Author Topic: CMTV Gonçalo Amaral - O Enigma - with English subtitles  (Read 159076 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: CMTV Gonçalo Amaral - O Enigma - with English subtitles
« Reply #1350 on: September 21, 2017, 12:59:11 PM »
So Smithman looks something like Gerry, but not Gerry himself.  That is a very good start really.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1351 on: September 21, 2017, 01:10:14 PM »
What I should have posted earlier was that the stranger was clearly visible to the Smith party, they could see his head and face but because of the gloom his features were indiscernible.

Martin Smith stated that his wife offered a simple question to the stranger as to whether the child was sleeping, at no time have I ever suggested that he spoke to said stranger.

I'm afraid you are mixing fact with newspaper reportage John, Nowhere except in one of the tabloids have I ever read that MS's wife spoke to the man carrying the child. Do you have a cite?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1352 on: September 21, 2017, 01:34:52 PM »
Mr Smith said nothing in his statements about his wife speaking to the man. In my opinion that's a rumour. Mr Smith did speak to the Mirror, apparently, in October 2013;

“It looked as if they put 90% credence on the Jane Tanner sighting, maybe that wrong-footed them and they didn’t take our sighting as seriously. I was surprised it took six years to rule out the other sighting.”

“We‘d all love to see the police get to the bottom of what happened.”

“We think about Madeleine a lot and we would love to see a conclusion to this case.

“The only new thing in the investigation is the elimination of Jane Tanner’s sighting.

“Apart from that from our point of view everything else remains the same in relation to what we said to the police and the media at the time. We have nothing more to add.”
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-key-witness-accuses-2433328

Interesting that in 2013 it seems MS hadn't changed his opinion about who he was almost sure he saw that night, contrary to other reports.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Benice

« Reply #1353 on: September 21, 2017, 01:45:21 PM »
Mr Smith said nothing in his statements about his wife speaking to the man. In my opinion that's a rumour. Mr Smith did speak to the Mirror, apparently, in October 2013;

“It looked as if they put 90% credence on the Jane Tanner sighting, maybe that wrong-footed them and they didn’t take our sighting as seriously. I was surprised it took six years to rule out the other sighting.”

“We think about Madeleine a lot and we would love to see a conclusion to this case.

“The only new thing in the investigation is the elimination of Jane Tanner’s sighting.

“Apart from that from our point of view everything else remains the same in relation to what we said to the police and the media at the time. We have nothing more to add.”
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-key-witness-accuses-2433328

Mrs Smith also said this to the media.

“This weekend, Mr Smith's wife Mary told the Mail on Sunday her husband had no regrets about coming forward. ‘He [Martin] doesn't want to talk, said Mrs Smith. He said what he had to say. I was with him [that night]. We saw a man carrying a child and that's all we know. We told them all that and that's it. The man he saw had the same stature as Gerry McCann. We felt we had to help. We're happy we did. We reported exactly what we saw…our hearts are breaking for her parents, as it would be if it were one of ours. 'I feel very much for them [the McCanns]. I have six grandchildren of my own and six children of my own. The poor McCann family must be heartbroken.''
End Quote

That doesn't sound to me as if the Smiths think the McCanns had anything to do with Madeleine's removal from 5A.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline misty

« Reply #1354 on: September 21, 2017, 01:46:10 PM »

“It looked as if they put 90% credence on the Jane Tanner sighting, maybe that wrong-footed them and they didn’t take our sighting as seriously. I was surprised it took six years to rule out the other sighting.

There had been no active police investigation for around 4 years.
Why would he be surprised that the sighting had not been ruled out? Is that what he was expecting? Why not be more surprised that the person had not been identified as the potential abductor?

« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 02:10:07 PM by misty »

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1355 on: September 21, 2017, 01:48:56 PM »

“This weekend, Mr Smith's wife Mary told the Mail on Sunday her husband had no regrets about coming forward. ‘He [Martin] doesn't want to talk, said Mrs Smith. He said what he had to say. I was with him [that night]. We saw a man carrying a child and that's all we know. We told them all that and that's it. The man he saw had the same stature as Gerry McCann. We felt we had to help. We're happy we did. We reported exactly what we saw…our hearts are breaking for her parents, as it would be if it were one of ours. 'I feel very much for them [the McCanns]. I have six grandchildren of my own and six children of my own. The poor McCann family must be heartbroken.''
End Quote

At that time it was believed Madeleine had died in an accident. The quote must surely be viewed in that context.

That doesn't sound to me as if the Smiths think the McCanns had anything to do with Madeleine's removal from 5A.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1356 on: September 21, 2017, 02:08:42 PM »

End Quote

I notice there's no link to the original article. Is there a reason for that?

You are quoting Mrs Smith who never gave any statement to the police. Does one member of a family speak for them all? Does a wife speak for her husband? Not according to what Mr Smith said in October 2013.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline misty

« Reply #1357 on: September 21, 2017, 03:08:36 PM »

Full article including quote available here.

http://themaddiecasefiles.com/topic8771.html

The Irish Mail on Sunday [Paper edition only]
10 August 2008

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1358 on: September 21, 2017, 05:10:14 PM »
Full article including quote available here.

The Irish Mail on Sunday [Paper edition only]
10 August 2008

That's where this baseless statement came from then?

Mr. Smith had initally told police he had seen a man carrying a child that night, but that he couldn't identify him because he had not been wearing his glasses.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #1359 on: September 21, 2017, 05:50:58 PM »

End Quote

It wouldn't matter whether they did or didn't, their opinion has no relevance. The only things of relevance are the Smith's statements with respect to what they saw around 22:00 hrs on 3rd May 2007.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1360 on: September 21, 2017, 07:38:19 PM »
So Smithman looks something like Gerry, but not Gerry himself.  That is a very good start really.
"The man he saw had the same stature as Gerry McCann"  Mary Smith
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 07:44:41 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #1361 on: September 21, 2017, 08:47:57 PM »
I believe Smith man to be of importance. It doesn't matter at this point if it is Gerry or not, because it rules out abducted by paedophiles and or a loving couple looking for a child- sleeping in a bed.

The abduction via 'snatched from bed' theory, by either these two theories, is surely not a deliverable as far as 'searching for Madeleine' report by OG is concerned.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1362 on: September 21, 2017, 09:39:54 PM »
I believe Smith man to be of importance. It doesn't matter at this point if it is Gerry or not, because it rules out abducted by paedophiles and or a loving couple looking for a child- sleeping in a bed.

The abduction via 'snatched from bed' theory, by either these two theories, is surely not a deliverable as far as 'searching for Madeleine' report by OG is concerned.
No it doesn't
Moderation

Offline slartibartfast

“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1364 on: September 21, 2017, 11:12:08 PM »
Why?
because it rules out abducted ... a loving couple looking for a child " was the bit I objected too.  Smithman could be part of the loving couple.  They don't have to go there and do it as a couple.
Moderation