Author Topic: My Response from the Prisoner Location Service  (Read 17946 times)

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
Re: My Response from the Prisoner Location Service
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2018, 11:05:18 AM »
I'm not sure I understand this. I think they can give that information out with Tabak's permission. I'm pretty sure that is how the system works anyway.

That was my understanding of it too.

Offline [...]

« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2018, 11:38:20 AM »
That was my understanding of it too.

So why all the secrecy ?? They certainly gave you the run around mrswah.....  &^^&*

Offline Baz

« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2018, 12:38:40 PM »
So why all the secrecy ?? They certainly gave you the run around mrswah.....  &^^&*

Did they give mrswah the run around?

I did the same thing. Sent them a request. I presume this request is then sent through to 'Dr Vincent Tabak'  who can reply saying "yes give them my details" "no, i don't want to hear from that person" or just not reply to their request at all (which the service takes as a no.) So by not responding to the request he has said no. That is my understanding.

I'm not sure what more we can expect? For them to go to him and demand an explanation for his refusal to correspond with a nosy stranger (referring to myself not mrswah!)

Offline [...]

« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2018, 12:49:39 PM »
Did they give mrswah the run around?

I did the same thing. Sent them a request. I presume this request is then sent through to 'Dr Vincent Tabak'  who can reply saying "yes give them my details" "no, i don't want to hear from that person" or just not reply to their request at all (which the service takes as a no.) So by not responding to the request he has said no. That is my understanding.

I'm not sure what more we can expect? For them to go to him and demand an explanation for his refusal to correspond with a nosy stranger (referring to myself not mrswah!)

Was data protection apparently..

My final response!!!

Dear Sir/Madam

I refer to your correspondence regarding the above named.

Unfortunately, because of the restraints of the Data Protection Act of not providing information regarding a prisoner without their consent, and due to the length of time passed, I am unable to supply you with the information you require and have no alternative but to close our files.

I am not permitted, because of the Data Protection Act to confirm whether or not they are or has(sic) been in prison custody.

I am sorry that on this occasion I am unable to help you.

Please be advised that files are retained for twelve months and should offenders return their consent forms to us during this time span we will relay their wishes to those who enquired.

Kind regards.

So, according to this, they sent an enquiry to the prison and received no response.

Oh well. Another mystery-------is he dead, is he ill, is he back in Holland, is he merely determined not to have any contact with the outside world?????

Offline Baz

« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2018, 12:53:24 PM »

Was data protection apparently..

Yes, as in can't give out someone's data without their permission.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2018, 12:55:59 PM »
I'm not sure I understand this. I think they can give that information out with Tabak's permission. I'm pretty sure that is how the system works anyway.

That's what I meant - they can give the info with his permission, you can obtain it from someone else but they don't give it just because someone asks. There is no mystery.

Offline justsaying

« Reply #66 on: October 24, 2018, 05:02:40 PM »
You do not have to go through PLS to write to a prisoner. You can write to them at their last known prison and the letter will be forwarded onto wherever they have been transferred. You do not need a prison number to do this, the letter will still be forwarded.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2018, 12:22:57 PM »
Unlikely I think, but they are not going to make communication easy. They also demand all your details if you write to a prisoner and they try intimidation tactics like logging you as a "Known Associate". Could be worse though, you might be considered a friend of the force.

Come the revolution, that could get painful.

Can you expand on these "intimidation tactics" to which you refer?

And what "revolution?"
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Dexter

« Reply #68 on: April 26, 2022, 04:14:14 PM »
Vincent Tabak, 44, has been transferred to HMP Winchester from maximum security Wakefield prison where he’s been held for most of his time since the Christmas killing of his neighbour.