Author Topic: Brexit has well and truly begun!  (Read 284409 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Brexit has well and truly begun!
« Reply #1605 on: March 25, 2019, 12:13:26 PM »
Over 4.5 million now...

5,451,469 signatures now ... and counting.

"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Carana

« Reply #1606 on: March 26, 2019, 09:40:55 AM »
The new potential PM?

Michael Gove (March 2016): "We know that the European Union depends more on us than we do on it.
https://twitter.com/PropertySpot/status/1110452473037275136

Erm...

Ah, his words of 'wisdom' continue:

Michael Gove (March 2016): "The day after [we vote Leave] nothing changes. Nothing damages Britain. In fact we're in a position to get a better deal than ever before."

May 2016 that "if we vote to Leave" we would "renegotiate the terms of our membership" so that "we no longer pay a fee to be a member".
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 09:43:50 AM by Carana »

Offline Carana

« Reply #1607 on: March 26, 2019, 10:13:02 AM »
Faisal Islam
‏Verified account @faisalislam

hasn’t been a single poll in almost a year now with Leave lead. 70 polls since GE17 show only two (+1) leads, 5 Ties, 63 Remain leads, recent avg plus 7/8 remain.

https://twitter.com/faisalislam/status/1110448683672354816

PS: FWIW, I happen to agree with MTI that polls can be skewed, but surely not all of them?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 10:15:54 AM by Carana »

Offline Carana

« Reply #1608 on: March 26, 2019, 10:22:47 AM »
From the Times today

“Some Brexiteers are starting to believe that the best hope of rescuing their project might be to cancel the current process (ie revoke Article 50), agree a way forward and then put that to voters in a second referendum”.

But wouldn’t that be undemocratic...?   *%6^

If BoJ's Exodus analogy is anything to go by, I wonder how many of us will be around in 40 years' time once they've finally got out of the desert.

More seriously, IMO, the EU will want some kind of assurance that Art 50 won't be reinvoked every 6 months.

Offline John

« Reply #1609 on: March 26, 2019, 10:44:08 AM »
Faisal Islam
‏Verified account @faisalislam

hasn’t been a single poll in almost a year now with Leave lead. 70 polls since GE17 show only two (+1) leads, 5 Ties, 63 Remain leads, recent avg plus 7/8 remain.

https://twitter.com/faisalislam/status/1110448683672354816

PS: FWIW, I happen to agree with MTI that polls can be skewed, but surely not all of them?

Leave supporters don't need to vote in polls, the referendum result was to leave the EU.  Only remainers have an agenda and it is this which is reflected in many polls, many of which including the governments own petition site have been the target of internet bots.

It also appears that many remainers have changed their mind despite opinions to the contrary being promoted on News Channels like Sky News.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 12:33:21 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1610 on: March 26, 2019, 01:48:04 PM »
Whatever MP's say, the electorate is not fooled imo. ;

Most voters believe Parliament is determined to block Brexit in defiance of the electorate’s will, a poll reveals. Some 55 per cent believe Parliament is determined to thwart Brexit, including almost two in five (38 per cent) Remain voters and 87 per cent of Leavers.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/03/25/voters-believe-parliament-trying-block-brexit-poll-reveals/

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Carana

« Reply #1611 on: March 26, 2019, 02:06:47 PM »
Leave supporters don't need to vote in polls, the referendum result was to leave the EU.  Only remainers have an agenda and it is this which is reflected in many polls, many of which including the governments own petition site have been the target of internet bots.

It also appears that many remainers have changed their mind despite opinions to the contrary being promoted on News Channels like Sky News.

Which news outlets do you prefer, John?

Kay Burely (also Sky) came out with a whanger of a "mistaken" piece of "information" the other day. On live TV.

(Before I forget, it was re having to join the Euro... )
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 02:10:36 PM by Carana »

Offline John

« Reply #1612 on: March 26, 2019, 02:22:13 PM »
Which news outlets do you prefer, John?

Kay Burely (also Sky) came out with a whanger of a "mistaken" piece of "information" the other day. On live TV.

(Before I forget, it was re having to join the Euro... )

I don't trust any of them anymore Carana, they all have their own political agendas.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline Carana

« Reply #1613 on: March 26, 2019, 04:38:10 PM »
I don't trust any of them anymore Carana, they all have their own political agendas.

I tend to agree with you on that one, John.
A few don't seem to be (on both sides of the moderate spectrum), but then I guess that's my personal assessment.

Offline Carana

« Reply #1614 on: March 26, 2019, 04:49:35 PM »

Why not simply ask the people for confirmation?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1615 on: March 26, 2019, 06:06:49 PM »

Do you have a cite for that last statement?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1616 on: March 27, 2019, 07:28:32 AM »
Parliament is split and cannot agree anything which renders the default position the only possible outcome. On 29 March the UK will be ejected from the EU regardless of all those Parliamentary tossers.
Well this isn’t going to happen.  It looks like the Tories have finally woken up to the fact that if they want their beloved Brexit it’s May’s deal or no Brexit.   
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline John

« Reply #1617 on: March 27, 2019, 02:29:13 PM »
Why not simply ask the people for confirmation?

Just out of interest given recent events.
#Brexit   Leave or Remain in the EU?

https://twitter.com/Justice_forum/status/1110523034652368898?s=19

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1618 on: March 29, 2019, 04:23:24 PM »
Parliament wanted control of the Brexit process. It has now handed complete control to the EU. As I understand it the EU isn't prepared to negotiate a new withdrawal agreement. What do these idiots (imo) think they can achieve now?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1619 on: March 29, 2019, 06:30:03 PM »
Parliament wanted control of the Brexit process. It has now handed complete control to the EU. As I understand it the EU isn't prepared to negotiate a new withdrawal agreement. What do these idiots (imo) think they can achieve now?
A no deal Brexit.  You should be pleased!