Author Topic: The Earlier Reports Made about the case  (Read 45152 times)

Offline John

Re: The Earlier Reports Made about the case
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2017, 12:19:48 PM »
Topic related posts only please.  Anything else will be removed. TY
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 05:35:48 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline [...]

« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2017, 08:49:50 AM »
This is when they have arrested CJ...  it's the day before they go to Holland and DCI Phil Jones says:

someone out there is holding that vital piece of information

Next news Tanja and Dr Vincent Tabak make the infamous phone call....  And off they pop..... It's a little coincidental...

Why did they never play this phone call in court....  Then I have the CPS who say that they were looking at Dr Vincent Tabak in late December.... Did the CPS advise for this press conference to be screened ??

Basically Tanja and Dr Vincent Tabak must be watching the news all the time they are away...And I can't see that...
How did they see the news in Holland??? It wasn't a big news story over there ???

I've attached a screen shot.... what does the intitails on the paper sign stand for ?? S O R C Y

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline [...]

« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2017, 09:52:40 AM »
Joanna Yeates murder trial: defendant Vincent Tabak gives evidence

Joanna Yeates murder trial: defendant Vincent Tabak gives evidence; December 2010 Bristol: Clifton: Canynge Road: SNOW ON GROUND GV Exterior of flat where Joanne Yeates lived Path beside flat PAN to front door

Screen shot shows the flats keys and the Intercom panel in Tack...  How did the media get around the back of the flats in December ??  This is a crime scene... How are they allowed to wander around there ????

Are the keys to Dr Vincent Tabaks flat on that bunch of keys??????

http://www.gettyimages.ca/detail/video/joanna-yeates-murder-trial-defendant-vincent-tabak-gives-news-footage/656385638

Offline Leonora

« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2017, 11:33:55 AM »
Basically Tanja and Dr Vincent Tabak must be watching the news all the time they are away...And I can't see that...
How did they see the news in Holland??? It wasn't a big news story over there ???
I have asked myself this question many times. I don't believe the disappearance and death of Joanna Yeates was reported by overseas national media at all, with the possible exception of the Irish news media. After Vincent Tabak was arrested, the Netherlands media came onboard. However, I don't believe CJ's arrest would have been reported on TV in Holland, so VT must have been constantly researching the case on that notorious laptop, wth TM of course peering over his shoulder but not touching.

It would never cross people's mind in the UK that the whole world was not following the JY case day by day.

DC Karen Thomas allegedly rang to VT on Christmas eve and also on one other occasion. I suspect that she fed him a number of tips that were actually traps to get him to keep an eye on the case.

Offline [...]

« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2017, 11:57:23 AM »
I have asked myself this question many times. I don't believe the disappearance and death of Joanna Yeates was reported by overseas national media at all, with the possible exception of the Irish news media. After Vincent Tabak was arrested, the Netherlands media came onboard. However, I don't believe CJ's arrest would have been reported on TV in Holland, so VT must have been constantly researching the case on that notorious laptop, wth TM of course peering over his shoulder but not touching.

It would never cross people's mind in the UK that the whole world was not following the JY case day by day.

DC Karen Thomas allegedly rang to VT on Christmas eve and also on one other occasion. I suspect that she fed him a number of tips that were actually traps to get him to keep an eye on the case.

So there should be a record of where his laptop was being used and if he defineatley had it with him when he was in Holland...

And when I look at the searches I find one search for the news around that time... after boxing day the 26th December 2010 there are virtually no searches until January 2011

At Line 340 of the prosecution chart
Tabak Googled on 26 Dec 2010
‘Yeates’
At 3.00 pm he search the Telegraph Newspaper online
At 3:43 pm he searched online global newspapers
At 3.45 pm he searched the words
‘Suspension bridge police footage’
At Line 347 of the prosecution chart
 Tabak searched Google maps for
‘maps to Longwood lane’
‘Mirror newspaper website’
‘BBC news’
‘alcohol –police limits’
At Line 368 of the prosecution chart
Tabak searched for the Press release about
‘domestic rubbish’
‘Yeates’
‘architect’s killer’
‘maps for Clifton Road’
‘Clifton Road rubbish’
‘393 tons of rubbish trawled through’
‘household collections- Bristol City Council’
‘recycling’

Rubbish search was on the 4th January 2011... so between 26th Januray 2010 and 4th January 2011 he did one search that was line 347.....

So he wasn't following the case as they say..... So how did he find out about CJ's arrest?

26th December 2010.. busy looking at cctv footage..
27th December 2010... where is his search for the results of the autopsy???

Why at this point is he bothered about alcohol levels ??

http://www.criminal-lawyer.org.uk/39-CLN-JAN-2012.pdf

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2017, 02:08:29 PM »
He must have found out about CJ's arrest through the internet, if it was not broadcast on TV, but he might not have been using his own laptop. He might well have borrowed one from his family in Holland.

OR------somebody telephoned, or e mailed him and told him about it.

Offline Leonora

« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2017, 04:18:16 PM »
He must have found out about CJ's arrest through the internet, if it was not broadcast on TV, but he might not have been using his own laptop. He might well have borrowed one from his family in Holland.

OR------somebody telephoned, or e mailed him and told him about it.
"Vincent Tabak attempted to incriminate landlord Christopher Jefferies in the disappearance of Joanna Yeates, a court heard today. On the night former Clifton College teacher Mr Jefferies was arrested, Tabak's girlfriend Tanja Morson rang police to say they had some information. The couple, who were staying with Tabak's family in the Netherlands, said they had seen reports of Mr Jefferies's arrest on Dutch TV on December 30."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/jo-yeates-trial-vincent-tabak-275071

I don't believe a word of it. Do you? He wasn't arrested at night - he was arrested at breakfast time.

Offline [...]

« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2017, 05:22:24 PM »
"Vincent Tabak attempted to incriminate landlord Christopher Jefferies in the disappearance of Joanna Yeates, a court heard today. On the night former Clifton College teacher Mr Jefferies was arrested, Tabak's girlfriend Tanja Morson rang police to say they had some information. The couple, who were staying with Tabak's family in the Netherlands, said they had seen reports of Mr Jefferies's arrest on Dutch TV on December 30."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/jo-yeates-trial-vincent-tabak-275071

I don't believe a word of it. Do you? He wasn't arrested at night - he was arrested at breakfast time.

From the same link in your quote leonora ...

"I immediately thought it was strange, having had a phone conversation with him on December 24 that he mentioned in that conversation that he had in fact been out twice that evening," she said.

Why was DC Thomas ringing Dr Vincent Tabak on Christmas Eve????

He was away... it was the festive holiday... why were they still asking him question...??

If nothing appeared out of the ordinary and he hadn't raised suspicion then why ring him...??

Did she ring him after they had spoken to the CPS??? when did the CPS advise them??

I find it extremely strange them ringing him.... they had been around to the flat when she went missing... So for her to ring him seems strange... I'm sure they had been to the flat more than once before they rang him!!

The couple, who were staying with Tabak's family in the Netherlands, said they had seen reports of Mr Jefferies's arrest on Dutch TV on December 30.

Cannot see it being on Dutch TV.... period!!  That would only be of interest after Dr Vincent Tabak was arrested...

Offline [...]

« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2017, 07:13:39 PM »
I've attached the picture of them taking Dr Vincent Tabak's Bike from Aberdeen Road on :

Details
Credit: ITN
Clip #: 655396824SD
Collection: ITN
Date created: 22 January, 2011
Licence type: Rights-ready
You can find the link on Video clips thread...

This images is in public view extremely early in the investigations... why bring it out at night??? So you don't see any detail (IMO) after taking advice from my cyclist husband, I believe it's a hybrid type of bike... not a road bike and not a mountain bike... but a cross between the two... It's just a basic bike at the end of the day...

So... did he have a cover ??? Did he have a bag???

In the Defences opening statement he mentions it being a Bike Bag....
He carried the body from her flat to his flat.
He then put her body in the bag that he used to cover his bike.

Then it changes to cover......

Defence Counsel: What did you do next?
Tabak: I decided to put her body in my bicycle cover.
Defence Counsel: Was it your bicycle cover or Tanja’s?
Tabak: No- it was mine.

I keep thinking about this..... In the early reports in the media it was always suggested that her body had been removed in a suitcase.. So when they first talk about bike bag.. you envisage  something that zips up or closes completely or there would be NO purpose in using it.. I also believe it is because you would probably need wheels to move a heavy object...

By the Defence again mention the Bike Bag on opening statement, it puts the image in the jury's mind of how Dr Vincent Tabak could have transported Joanna Yeates to Longwood Lane without loads of transfer of DNA etc......

But it's only when we have then to imaging how the blood could have ended up in the car that it becomes easier to understand if he only had a cover....

Not only that... a Bike Bag tends to be a solid unflexible object where you would need to dismantle the bike to put it within it...

But when we need to visualise how Dr Vincent Tabak was to dispose of the Bike bag... it becomes a cover, which makes us see how possible it would be to drop in a bin... otherwise you have some chunky bike bag protruding out of a bin and someone would notice straight away!!!

If the bike bag/ cover ... was a cover what would be the point of Dr Vincent Tabak using it?...... It would be of no value to him...  he might as well have used a sheet or duvet for that matter or a few bin liners.... But a bike bag conjurors up a solid object making the transport easier...

So is it....

(1): Cover... which would go over the bicycle..  Or

(2): Bag.... which a body would have to be placed inside..

With the idea of the Bike bag... I had assumed she had been put in the foetal position because she had been in the bag....
But if we are talking bike cover... she wouldn't need to be in the foetal position.. it's a lot bigger and wouldn't have any solid parts to it...

What action did he use to lift??

Bike bag,... there would be a handle... Bike cover slippy and awkward!!

http://www.criminal-lawyer.org.uk/39-CLN-JAN-2012.pdf

Offline [...]

« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2017, 07:25:58 PM »
Continuing from a couple of posts above this one....

Why did the Police keep interviewing Dr Vincent Tabak about Joanna Yeates??

I was just thinking... if it was me for instance I wouldn't have a great deal to say... If i don't know my neighbour i would not be of any value to the Police...

Dr Vincent Tabak said that he had never met or seen his new neighbours... So how could he help the Police?? what could he actually tell them??   He didn't know what she looked like until it became news,...

Why are they quizzing the neighbours on there whereabouts on that weekend??  They may have asked if they noticed anyone hanging around or visiting ... but other than that there is not really much else that he could tell them...

So why did DC Karen Thomas feel the need to keep going around to Flat 2 and ringing Dr Vincent Tabak when he was away?

He knew nothing as far as they were concerned... how could he... he'd NEVER meet them....

And as the Police had made it clear that Joanna Yeates must have known the person, what made them keep on at Dr Vincent Tabak????   As it has been implied he kept himself behind Tanja and didn't really have much to say, and why would he... So he cannot have brought attention to himself by not getting involved in the early stages of the investigation!! (IMO)  (so why the attention from the Police??)

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2017, 07:29:28 PM »
There is no evidence that VT used a suitcase or a cycle bag to transport Joanna's body-----other than what he might have said in court. I suppose he must have owned a suitcase, since most of us do, but there is no evidence that he owned a cycle bag.

I, for one, don't believe most of what VT said in court!

Tanja could have told the court whether or not a suitcase or a cycle bag was missing, but she did not testify. I still wonder why not.

There are only two scenarios whereby I might possibly believe that VT killed Joanna:  if he had been drunk or stoned (doubtful, as he was driving his car that night), or if he and Joanna had known each other prior to her murder (no evidence).  Therefore, I stand by my view that he is innocent.

As for him framing CJ----what a load of rubbish!  AND, years were added to his sentence for this.

Offline [...]

« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2017, 10:20:12 AM »
Thought I'd pop this link in I found...

2:01am UK, Tuesday 28 December 2010

A police spokesman said: "The difficult conditions in which she was found, particularly the frozen condition of her body, means that the post-mortem has still not been concluded, and police are not going to be in a position to confirm the cause of her death until tomorrow at the earliest."

Her boyfriend Greg Reardon also left a bouquet at the roadside.

They hope to hear the results of a post-mortem examination tomorrow.

But for some strange reason they managed to have a post Mortem result 10 hours later!! Tomorrow should have been Wednesday 29th December 2010... 

But we also have to take into account what time Dr Delaney started work that morning to conduct the Post Mortem!!
And How Long Does A Post Mortem Take???   What hours would Dr Delaney have worked ??

BYMIRROR.CO.UK
12:07, 28 DEC 2010
NEWS

Detective Chief Inspector Phil Jones of Avon and Somerset Police revealed the results of a post mortem examination as he declared that her death was now officially being treated as a murder investigation.
He said Joanna, who disappeared on Friday, December 17, had died as a result of compression of the neck.

Haven't established if that is AM or PM.... if AM then they knew the results by the 27th December 2010...  I'm sure years ago information was released on the 27th December 2010.. but I cannot find it... If AM then it would be around 30 hours to complete the autopsy...  So how Frozen was she ????

Tuesday 28 December 2010 16.04 GMT

Detective Chief Inspector Phil Jones, of Avon and Somerset police, revealed the results of a postmortem examination and said the death of the landscape architect was now officially being treated as murder.

Ch Supt Jon Stratford of Avon and Somerset Police says a post-mortem is being carried out and the results are expected to be released on Tuesday.
27 Dec
 From the section UK

Why Tuesday the 28th December 2010 ?? I still think 56 hours in which to do a post mortem on a frozen body isn't long enough.... But... that's my opinion...

To be honest I don't know how they could even speculate how long it would take for the Post Mortem to be concluded... (IMO).. We still don't know the length of time it would take a body in the foetal position to fully thaw...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/joanna-yeates-was-strangled-post-mortem-271813

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-12083787/police-await-womans-post-mortem-results

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2010/dec/28/joanna-yeates-strangled-postmortem-shows

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/freezing-conditions-delay-joanna-yeates-post-mortem-results-2lpw6ngqjmv

https://web.archive.org/web/20140905213850/http://news.sky.com/story/826531/joanna-yeates-cause-of-death-still-unknown

https://www.bristol.gov.uk/births-deaths-marriages/deaths/flax-bourton-public-mortuary

Offline [...]

« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2017, 02:29:40 PM »

Forensic experts hope to gain enough DNA evidence from Joanna’s body to help identify her killer. Some evidence has been gathered using the latest laser search techniques.

Only partial samples thought to be from saliva were found on Joanna’s body.

The Daily Express revealed on Saturday how evidence had been found on three parts of her body under her clothes – her breasts, abdomen and the zip of her jeans. The samples may help to provide a DNA match.

It has taken experts a number of weeks to “grow” the samples.

Police now also believe that Joanna’s missing ski-style sock was not used to strangle her but was used to wipe the crime scene clean.

It is understood police were monitoring Tabak’s movements for at least a week before he was arrested on Thursday at the flat of a friend a mile away.

Didn't know they grow DNA ,.... but more importantly they were following Dr Vincent Tabak for a week prior to his arrest according to this .... Did they find anything unusual about his movements??

What survailance did they use on Dr Vincent Tabak??

So we have gone from the ZIP of her Jeans to behind her knee.... How did that happen???

This article was published on 24th January 2011

He and Tanja were forced to move out of their flat as police sealed off the building as they hunted for her killer.

Interesting.... why should they have been forced to move out of their flat whilst the Police searched for her killer???

Basically the minute they went to Tanja's Parents house, on I think the 23rd December 2010.. they had no proper access to their own flat..... WHY!!

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/224892/Joanna-Yeates-parents-At-last-we-can-lay-Jo-to-rest

Offline [...]

« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2017, 02:53:06 PM »
The Removal of the Door was always paramount in the case...

And I have found some images of what are described as workers... removing this door....

Door to Joanna Yeates' flat may hold vital DNA clues
By This is Bath  |  Posted: December 30, 2010

Clockwise from top: A forensic investigator outside the home Joanne Yeates shared with her boyfriend Greg Reardon in Clifton, Bristol; workers remove doors from the house; newly-released CCTV footage of Joanna at the Bargain Booze store; Landlord Chris Jefferies, who told detectives he saw three people - one of whom he believes was Jo - leaving

I have only ever seen two people removing the door before.... I wonder who the "WORKERS" are!!

I have attached images showing the workers...  Is one or two of them just joiners??

Did they just have any Tom Dick or Harry removing this door????

http://www.bathchronicle.co.uk/door-hold-vital-dna-clues/story-11326987-detail/story.html#4

http://www.bathchronicle.co.uk/door-hold-vital-dna-clues/story-11326987-detail/story.html#1

Offline [...]

« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2017, 03:19:34 PM »
Joanna Yeates murder: Who did she share pizza with?
Ex Chief Super retraces last night to ask key questions

BYMIRROR.CO.UK
00:00, 9 JAN 2011

It just doesn’t make sense. If Jo was strangled in her home, as the police’s forensic ­investigations suggest, why did her killer move her body to a site three miles away? And why choose that site?

Two dog-walkers were able to ­discover her body – the killer must have known it would soon have been found.

That was the point I have always said.... why move her???

The answer could be that Joanna’s murderer was nearby or staying in the Redwood Hotel, a few metres from the site and the main building nearby, with its host of CCTV cameras.

But this is not the only question which occurred to me as I spent a day following Jo Yeates’s route, and that of her killer.

I was able to make my own enquiries at the Bristol Ram pub, and see for ­myself Jo’s now-familiar stops – Waitrose, ­Bargain Booze and Tesco – on the mile-and-a-half walk to her basement flat.

Then I was able to drive the two possible routes to the lane where her body was tragically found on Christmas Day.

Interesting theory...

In my 42 years of police work, ­including investigating the Madeleine McCann case and leading SO14, the royal ­protection unit – I have always stuck to one principle: “Walk the shop floor.”

An investigation should work in circles starting at the crime scene and moving outwards.

The first thing that surprised me was the level of CCTV at the pub. The landlord pointed out its nine cameras.

Nine Camera's and we only got Three of the CCTV shots...

Nine ­cameras don’t just give you an idea of when Joanna came in and when she left – they can tell you all sorts of things about the network of relationships between her work colleagues: who was inside, who might have been watching from the sidelines and who she might have spoken to for the first time.

This is the first time reading this article that I was aware there were NINE CCTV Camera's in The Bristol Ram..

Once officers have drawn up a proper linked diagram showing every ­relationship she had, seemingly-useless information can be used to cross-check people’s stories and accounts.

I find it strange Jo left the pub so early on a Friday night when all she was going back to was an empty flat.

And when I walked into the Bargain Booze where she stopped, I wondered why she bought TWO small bottles of cider.

That strikes me as something she would do if she had made last-minute plans to meet another person.

Yes I can agree with that....

Perhaps she got hold of someone else. And if the murderer had sat down and eaten the pizza with Jo, he would know to remove remains that might contain his DNA.

A more reasonable explanation of a missing pizza (IMO)...

As I looked over at Jo’s flat, the police were moving a car. It turns out forensics officers needed to get to a drain.
  News to me they moved a car to check the drains... what were they looking for?? 

Who car was moved....

Using my tactic of working outwards from a crime scene, this would have happened much earlier. I also noticed scaffolding on the building next to Joanna’s.

A builder would have seen Joanna coming and going each day through ­December and I hope anyone working on the house has been questioned.

Yes...  that was one of my first thoughts....

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/joanna-yeates-murder-who-did-she-share-173800