Author Topic: Why do some people ardently believe the McCanns version of events?  (Read 7950 times)

Offline Sunny

Re: Why do some people ardently believe the McCanns version of events?
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2018, 09:01:13 PM »
Gerry couldn’t have been Smithman, and that’s a fact established by the PJ.  Tell them they’re wrong then.

I was really hoping to talk about supporters, their motivation and any evidence of abduction that they would care to share.

It seems that is lacking as there has been no information apart from this last post by Vertigo Swirl.   Of course Gerry McCann being Smithman or not depends upon the time of Kate's alarm being accurate timewise within a very few minutes IMO.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2018, 09:01:34 PM »
Gerry couldn’t have been Smithman, and that’s a fact established by the PJ.  Tell them they’re wrong then.

That’s a supposition formed by an alibi given to him by friends. There are no independent witnesses that say he was in the restaurant at the time of the Smith sighting.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2018, 09:02:47 PM »

The question of the thread is why do some ardently believe the McCann's, not the sceptic point of view.

There don't seem to be many takers for this barrier. Just the usual deflections and opinions based on limited to no experience of "doing jobs" abroad and clearly the belief that outside the confines of their own profession the McCanns must be totally unobservant and unaware of their environment.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Sunny

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2018, 09:07:53 PM »
There don't seem to be many takers for this barrier. Just the usual deflections and opinions based on limited to no experience of "doing jobs" abroad and clearly the belief that outside the confines of their own profession the McCanns must be totally unobservant and unaware of their environment.

I find it very surprising Alice. I was expecting supporters to be queuing up to share reasons to believe the McCanns. However it seems to be situation normal.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2018, 09:14:49 PM »
I find it very surprising Alice. I was expecting supporters to be queuing up to share reasons to believe the McCanns. However it seems to be situation normal.
I have given my reason, it’s been pooh-poohed, situation normal.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2018, 09:20:14 PM »

It was sort of an absence of belief in anything else.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline barrier

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2018, 09:21:28 PM »

You've given your reasons of the view's of sceptics has you see it.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2018, 09:26:06 PM »

I am not feeling like being mocked at the moment.

Offline barrier

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2018, 09:30:51 PM »

Is that what you see some doing when questioning a sceptic's view?
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2018, 09:33:53 PM »
It was sort of an absence of belief in anything else.
I believe the McCanns are innocent because despite my and others best efforts to figure out how they did it and got away with it, it has been impossible to arrive at a plausible, coherent narrative.  It’s an Occam’s Razor type thing.  The simplest explanation. is usually the right one.  In this case the simplest explanation is that Madeleine was taken from the apartment by a stranger, in fact I recall you came up with the perfect abduction theory yourself, it was about two lines long.  You couldn’t do that for parental involvement.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Sunny

« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2018, 09:34:39 PM »

Eleanor some may mock you others will simply read what you say and digest it.  How are supposed to get your point across if you won't even say what that point is?

I haven't been here for very long and I have been mocked many times.  I think it appears to go with the territory in discussing a case of this nature. Or so it seems to me anyway.  All IMO.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2018, 09:42:41 PM »
Eleanor some may mock you others will simply read what you say and digest it.  How are supposed to get your point across if you won't even say what that point is?

I haven't been here for very long and I have been mocked many times.  I think it appears to go with the territory in discussing a case of this nature. Or so it seems to me anyway.  All IMO.

I've already given my Theory, and been mocked.  Not that I care about that, but it is a waste of time, especially as you obviously didn't read my Theory the last time.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2018, 09:51:22 PM »
I've already given my Theory, and been mocked.  Not that I care about that, but it is a waste of time, especially as you obviously didn't read my Theory the last time.

Sorry Eleanor I don't remember reading your theory. I am always interested in theories from either side of the fence.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2018, 09:58:58 PM »
Sorry Eleanor I don't remember reading your theory. I am always interested in theories from either side of the fence.

I have lots of very sound reasons for supporting the McCann's... But as you have have taken exception to the accuracy of my typing I wouldn't want to share in case my typos cause you distress

Offline Sunny

« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2018, 10:04:45 PM »
I have lots of very sound reasons for supporting the McCann's... But as you have have taken exception to the accuracy of my typing I wouldn't want to share in case my typos cause you distress

Actually Davel that post reads very clearly. I would be very interested in your "lots of very sound reasons for supporting the McCann's"?

Please can you answer with them?