Author Topic: The Boris Bounce and all the Benefits of Brexit  (Read 35701 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

The Boris Bounce and all the Benefits of Brexit
« on: January 18, 2020, 05:50:10 PM »
I thought we could start a nice positive thread to highlight all the benefits we are enjoying and will enjoy as a country thanks to Boris and Brexit.

Let’s kick off with this one

“Luxury tour operators have recorded a “huge surge” in holiday bookings since the landslide Conservative general election win last month.

Wealthy travellers are splashing cash on lavish trips in record numbers with holiday companies reporting leaps of up to 500 per cent in inquiries for luxury trips.

Ampersand Travel says inquiries for holidays costing more than £50,000 have jumped by 27 per cent since the election, while another operator, Scott Dunn, saw its bookings jump 31 per cent last week as it recorded the busiest day in its 32-year history.

Travel industry bosses said yesterday that consumer confidence had been restored after Boris Johnson’s crushing defeat of Jeremy Corbyn and that wealthy travellers, who had been playing a game of “wait and see”, were booking holidays in their droves”.

Isn’t it marvellous news?  The wealthiest citizens have their luxury summer holidays booked after months of indecision.  Good news for us, and great news for the planet!
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Online Eleanor

Re: The Boris Bounce and all the Benefits of Brexit
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2020, 09:05:51 PM »

I don't know what to say.  France was always a good place to go if you didn't want to travel too far and wanted to briefly escape.

I live here which is an entirely different thing.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2020, 11:15:04 PM »
Another Brexit Bonus - no more regulatory alignment with the EU which is great news for British businesses (apart from those ones for whom it will cause no end of problems and costs, as acknowledged by the Chancellor). 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2020, 10:59:54 PM »
Here’s one to delight the inhabitants of Brexitshire

Boris Johnson has promised easier immigration from Africa to help build stronger business links, as he pledged to put “people before passports” after Brexit.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2020, 11:54:00 PM »
Here’s one to delight the inhabitants of Brexitshire

Boris Johnson has promised easier immigration from Africa to help build stronger business links, as he pledged to put “people before passports” after Brexit.

You have got to laugh !
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2020, 11:09:28 PM »
You have got to laugh !

Tears rolling down my cheeks as  I read.  what will these businesses be? guns? warheads ... Most African nations depend on handouts and charity workers to keep them alive fgs
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2020, 07:16:49 AM »
Yay, we must all prepare for border checks, despite constantly being told these would not be necessary by the Brexiteers.

Gove tells business to be prepared for checks at border after Brexit
The chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster said: ”You have to accept we will need some friction”
The chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster said: ”You have to accept we will need some friction”
PAUL ELLIS

Michael Gove has told businesses to prepare for “inevitable” border checks in the first official confirmation of how a “Canada-style” deal will lead to trade barriers after Brexit.

Mr Gove, the chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster, yesterday told companies trading with the EU that there would be border checks for “almost everybody” after the transition period finishes at the end of the year.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2020, 08:50:17 PM »
The Boris bounce didn’t last long, did it ?

The Firemen’s Union has called Johnson’s handling of the flooding around the UK as a shambles. The British travellers trapped on the cruise ship in Japan have said that they feel let down by the inaction of Johnson and his government on their behalf. Harry Dunn’s family are suing the Foreign Office. Priti Patel has been accused of bullying.

Not bad for only having been in power for a few months.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2020, 09:06:13 PM »
The Boris bounce didn’t last long, did it ?

The Firemen’s Union has called Johnson’s handling of the flooding around the UK as a shambles. The British travellers trapped on the cruise ship in Japan have said that they feel let down by the inaction of Johnson and his government on their behalf. Harry Dunn’s family are suing the Foreign Office. Priti Patel has been accused of bullying.

Not bad for only having been in power for a few months.
Yeah but at least we’ve taken back control.  Anyone seen a Brexit 50p yet?  I can’t wait to get one in my change.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2020, 10:38:40 PM »
Yeah but at least we’ve taken back control.  Anyone seen a Brexit 50p yet?  I can’t wait to get one in my change.

Taken back control and immediately handed it to Cummings and his group of weirdos.

By the time Johnson has devalued the working population of this country you’ll be lucky to even own a 50p piece  8(0(*

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2020, 11:05:09 PM »
Taken back control and immediately handed it to Cummings and his group of weirdos.

By the time Johnson has devalued the working population of this country you’ll be lucky to even own a 50p piece  8(0(*
How do you perceive Boris is doing that out of interest?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2020, 11:45:13 PM »
How do you perceive Boris is doing that out of interest?

I’ll let this article explain....and look forward to your comments.

https://voxpoliticalonline.com/2020/02/20/tories-create-sweatshop-britain-with-zero-hours-increase-and-immigration-cut/

Offline faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2020, 07:22:44 AM »
Spamming threads with links without any comment is hardly conducive to good debate.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2020, 09:04:28 AM »
Spamming threads with links without any comment is hardly conducive to good debate.

The links are the springboards to debate. Care to comment ?