Author Topic: Is Sandra Lean's GoFundMe campaign being promoted on a false premise?  (Read 15397 times)

Offline Angelo222

Re: Is Sandra Lean's GoFundMe campaign being promoted on a false premise?
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2021, 11:00:46 PM »
Why didn’t the filmmakers make it clear Corrine Mitchell had been rehoused around a year before their show was broadcast?

Sympathy vote. More false information.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2021, 12:02:06 AM »
Sympathy vote. More false information.

When was Corrine rehoused?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2021, 02:12:36 PM »
Sandra Lean stated to her ‘friends’ on social media she would be contacting Jane Hamilton at the Daily Record following the articles she wrote on Mitchell & the manufactured channel 5 show

She even provided contact details for Ms Hamilton to her ‘friends’ but it’s appears she never bothered to contact her

Anyone know what excuses Sandra Lean is making for this?

Or was it never her intention to contact Jane Hamilton directly?

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/publics-true-crime-obsessions-like-23617822.amp?__twitter_impression=true
« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 02:23:34 PM by Nicholas »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2021, 02:25:59 PM »
Sandra Lean stated to her ‘friends’ on social media she would be contacting Jane Hamilton at the Daily Record following the articles she wrote on Mitchell & the manufactured channel 5 show

She even provided contact details for Ms Hamilton to her ‘friends’ but it’s appears she never bothered to contact her

Anyone know what excuses Sandra Lean is making for this?

Or was it never her intention to contact Jane Hamilton directly?

How do you know who Sandra Lean contacted privately?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Admin

« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2021, 09:07:42 AM »
Having taken legal advice on this, it appears that Sandra Lean is seeking public donations on the GoFundMe website on the basis of at least one false premise.

She claims in her introduction that, "Corinne Mitchell's life was ruined by a justice system gone wrong. Although she has now been housed, this fundraiser is aimed at helping get Corinne back on her feet".

How exactly has the justice system gone wrong?  Surely this claim is just that, a claim, an opinion, it is certainly not an established fact.

Luke Mitchell has been tried and convicted according to the laws of Scotland, he has had several appeals all of which have failed. He has also had the benefit of a more recent further Application to the Scottish Criminal Cases Review Commission supported by one of Scotland's top QCs who just happens to now be a High Court Judge. This again failed to get any traction so the claim that Corinne Mitchell's life was ruined by a justice system gone wrong is in fact untrue and false according to Law.

On the 21st January 2005, Corinne Mitchell's younger son Luke Mitchell was convicted of the murder of his then 'girlfriend' Jodi Jones, and sentenced to a minimum of 20-years in prison.

The charge...

"...on 30 June 2003 at a wooded area near Roan's Dyke between Easthouses Road, Easthouses and Newbattle Road, both Dalkeith, Midlothian, you did assault Jodi Catherine Jones ... and did repeatedly strike her on the head and body, compress and constrict her neck and restrict her breathing, cause her to fall to the ground, apply a ligature around her arms, repeatedly strike her on the head, mouth and body with a knife or other similar instrument and you did murder her and further you did strike her head and body with a knife or similar instrument and in particular her face, ear, mouth, breast and abdomen."

Mitchell has had four previous attempts to overturn his conviction. Two were rejected on appeal and a bid to have his case referred to the UK Supreme Court was also turned down at the High Court in Edinburgh. Another appeal was refused by miscarriage of justice investigators at the Scottish Criminal Cases Review Commission. Additionally, on 2nd February 2011, his appeal against sentence was also dismissed.

In 2014, Sandra Lean with the help of QC human rights lawyer, Maggie Scott – now a High Court Judge – lodged an appeal to present on Mitchell’s behalf to the Scottish Criminal Cases Review Commission (SCCRC), it was rejected!

Sympathetic though we might all be to her predicament, is it not the case that Corinne Mitchell's circumstances have been brought about by her own actions?

It's heartwarming to see that the GoFundMe organization doesn't suffer fools gladly and has responded to public complaints.

Offline Neil Wilby

« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2021, 01:55:12 PM »
My only involvement, as an accredited journalist, with Sandra Lean is via this post from July last year. She has steadfastly refused to engage with me and, more crucially, not sought to correct the falsehoods on which the Truthseeker podcast in issue was predicated. UK Justice Forum contributors/readers are invited to draw their own conclusions from that:

https://neilwilby.com/2020/06/22/dr-truthseeker-loses-her-moral-compass/

Having taken legal advice on this, it appears that Sandra Lean is seeking public donations on the GoFundMe website on the basis of at least one false premise.

She claims in her introduction that, "Corinne Mitchell's life was ruined by a justice system gone wrong. Although she has now been housed, this fundraiser is aimed at helping get Corinne back on her feet".

How exactly has the justice system gone wrong?  Surely this claim is just that, a claim, an opinion, it is certainly not an established fact.

Luke Mitchell has been tried and convicted according to the laws of Scotland, he has had several appeals all of which have failed. He has also had the benefit of a more recent further Application to the Scottish Criminal Cases Review Commission supported by one of Scotland's top QCs who just happens to now be a High Court Judge. This again failed to get any traction so the claim that Corinne Mitchell's life was ruined by a justice system gone wrong is in fact untrue and false according to Law.

On the 21st January 2005, Corinne Mitchell's younger son Luke Mitchell was convicted of the murder of his then 'girlfriend' Jodi Jones, and sentenced to a minimum of 20-years in prison.

The charge...

"...on 30 June 2003 at a wooded area near Roan's Dyke between Easthouses Road, Easthouses and Newbattle Road, both Dalkeith, Midlothian, you did assault Jodi Catherine Jones ... and did repeatedly strike her on the head and body, compress and constrict her neck and restrict her breathing, cause her to fall to the ground, apply a ligature around her arms, repeatedly strike her on the head, mouth and body with a knife or other similar instrument and you did murder her and further you did strike her head and body with a knife or similar instrument and in particular her face, ear, mouth, breast and abdomen."

Mitchell has had four previous attempts to overturn his conviction. Two were rejected on appeal and a bid to have his case referred to the UK Supreme Court was also turned down at the High Court in Edinburgh. Another appeal was refused by miscarriage of justice investigators at the Scottish Criminal Cases Review Commission. Additionally, on 2nd February 2011, his appeal against sentence was also dismissed.

In 2014, Sandra Lean with the help of QC human rights lawyer, Maggie Scott – now a High Court Judge – lodged an appeal to present on Mitchell’s behalf to the Scottish Criminal Cases Review Commission (SCCRC), it was rejected!

Sympathetic though we might all be to her predicament, is it not the case that Corinne Mitchell's circumstances have been brought about by her own actions?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2021, 03:58:55 PM »
My only involvement, as an accredited journalist, with Sandra Lean is via this post from July last year. She has steadfastly refused to engage with me and, more crucially, not sought to correct the falsehoods on which the Truthseeker podcast in issue was predicated. UK Justice Forum contributors/readers are invited to draw their own conclusions from that:

Is Sandra Lean a member here? If not I’m not sure what you wish to achieve with your post.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2021, 09:12:45 AM »
Is Sandra Lean a member here? If not I’m not sure what you wish to achieve with your post.
What does anyone hope to achieve with their posts.  I for one found the link to Wilby’s blog post very interesting.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Neil Wilby

« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2021, 11:30:33 AM »
No idea whether Sandra Lean is a member on UKJC, or not. But this thread is all about her. She is also a hot topic following her recent appearance on Channel 5 television. My article, posted against my own name, not anonymously, seeks to add perspective. If it's of no interest to you, please scroll on by.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2021, 01:25:25 PM »

Cheers Neil, that was an enlightened article.  Sandra Lean has history of involvement in false innocence cases, toy knowledge she has NEVER managed to have any conviction for murder overturned. Her failures are well known within this forum and the wider miscarriage of justice community.

Having her on your team is tantamount to the kiss of death for any campaign given her history.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 01:31:37 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2021, 01:31:12 PM »
No idea whether Sandra Lean is a member on UKJC, or not. But this thread is all about her. She is also a hot topic following her recent appearance on Channel 5 television. My article, posted against my own name, not anonymously, seeks to add perspective. If it's of no interest to you, please scroll on by.

It appears that you’re continuing blackening individuals names. Haven’t you learned anything from your numerous court cases?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 03:16:13 PM by faithlilly »

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2021, 02:28:54 PM »
Cheers Neil, that was an enlightened article.  Sandra Lean has history of involvement in false innocence cases, toy knowledge she has NEVER managed to have any conviction for murder overturned. Her failures are well known within this forum and the wider miscarriage of justice community.

Having her on your team is tantamount to the kiss of death for any campaign given her history.

If Luke Mitchell's conviction does turn out to be a MOJ, some people are going to be eating their words!!

Unless of course, they  refuse to believe it.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2021, 02:58:41 PM »
It appears that you continuing blackening individuals names. Haven’t you learned anything from your numerous court cases?
One could ask Sandra Lean whether she had learned anything from continually trying to secure the release of proven self-confessed murderers. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2021, 03:20:39 PM »
If Luke Mitchell's conviction does turn out to be a MOJ, some people are going to be eating their words!!

Unless of course, they  refuse to believe it.

Of course they’ll refuse to believe it but Luke will be free, his conviction quashed and that’s all that matters in the end.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2021, 05:27:40 PM »
Of course they’ll refuse to believe it but Luke will be free, his conviction quashed and that’s all that matters in the end.
Just like some people refuse to believe Luke is guilty as charged.