone brought up in Liverpool in that era had little choice.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 12:21:09 PM by The General »
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #5366 on: July 01, 2019, 12:27:47 PM »
Everyone brought up in Liverpool in that era had little choice.

My husband was of Irish Catholic stock. He attended church on Sundays because the priest came to his school every Monday morning to cross examine those who hadn't attended.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline The General

« Reply #5367 on: July 01, 2019, 12:41:30 PM »
My husband was of Irish Catholic stock. He attended church on Sundays because the priest came to his school every Monday morning to cross examine those who hadn't attended.
Exactly. We used to go to the church, grab a leaflet, check what colour frock he had on and legged it down to the shop with the money that was meant for the collection box.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #5368 on: July 01, 2019, 12:52:19 PM »
Exactly. We used to go to the church, grab a leaflet, check what colour frock he had on and legged it down to the shop with the money that was meant for the collection box.
Are you a supporter or a sceptic as regards the McCann case?
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5369 on: July 01, 2019, 12:55:37 PM »
Are you a supporter or a sceptic as regards the McCann case?

The General is a sceptic based mainly on the evidence of the dogs... Which he judges to be reliable