News and current affairs > The migrant crisis in the UK and what can be done about it.

When did being critical of immigration suddenly become racism?

(1/7) > >>

Admin:
One of our noble long-standing members has raised the question of immigration to the UK and is concerned that our sister site on Twitter is perceived as racist.

My own opinion having contributed to the Twitter site is that we are entitled to say what we think about uncontrolled illegal immigration to the UK regardless of whether those seeking asylum status are African, Middle Eastern, Indian, Chinese or from anywhere else in the world. The fact that most of these incomers is a different race to the vast majority of us living in the UK is irrelevant imo.

We welcome all views on this subject.

Admin:
Don't be shy now...let's hear your opinions

John:

--- Quote from: Admin on January 01, 2022, 01:43:53 PM ---One of our noble long-standing members has raised the question of immigration to the UK and is concerned that our sister site on Twitter is perceived as racist.

My own opinion having contributed to the Twitter site is that we are entitled to say what we think about uncontrolled illegal immigration to the UK regardless of whether those seeking asylum status are African, Middle Eastern, Indian, Chinese or from anywhere else in the world. The fact that most of these incomers is a different race to the vast majority of us living in the UK is irrelevant imo.

--- End quote ---

The simple answer is that it isn't. This is a myth put about by wokies and lefties in London to justify their attempts to fill the UK with this foreign trash.

The vast majority of British people don't want any more immigration to the UK. Having said that however, there is an argument for allowing in those with special skills that we as a society need from time to time.

It has nothing to with racism but then racism has always been promoted as an excuse for everything anti British.

Venturi Swirl:

--- Quote from: Admin on January 01, 2022, 01:43:53 PM ---One of our noble long-standing members has raised the question of immigration to the UK and is concerned that our sister site on Twitter is perceived as racist.

--- End quote ---
Thanks for describing me as “noble” - I’m sure you weren’t being remotely sarcastic.  Just to remind you: the post of mine which attracted a warning was something along the lines of”this forum tolerates racism - just look at their twitter feed”.  I stand by what I say.  If you don’t tolerate racism perhaps you can give us an example of the kind of comment you would delete as racist.  For example, if I said that white Europeans were more intelligent and cultured than sub-Saharan Africans would such a comment be tolerated or censored?

John:

--- Quote from: Vertigo Swirl on January 01, 2022, 07:30:11 PM ---Thanks for describing me as “noble” - I’m sure you weren’t being remotely sarcastic.  Just to remind you: the post of mine which attracted a warning was something along the lines of”this forum tolerates racism - just look at their twitter feed”.  I stand by what I say.  If you don’t tolerate racism perhaps you can give us an example of the kind of comment you would delete as racist.  For example, if I said that white Europeans were more intelligent and cultured than sub-Saharan Africans would such a comment be tolerated or censored?

--- End quote ---

Having travelling to several African countries over many years I would have to say that your statement is generally true and see no reason to delete it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version