Author Topic: What IF Luke Mitchell is proven guilty after the remaining samples are tested?  (Read 7686 times)

Offline Mr Apples

I’ll unpick this more thoroughly later but just to point out that Dobbie said that there was no ‘unidentified’ DNA on Jodi. Of course any DNA from her family would be simply put down to transference but was Dobbie right to disregard that DNA?

In your own time, faith. Maybe, from now on, we should measure your posts in Radiocarbon Dating?

Offline TruthSeeker2003

8@??)(. There are some sick people on the internet who latch onto cases purely to indulge in their favourite hobby of victim blaming.   If the victim’s family is anything other than 100% perfect then they are ripe for blaming and accusing in the eyes of these sick people and they rewlly don’t care who they hurt in the process.  It’s very sad, especially when it comes from individuals imploring their followers to “be kind”.  What a joke.

Says the person who is unable to understand the thread I created. *%87
“I am a Truthseeker, searching for truth” “Make of that what you will”

Offline TruthSeeker2003

More delightful victim blaming.  How are you being allowed to get away with it?

Victim blaming?  *%87 You love to throw around labels. It shows your lack of understanding this thread and your close-mindedness. This thread is not about innocence or guilt. It's about what the justice system did to gain the result they wanted. Was it ethical? Was it just?

Offline TruthSeeker2003

You really can’t see the difference between pouring scorn on a tv criminologist and accusing a murder victim’s family of being shit parents and of covering up for one of their own?  No of course you can’t, because you have no empathy and terrible judgment. 
IMO.

*%87 *%87 *%87

I could say the same of you? Your closed mind. Your unwillingness to comprehend the purpose of this thread. This is for robust debate. Not an opportunity for you to show off the labels you so love to use. Perhaps read it again. I can't explain the purpose of this thread in any more ways. Another member tried also. Perhaps find a thread you understand.

Offline Venturi Swirl

*%87 *%87 *%87

I could say the same of you? Your closed mind. Your unwillingness to comprehend the purpose of this thread. This is for robust debate. Not an opportunity for you to show off the labels you so love to use. Perhaps read it again. I can't explain the purpose of this thread in any more ways. Another member tried also. Perhaps find a thread you understand.
What’s to debate?  You are insisting that even if the verdict is 100% correct the process in arriving at it is 100% wrong.  Unless I 100% agree with you I am apparently a moron.  The end. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

In your own time, faith. Maybe, from now on, we should measure your posts in Radiocarbon Dating?

You are absolutely right Mr Apples. Your post slipped had my mind…apologies.

Agreed DNA will not prove Luke’s guilt but it could prove that someone else was at the locus who testified that they were elsewhere. I’ve already covered transference in my first answer to your post. A family member could indeed be guilty but their DNA at the locus would take us no further forward, as with Luke.

As to this part of your post:

“ It's impossible for the DNA in this case to prove LM's guilt, since he was in an intimate relationship with her. Only Jodi's blood on his person (i.e., incriminating DNA) could prove he was the killer -- that's why he disposed of his olive green parka jacket with the German flags on the sleeves and purchased a brand new a week after the murder. He'd also briefly washed between 1830 -1930 and hence why the boys he met with in the abbey at 1930 that evening testified in court that LM was looking noticeably cleaner and more kempt than he normally did. Or, if he had scratches on his person and Jodi had his skin under her nails (not as incriminating as having her blood on him), but we know that didn't happen as she was overpowered by him after he initially struck her violently to incapacitate her.”

Luke called David High at 6.30, around the time he was seen for a second time by Andrew Holborn, and asked him to come round to his house.

“ School pal David High, 16, says that Mitchell called him at about 6.30pm on June 30 last year and invited him round. ”

You therefore must be suggesting that Luke, desperate to go home and ‘wash briefly’ then invites his friends around to the very place he’d be going to ‘wash’. Luke then calls David back and changes their meeting place to the Abbey. Ah you are going to say he realised he didn’t have enough time to clean himself up so changed the location to the Abbey. Hold on though what if High had only been a few minutes away and had got there before Luke had ‘washed briefly’? Too many unknowns for a master criminal like Luke. So why invite his friends round in the first place? He knew that he had been seen by boys he knew, that carefully crafted alibi of his presence on the Newbattle Road was in place so why take the risk?

Further Luke and his friends were at the Abbey from 7pm not 7.30pm. David Tulloch testified to the time in court.

‘ He said: 'That night I got a phone call from David High, who was pals with Luke.

'We went up to meet him at the college at about 7pm and we just mucked about. ’

So even less time for Luke to have a ‘brief wash’….but hold on a minute, if Luke had needed a ‘brief wash’ at 6.30 why was no incriminating DNA found on the clothes he was wearing that night? Not a speck.

As to Luke looking cleaner that night I have never seen one scintilla of evidence that any of Luke’s friends ever said that but perhaps you have a cite that you’d be willing to share?

And now we come to the parka. None of the witnesses who claimed to see Luke that night ever suggested that there were German flags on the sleeves of the jacket he was wearing. In fact Bryson made it clear that the youth was not wearing a parka and she had told the police that at the time. There was also  talk of an army shirt with badges on but the police had that. You appear to have, mistakenly, conflated the two clothing items.

Further Luke’s house was thoroughly searched on the 4th of July and no parka was found. Can you explain please why Corrine would then go out and buy Luke a parka on the 7th thus drawing attention to a parka in the first place? It makes no sense if a carefully constructed alibi was being manufactured.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2023, 09:45:09 PM by faithlilly »
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

Truthseeker will likely be furious that you guys have taken his very important thread off topic.  *%87 *%87 *%87
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline TruthSeeker2003

What’s to debate?  You are insisting that even if the verdict is 100% correct the process in arriving at it is 100% wrong.  Unless I 100% agree with you I am apparently a moron.  The end.

I never said that. Do you know what debate means? I never called you a moron neither but if the cap fits.... (&^& (&^&

Offline Venturi Swirl

I never said that. Do you know what debate means? I never called you a moron neither but if the cap fits.... (&^& (&^&
So you are calling me a moron then?  Just to be clear you’ve repeatedly told me I don’t understand what you’ve written and it’s true I don’t understand your logic and have explained why I don’t.  Your idea of debate is to pat me on the head and tell me you feel sorry for my lack of comprehension and suggest I go elsewhere.  Very constructive I’m sure!

Offline TruthSeeker2003

So you are calling me a moron then?  Just to be clear you’ve repeatedly told me I don’t understand what you’ve written and it’s true I don’t understand your logic and have explained why I don’t.  Your idea of debate is to pat me on the head and tell me you feel sorry for my lack of comprehension and suggest I go elsewhere.  Very constructive I’m sure!

You brought the word up. Not me. If that is what you think about yourself it's not my fault it's yours. I did try to get you to comprehend the purpose of this thread several times. So did another member. You cannot blame me for your lack of understanding and your inability to grasp the different ways we tried rewording it for you. It's not up to me to teach you. I did try but you were rude.

Offline Venturi Swirl

You brought the word up. Not me. If that is what you think about yourself it's not my fault it's yours. I did try to get you to comprehend the purpose of this thread several times. So did another member. You cannot blame me for your lack of understanding and your inability to grasp the different ways we tried rewording it for you. It's not up to me to teach you. I did try but you were rude.
Stop wasting your time trying to educate morons, “debate” this issue with someone who agrees with you instead, there’s a love.

Offline TruthSeeker2003

Stop wasting your time trying to educate morons, “debate” this issue with someone who agrees with you instead, there’s a love.

Aw bless your little heart. You finally understand something. Well done🏅

Don't be so hard on yourself. You can't help that you see yourself as a moron. I hope you get the help you need.

Offline Venturi Swirl

Aw bless your little heart. You finally understand something. Well done🏅

Don't be so hard on yourself. You can't help that you see yourself as a moron. I hope you get the help you need.
Thanks, I really appreciate your kind words.  Now go and “debate” this issue with people who agree with everything you say and be happy safe in the knowledge that you are far and away the cleverest person on the internet.  &^&*%

Offline TruthSeeker2003

Thanks, I really appreciate your kind words.  Now go and “debate” this issue with people who agree with everything you say and be happy safe in the knowledge that you are far and away the cleverest person on the internet.  &^&*%

Oh you poor wee lamb. I hope you get the help or education you need. Come back when you know the meaning of debate. Because it's clear that you don't. Unfortunately people who know the meaning still have to suffer the lack of comprehension from those who don't. It's a heavy cross to bare.

Good luck  *%87 *%87 *%87 *%87 *%87

Offline Venturi Swirl

Debate means discussing an issue or subject and putting forward opposing arguments which I did.  My points were completely ignored by the OP on the grounds (they claimed) that I didn’t understand their post (which I did).  I even clearly stated that the OP may have a point (ie that the Scottish legal system is far from ideal an may need reforming) but my argument was that attaching this brief to a case which is proven demonstrably correct and in which justice has clearly been done would make little sense.  No doubt I will be further ridiculed and patronised for making this observation again.  The OP will clearly only tolerate those that agree with them and is not interested in debate.