Author Topic: Members signature  (Read 13318 times)

Offline Admin

Re: Members signature
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2015, 12:17:39 PM »
A signature can be an excellent way to let others know a little about you and of your interests.  It is a facility provided by the forum and should not be abused. Propaganda, speculations and any text which others might find objectionable will not be allowed.

If there are no further comments I propose to reinstate the function later today.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2015, 03:08:20 PM »
you really do have a bee in your bonnet about that don't you?  What a sensitive little flower you turned out to be after all.

Or just possibly my religious beliefs influence my opinion on it rather than being sensitive.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2015, 06:08:39 PM »
Or just possibly my religious beliefs influence my opinion on it rather than being sensitive.
Are you saying that your religious sensibilities were offended by my quote from the King James Bible?  Are you a Muslim?

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2015, 06:23:34 PM »
Are you saying that your religious sensibilities were offended by my quote from the King James Bible?  Are you a Muslim?

The manner in which it was done offended my religious sensibilities.
No.

"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2015, 07:11:06 PM »
The manner in which it was done offended my religious sensibilities.
No.
It was a straight forward quote with no embellishments. I see no reason at all why direct quotations from the Bible cannot be used in signature lines, or how they could offend anyone's religious sensibilities unless they were anti-Christian. 

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2015, 10:34:18 PM »
It was a straight forward quote with no embellishments. I see no reason at all why direct quotations from the Bible cannot be used in signature lines, or how they could offend anyone's religious sensibilities unless they were anti-Christian.

OK Alf
Roger and out.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 02:11:38 AM by John »

Offline Mr Justice K

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2015, 12:15:56 PM »
I have added my signature, I hope it doesn't offend.
Law without justice is a wound without a cure.  (William Scott Downey)

Offline Admin

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2015, 02:53:37 PM »
Members are again reminded that personal signatures must be appropriate.  Restating the 'f..king tosser' quote from Kate McCann's book should not be used at this time.

Admin

Offline Admin

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2016, 10:02:19 AM »
A  reminder.

A signature can be an excellent way to let others know a little about you, your interests and beliefs.  It is a facility provided by the forum and should not be abused.

Propaganda, speculations and any text which others might find objectionable will not be allowed.

Comments please.

Admin
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 10:14:54 AM by Admin »

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2016, 10:36:06 AM »
A  reminder.

A signature can be an excellent way to let others know a little about you, your interests and beliefs.  It is a facility provided by the forum and should not be abused.

Propaganda, speculations and any text which others might find objectionable will not be allowed.

Comments please.

Admin

At least two members have references to Summers and Swans book which I feel is advertising and breaches the rules.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2016, 01:56:04 PM »
At least two members have references to Summers and Swans book which I feel is advertising and breaches the rules.
Here's the thing.  I added my sig line in response to Faithlilly's signature which strives to give the reader the impression that Summers & Swann believe there are legitimate grounds for doubting the parents.  My sig line makes it clear what their true opinion is.  I will happily remove my signature once Faithlilly has removed hers.

Offline xtina

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2016, 03:07:46 PM »
Here's the thing.  I added my sig line in response to Faithlilly's signature which strives to give the reader the impression that Summers & Swann believe there are legitimate grounds for doubting the parents.  My sig line makes it clear what their true opinion is.  I will happily remove my signature once Faithlilly has removed hers.

well it always looks to me Alf..... as if you are refering  to summers and swan with the out out you demons of stupidity... the way the caption is looking down....i thought it was S&S ...who you were calling stupid demons
Always listen to both sides of the story before you judge.

The first storyteller you will always find has modified the story, for there benefit BE WISE.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2016, 04:04:46 PM »

stephen has one re S& S which is libellous and against forum rules

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2016, 06:45:34 PM »

well it always looks to me Alf..... as if you are refering  to summers and swan with the out out you demons of stupidity... the way the caption is looking down....i thought it was S&S ...who you were calling stupid demons
If it amuses you and Faithlilly to read it that way then that's absolutely fine by me. 8)--))

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2016, 09:08:45 PM »
I have a question about a moderator's signature line which is as follows:

Helping Elite sufferers of NPD for over 2 years...

It is my contention that this is a dig at certain members of this forum, but am happyto be corrected if we could be told who these Elite sufferers of NPD are and how the mod has helped them.