Author Topic: Moderator cull.  (Read 1042 times)

Offline Eleanor

Moderator cull.
« on: March 23, 2022, 09:18:19 PM »
Oh Gosh.  I am no longer a Moderator of any kind.  Although I don't suppose that anyone really cares.  I don't think that anyone actually hated me.

Me?  A bit disappointed.  But things have changed and I am no longer able to understand.  I never did do much latterly and saw no point in doing something that would likely be reversed.  But then this Site was never a democracy.

Jolly good luck to anyone who gets the job.

Offline John

Re: Re: Moderator cull.
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2022, 09:29:59 PM »
Oh Gosh.  I am no longer a Moderator of any kind.  Although I don't suppose that anyone really cares.  I don't think that anyone actually hated me.

Me?  A bit disappointed.  But things have changed and I am no longer able to understand.  I never did do much latterly and saw no point in doing something that would likely be reversed.  But then this Site was never a democracy.

Jolly good luck to anyone who gets the job.

A moderators function is to moderate so I have removed four moderators from the forum tonight who no longer actively take part in moderating the forum. Quite probably this should have been done a while back but was put on the back burner.

Going forward, the question of moderators is under review as there are now three seniors but only one mod. The answer might be to reduce the number of moderators even further. All suggestions welcome.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2022, 09:47:33 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2022, 09:37:20 PM »
This is off topic but I will reply anyway.

A moderators function is to moderate so I have removed four moderators from the forum tonight who no longer actively take part in moderating the forum. Quite probably this should have been done a while back but was put on the back burner.

The question of moderators is subject to review as there are now three senior mods and only one mod so we need to balance this up.
Are we allowed to know which Mods have survived the cull?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2022, 09:37:43 PM »
A moderators function is to moderate so I have removed four moderators from the forum tonight who are no longer active.

Chance might have been a fine thing.  I saw no point in doing something that would likely be reversed.  But I don't think you quite got that.

I understand your thought process better than you think I do.  Perhaps that was the problem.

Offline John

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2022, 09:50:13 PM »
Chance might have been a fine thing.  I saw no point in doing something that would likely be reversed.  But I don't think you quite got that.

I understand your thought process better than you think I do.  Perhaps that was the problem.

Every mod action is subject to review, that is the only way Admins can check on compliance.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2022, 07:05:15 AM »
Are we allowed to know which Mods have survived the cull?
So I guess the answer is “no, we may not”.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Myster

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2022, 07:30:18 AM »
I'm in disguise too... Is the coast clear?...  Can I come out now?   8()-000(
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2022, 07:31:32 AM »
I'm in disguise too... Is the coast clear?...  Can I come out now?   8()-000(
@)(++(* brilliant! 

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2022, 09:10:15 AM »

From the Members List;

retsyM                     Senior Moderator   2012-04-05   4595   
Offline   mrswah                     Senior Moderator   2016-09-09   2151   
Offline   Brietta                     Senior Moderator   2014-03-21   21283   
Offline   Angelo222                     Senior Moderator   2012-03-02   8345

I seem to be the Moderator.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2022, 10:18:27 AM »
From the Members List;

retsyM                     Senior Moderator   2012-04-05   4595   
Offline   mrswah                     Senior Moderator   2016-09-09   2151   
Offline   Brietta                     Senior Moderator   2014-03-21   21283   
Offline   Angelo222                     Senior Moderator   2012-03-02   8345

I seem to be the Moderator.
ok thanks