Author Topic: Perceptions of Madeleine's Abduction  (Read 29337 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: Perceptions of Madeleine's Abduction
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2022, 03:56:07 PM »
"Yet that book has been treated as though it is ‘the truth’ written on tablets of stone, by people around the world"

What evidence does she offer for that statement? I can't see any.

So you think that The Truth of The Lie is true.  What evidence have you got for that.  And don't tell me that it is just opinion when it clearly isn't.

The worst of course is that Amaral was a serving Police Inspector who garnered his information from a flawed investigation.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2022, 04:05:58 PM »

I may not be a Moderator any more, but don't ever think that I am done.  In fact, removing my Moderator Status probably did me a favour.

I will continue to point out what a bunch of hypocrites some of you are.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2022, 05:05:58 PM »
"Yet that book has been treated as though it is ‘the truth’ written on tablets of stone, by people around the world"

What evidence does she offer for that statement? I can't see any.
Perhaps you were unaware of the thousands of people around the world who believed Amaral’s theory thar the McCanns sedated their kids and covered up the death of one of them?  I find it hard to believe you weren’t aware of them but stranger things have happened I suppose…
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2022, 06:24:43 PM »
It seems this woman is quoted just because she holds certain opinions.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2022, 06:33:33 PM »
Five years after Madeleine's abduction Amaral was still making appearances on Portuguese television programmes promoting his perception of what had happened to Madeleine.

Never ceasing to point a finger in the direction of the most investigated couple in the world.

How different things might have been had they been investigated as they should have been and when cleared as they would have been enabling the investigation to progress to the next stage.

That just could not happen when the lead detective was like a wee dog with a bone which under no circumstances was he going to relinquish.
                    =============================================

HC: The question is, following that thesis regarding the hypothesis that the girl was carried in a bag…

JP: In a golf bag.

HC: In a golf bag or in a sports bag, the question is...

JP: Let me just show the picture. [Behind HC and GA there is a flat TV screen, Gerald McCann carrying a Golf bag is shown] Here it is, Gerry McCann with the golf bag, I have to stress that this picture was taken by a British photojournalist, Brian Bould.

HC: Without prejudice, I am not saying that it was Mr. McCann, it's different.
What I am saying is, in the hypothesis - which was one of the theses at that time - that the girl was taken from the bedroom, carried inside a golf bag, or inside a sports bag, by whomever made her leave the bedroom, and then carried her through the golf field to the cliff... We already know, and it is not difficult to understand, that is not possible to throw a 30 kilos2 body from that point, because the body would never fall inside water, never.
With a small rock, a rock with the size of a hand, it is impossible to toss it into the ocean. So, the question is, would it be possible for the girl to have been kept hidden at the cliff area and then be taken from there?

GA: It is possible; indeed that is the thesis, the conclusions that are reached by the police until September of 2007. That the child’s body was kept somewhere. In the first night, the body was taken from the apartment and placed somewhere, and it was not detected.
The searches made that night were to find a living child not a dead one.
Then later, we know, because of the indicia, we get that information from the indicia that was found in the car rented 20 days later, that probably a body, a cadaver was placed there and it was likely Madeleine McCann. The FSS handled the information…

HC: We will speak about the FSS later on.

GA: I am talking about the information, we only had the information.
I’m not talking about what can be proved or not. The information that the police had and was working with. We were at six months from the beginning of the investigation, we should have followed that line, to understand where that body – if there was a body – was placed…

HC: But the question is, how is it possible to keep a body in that cliff without cadaver deterioration?
JM blog

I find that conversation among supposed professional men quite incredible in content and direction and an indication of prevailing attitudes which led to the total collapse of Portuguese interest in the case beyond the supposed guilt of the parents and how best to "prove it"!

If it was contributions such as this that set the tone in Portugal - and I think it was - what chance was there ever that Madeleine's case could rise above the penny dreadful they turned it into.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2022, 06:44:29 PM »
And what is wrong with that, pray tell? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2022, 06:55:46 PM »

Do you realise this is a discussion forum?

"This woman" was quoted because she had something to say which was thought provoking and worthy of using to instigate wider discussion.

I have included material from Saunokonoko's podcasts as well in the hope of dragging us out of the one thread "Off Topic Thread" we've been bogged down and where many good discussions are being lost and to move on.

I take being a Mod on this forum very seriously - as did Eleanor - and I see part of my role as nudging forward when we've become bogged down.

On a McCann Board a thread entitled "Perceptions of Madeleine's Abduction" should give plenty of scope for all points of view to be discussed if there is a will to do so.
Some are probably quite happy with a moribund forum; we've got the opportunity here to use it more appropriately, I think it would be good for you to have a bash at it - engage your brain - and come up with some reasonable contributions.

"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2022, 07:27:52 PM »

"This woman" was quoted because she had something to say which was thought provoking and worthy of using to instigate wider discussion.

I have included material from Saunokonoko's podcasts as well in the hope of dragging us out of the one thread "Off Topic Thread" we've been bogged down and where many good discussions are being lost and to move on.

I take being a Mod on this forum very seriously - as did Eleanor - and I see part of my role as nudging forward when we've become bogged down.

On a McCann Board a thread entitled "Perceptions of Madeleine's Abduction" should give plenty of scope for all points of view to be discussed if there is a will to do so.
Some are probably quite happy with a moribund forum; we've got the opportunity here to use it more appropriately, I think it would be good for you to have a bash at it - engage your brain - and come up with some reasonable contributions.

Well if you think this is a subject which can instigate debate, carry on.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2022, 07:40:34 PM »

I've got a contribution for you.

What abduction?
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2022, 09:08:45 PM »
Well if you think this is a subject which can instigate debate, carry on.

Sigh ~ I've done that already.  That is what "instigate" means.  The trick to having a discussion is to continue with an exchange of ideas.  Rather revealingly you are obviously less than impressed with my initiative.  Nothing new about that though.  It all depends on which direction you think the forum should go;  I think your preference is for groundhog day.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2022, 09:33:07 PM »
Sigh ~ I've done that already.  That is what "instigate" means.  The trick to having a discussion is to continue with an exchange of ideas.  Rather revealingly you are obviously less than impressed with my initiative.  Nothing new about that though.  It all depends on which direction you think the forum should go;  I think your preference is for groundhog day.

Talking of groundhog day I interpreted your opening post as an attempt to restate the opinion that Amaral alone chose to suspect the parents and make them arguidos, which is ludicrous.

The opinion that people all over the place read his book and believed every word of it is not really capable of being tested. The McCanns were unable to offer any evidence in court that Amaral's book 'damaged the search for Madeleine'. That's why their claim on her behalf was dismissed.

Nobody knows why a lot of people doubted the abduction story. I think there's probably a lot of different reasons why people arrived at that opinion.

Result = happy posting.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2022, 10:09:13 PM »
I've got a contribution for you.

What abduction?

It's presented as a fact by certain people all the time, perhaps to lay down the parameters for debate. Strictly speaking it should be referred to as a disappearance imo.
Result = happy posting.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2022, 10:13:07 PM »

I think the forum should allow people the freedom to express their opinions without being sighed at.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2022, 10:43:31 PM »
It's presented as a fact by certain people all the time, perhaps to lay down the parameters for debate. Strictly speaking it should be referred to as a disappearance imo.
Abduction is what is being investigated by three police forces, perhaps you should put all your collecive sceptic efforts into persuading them all that they are mistaken?  With all the enormous weight of evidence against the parents it should be an easy job for you and Spam so get to it, why don’t you…

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2022, 10:45:04 PM »
I think the forum should allow people the freedom to express their opinions without being sighed at.
LOL
“Everybody has something to say, but very few say anything worth hearing. I don't know who this Anna Raccoon is, what her background is, or why her opinions are worth quoting.”