Other High Profile Cases and Persons of Interest > Oscar Pistorius and the killing of girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp.

The Pistorius Case and SA's Legal System

<< < (2/5) > >>

puglove:

--- Quote from: Tim Invictus on March 01, 2014, 12:47:04 AM ---Like the O J Simpson case, I believe the defense will make a huge issue of police incompetence. The original detective walked through the crime scene without protection on his shoes, etc., etc.

--- End quote ---

There are certain cases, like Simpson, Pistorius, Dewani, Ramsey, Bamber....that are so obvious they actually offend the sensibilities. But there will always be a tiny group of people who defend them. Even Ian Brady has got supporters. And Ian Huntley and Mark Bridger get fan mail. There are some sick and sorry folk out there.

Sherlock Holmes:

--- Quote from: Tim Invictus on March 01, 2014, 12:47:04 AM ---Like the O J Simpson case, I believe the defense will make a huge issue of police incompetence. The original detective walked through the crime scene without protection on his shoes, etc., etc.

--- End quote ---

This was certainly one of the main reasons he was given bail, the 'state' having failed to conduct itself professionally in its initial creation of the case against him.

Tim Invictus:

--- Quote from: puglove on March 01, 2014, 01:19:59 AM ---There are certain cases, like Simpson, Pistorius, Dewani, Ramsey, Bamber....that are so obvious they actually offend the sensibilities. But there will always be a tiny group of people who defend them. Even Ian Brady has got supporters. And Ian Huntley and Mark Bridger get fan mail. There are some sick and sorry folk out there.

--- End quote ---

Indeed! Some people even hero worship their favourite killer to the extent they even make fawning websites and creepy forums to show their adulation! This would be laughable if it wasn't so painful and insulting both to the victims memory and their living relatives. Shameful!

Carana:

--- Quote from: Sherlock Holmes on February 28, 2014, 07:42:13 PM ---Obviously Oscar Pistorius' story, as he tells it so far, contains more holes than a block of Swiss cheese.

The question is how matters will play out in the South African court.

--- End quote ---

I haven't followed this case closely. The legal issue will presumably be whether it was a tragic accident or a premeditated murder.

The politics behind it may be a different kettle of fish.

Sherlock Holmes:

--- Quote from: Carana on March 02, 2014, 11:17:55 AM ---
I haven't followed this case closely. The legal issue will presumably be whether it was a tragic accident or a premeditated murder.

The politics behind it may be a different kettle of fish.

--- End quote ---

Also there is the matter of the South African legal system which is different from ours.  There is no jury, for example,  something which may have a bearing on the case.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version